Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack Refresh - Dine Out

I know this one is popular: but what would you like to see by way of refresh for Dine Out?

I would like:
Ability to live on same lot as owned restaurant
Ability to be chef and hire household members to work in the restaurant
Tweaks to gameplay to make dining easier and more intuitive

What would you like to see?

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    How about a Family Restaurant without the need of a front desk, like a DQ/McDonalds/KFC.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would have interest in the optional culinary challenges that they described such as cooking competitions among sims.
    Obviously they need to work on any bugs for this pack. They could give you an optional speed of service when dining, quick or slow, since players differ and might have different goals for households.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    How about a Family Restaurant without the need of a front desk, like a DQ/McDonalds/KFC.

Yes, I would love this. A fast food type restaurant or a small coffee shop/icecream parlour don't need a host.
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    Probably a much smaller desire than others but the booths from Dine Out seriously need more swatches! That or I'd gladly take another design of a booth!
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    For starters, I wish I can hire my Sims' family members.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    edited September 2021
    Someone started a Dine Out refresh thread here. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993307/pack-refresh-dine-out#latest
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'd like to see it work and not be so glitchy.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    working food trucks with a few basic designs so they fit everywhere but you don't need to hire anyone just drop them. Maybe something connected to zoomers so you can order whatever is on the menu on your available restaurants for those times the restaurants are buggy but who cares cause the food is at the door. I mean I like having everything mixed up so I don't feel things are bad until they aren't working so I think a refresh anywhere would just be a nice return to the pack work on sims 4 forever till we have everything that was wanted for all I care. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited September 2021
    Similarly:
    - living on the site (just like with any business, really)
    - being able to train and hire Sims I choose, and not have the game generate employees who are useless anyway
    - guests staying at their tables and eating the food
    - more variety in cuisines/food themes
    - probably also a refresh of some BB objects, because I do use a lot of them for regular builds already

ETA: I thought of something else, which I still don't quite understand why it doesn't work: a combination venue, such as a café in a museum or a restaurant with a bakery.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited September 2021
    Strictly speaking of restaurants, I would love for my owner Sims to be able to do something more than merely Manage the place. I have a Chef Sim who would truly love her own Restaurant, but she should be able to be a chef and have others wait tables (perhaps family members) and also a manager. Why is that so hard? This is how it worked in Simsw2. I think the player should be able to choose what position their Sim Owner takes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I posted in the other thread.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I agree with most of what has been said especially being able to hire who you want and having more responsibilities. Like the owner could be the chef too or something.

My biggest thing is dine out needs to have its issues fixed and address before any new refresh content is added. I feel like new things being put in before the problems are fixed will just cause more things in the pack to not work.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Proposal at the table. I loved that in the sims 2. I need it back.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    * Expand the number of menu items allowed
    * Allow active chef career
    * Waiter/waitress part time job - with someone in this job showing up at the restaurant when playing other Sims.
    * Show Sims with high cooking skill or in culinary career in restaurant when visiting with other Sims.
    * Diner staff cries when spilling plate of food and having to remake it.
    * Allergy chance cards in rabbithold cuisine career.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
    I would like more menu types. We have diner, seafood, Italian, experimental, etc. But there are different types of cuisines that came in different packs, I think they should be available to easily create a specific menu with them, like the Latin American recipes, or japanese recipes, or just vegetarian ones. Also an option for fast food type restaurants that don't have hostess, or even restaurants that have neither hostess nor waiter.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    A Barista station that is a straight line, so you can stick a couple of them together. The current one is sort of L shaped.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Spa Day needs to have some more variants of restaurant couches and another furnitures. Currently we only have maybe two styles with only a several questionable swatches.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I'd be happy if they actually just fixed the existing features. <passive-agressive font> You know, if my Sim could go, sit, eat, and pay without going to wash the dishes, refusing to sit down, cleaning up spilled food, talking to other diners, going to get water from bathroom sinks. And it would be great if it didn't take forever to eat and if you could successfully complete a date here without running out of time or interaction choices. So yes, it would be great of Dine Out got a refresh that made the pack actually allow me to experience what I actually paid for.
  • ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    I think if all the owned businesses (restaurant, vet, retail) could all be improved and made to function similarly that'd be a big help. It's so weird how you can own and work at a vet, but when you own a restaurant you can't work there. Even parts of the UI functionality are different between businesses. So yeah a big thing for Dine Out obviously would be letting your sim(s) do some of actual jobs (my goodness I want to help show people to their tables sometimes when there's a backlog) but I think all three (so far) businesses need to be improved and stabalised, while we're on this topic, so maybe that's less of a pack refresh and more of a general game improvement update.

