Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 moving away from its kid friendly themes?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2021
    The song is horrible. I hope there is an option to disable or even remove a sims song from the game because this kind of music really makes me angry. I find such songs rude and IMHO it doesn't really fit with Sims.

Not classy at all.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited September 2021
    The song is horrible. I hope there is an option to disable or even remove a sims song from the game because this kind of music really makes me angry. I find such songs rude and IMHO it doesn't really fit with Sims.

I feel the exact same way. Im also suprised it isnt in simlish. But im pretty sure you can toggle what songs play in your game via options. And even if not, you can just skip the song on the radio.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I didn't particularly care for the lyrics but really enjoyed the beat. Had me boppin' along right with it. 🎶

I don't think it's a prelude to more adult themes.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Wait. Are we getting this song in game?!!😯😯😯
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Has anyone seen the music choice for the latest trailer?!

Now, the song is awful.

How dare you :open_mouth:
    *calls out the Kittenz*
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    TBH I didn't like the trailer. Just the same old garbage trailers The Sims 4 always has with sims awkwardly dancing and being "quirky" and "sassy" at the same time, thankfully it doesn't seem to carry over to the gameplay this time around.

In regards to the music it definitely does not fit the pack's aesthetic or theme, it was in poor taste. The original trailer for Spa Day was actually pretty good so seeing that made me cringe.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I thought the whole twerking was extremely suggestive and didn't care for the song to being sang in English since nothing in the game is spoken/sung in English.

I also didn't really understand the reasoning for the dance video when the pack refresh was about a zen and relaxing pack, inner piece sort of thing, and the dancing didn't give off those vibes to me.

Now if this was trailer for a music/dance pack I would have been much more receptive.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member
    All I can hear is “BEEP BEEP” and think about cars…🥺

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 "Beep beep; beep beep. His horn went beep beep beep." Thanks, that song will be in my head for awhile lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've never liked swear words. Even back in the late 80s my "F" word & "S" word was Fudgicle & Sugar Drops. And, even now I still don't understand why people call each other a female dog. That's insulting for a dog. And woohoo off is just plan X rated.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited September 2021
    I really liked this trailer. For a more relaxing vibe we have the first one so I'm not that bothered. But I don't think it means anything. It's just a trailer I guess.
    I also hope we get the song in the game. I'm curious to hear it in simlish :tongue:
    he/him
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    That song choice was iconic 😩
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    If they use Ginuwine's "Pony" when/if they ever do a trailer about horses... then we can talk about non-kid-friendly themes. Yeah. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    This game is, and has ALWAYS been, rated T for Teen. While there are some 'kid friendly' things, it is not and never has been a kids game. There have always, and I do mean always, been warnings for content.

I REALLY want to comment on some of the comments about the choice of music and what they sound like but I also don't want to lose my posting privleges.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sims 4 is a T rated game, but I think for a long time they've been nervous of that T. But most players of The Sims are adults. Seriously, look at some of the builds on the Gallery. Or don't.

I guess the girls are going for a day at the spa, with their best friends.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I was mildly surprised by the trailer using a song that needs a radio edit, but as with many things, my reaction was "Oh. That's new." and move on with my life.

Language in the song aside, I thought it was a good song that did fit the pack, especially in light of the improvements. Made me think of a couple of friends doing a Girl's Day before transitioning into a Ladies Night Out. But then, I don't need "Zen" music to relax, I just need good music.

(Also gives me a sliver of hope that if we ever get Werewolves, EA will be willing to shell out for Bark at the Moon or Werewolves of London...)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I was mildly surprised by the trailer using a song that needs a radio edit, but as with many things, my reaction was "Oh. That's new." and move on with my life.

Language in the song aside, I thought it was a good song that did fit the pack, especially in light of the improvements. Made me think of a couple of friends doing a Girl's Day before transitioning into a Ladies Night Out. But then, I don't need "Zen" music to relax, I just need good music.

(Also gives me a sliver of hope that if we ever get Werewolves, EA will be willing to shell out for Bark at the Moon or Werewolves of London...)

well I thought the beat was good if it is in the game it will be in simlish so no harm to the kids
    and we adults have heard a lot worse then that song no I don't think it means ea is going in a different direction
    in game but I wouldn't mind it if they were I think they should lighten up and have little fun
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I doubt the song means anything in regards to where the franchise is going.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Sims 4 is a T rated game, but I think for a long time they've been nervous of that T.
    They must've understood that wrong, thinking T=tame :D

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I thought it was just a funny trailer, nothing more. I didn't pay attention to the lyrics and I don't usually listen to music like that (it was the first time I heard the song), but I thought the trailer was well made :smiley:
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    I thought the trailer was really good, even if I don’t normally listen to those particular artists. I don’t think it means anything for the direction of the game though.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2021
    VeeDub wrote: »
    If they use Ginuwine's "Pony" when/if they ever do a trailer about horses... then we can talk about non-kid-friendly themes. Yeah. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0

*sweats loudly*

Now Im not saying that they should use that song if and when we get a pack about horses...Im just saying...I wouldnt be against it. They probably shouldnt! But...I wouldnt say no to it.

Now if you excuse me I have to listen to a particular song on repeat for like the next 3 hours.

On topic, first time listening to that song? I got a good chuckle out of it. Its not what I would listen to, but its what the kids are listening to so I dont really care. I thought it was a little cringy, but that's all.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    I think it would be nice if it did mean a change for the direction of the game, but, I think that’s just wishful thinking.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    if anything, the sims 4 seems to be leaning even more into childish antics, so no.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2021
    Not really , just they need a popular African artist for this trailer ( BlackLivesMatter trend).
    Doja Cat songs are often used on Tik Tok.

They could also choose Lil Nas X's "Montero" song

• Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I loved the song and the trailer. Don’t think they mean anything though. I wish it did.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited September 2021
    Keep in mind EA marketing team isn't The Sims Studio developer team

They often do things not included in the game

m8642u10.jpg