Refresh-wise I'm tryna think more along the lines of what they did with spa day. Improvements not just for one side of the transaction but both - restaurant staff but also customers. Being able to order appetiser meal, main meal and desert (and drink) all at once and have the next delivered after the first is done. Being able to try to dine-and-dash could be fun: TS2 had the ability to try and skip your bill by hiding from the resturant staff for a set amount of time. Being able to have that embarassing birthday moment where the staff bring you a cake and sing. And on the resturant staff side, maybe a kind of home delivery / drive through / online aspect where you can make meals to be sent to off-site customers - this would help increase income without having those unmanagable sized crowds in the resturant itself.
    ponyfhtagn wrote: »
    I think if all the owned businesses (restaurant, vet, retail) could all be improved and made to function similarly that'd be a big help. It's so weird how you can own and work at a vet, but when you own a restaurant you can't work there. Even parts of the UI functionality are different between businesses. So yeah a big thing for Dine Out obviously would be letting your sim(s) do some of actual jobs (my goodness I want to help show people to their tables sometimes when there's a backlog) but I think all three (so far) businesses need to be improved and stabalised, while we're on this topic, so maybe that's less of a pack refresh and more of a general game improvement update.

Refresh-wise I'm tryna think more along the lines of what they did with spa day. Improvements not just for one side of the transaction but both - restaurant staff but also customers. Being able to order appetiser meal, main meal and desert (and drink) all at once and have the next delivered after the first is done. Being able to try to dine-and-dash could be fun: TS2 had the ability to try and skip your bill by hiding from the resturant staff for a set amount of time. Being able to have that embarassing birthday moment where the staff bring you a cake and sing. And on the resturant staff side, maybe a kind of home delivery / drive through / online aspect where you can make meals to be sent to off-site customers - this would help increase income without having those unmanagable sized crowds in the resturant itself.

I rarely have my sims order more than a course of food because they fill up with just one course. They never order appetizers, and then have either the main dish or dessert. It very rare that they have the two in the same outing. If people order all three meals then it's no wonder they spend the entire afternoon in the restaurant.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'd like (aside from things to just work better, and everything you've all mentioned) a restaurant owning aspiration.

Also, some things on the customer world end, like the ability to leave reviews for restaurants you don't own in the world that's you've been to, and maybe for visitors to also see the star rankings listed somewhere, and for that affect things some how, like maybe how crowded it is or something, idk.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Counter service restaurants, and being able to place food stalls on community lots and have them be staffed, would be awesome.

gen3-banner.png
    I would love if sims starting out in the restaurant business could rent or buy a food stand and sell food from the food stand at first.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love if sims starting out in the restaurant business could rent or buy a food stand and sell food from the food stand at first.

Love this idea!!!! There could also be a FREELANCE CATERER career (prepare food at home / party / event / restaurant), get ⭐️rated and invite your loyal customers when you open your 1st restaurant. I would also like to see Zoomers take away orders for restaurants.
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Gosh there are such great ideas here!!!
    crocobaura wrote: »
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I'd like (aside from things to just work better, and everything you've all mentioned) a restaurant owning aspiration.

Also, some things on the customer world end, like the ability to leave reviews for restaurants you don't own in the world that's you've been to, and maybe for visitors to also see the star rankings listed somewhere, and for that affect things some how, like maybe how crowded it is or something, idk.
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    A Barista station that is a straight line, so you can stick a couple of them together. The current one is sort of L shaped.
    * Expand the number of menu items allowed
    * Allow active chef career
    * Waiter/waitress part time job - with someone in this job showing up at the restaurant when playing other Sims.
    * Show Sims with high cooking skill or in culinary career in restaurant when visiting with other Sims.
    * Diner staff cries when spilling plate of food and having to remake it.
    * Allergy chance cards in rabbithold cuisine career.