Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No way to bust the dust from Off the Greed lot?

So we can't use a vacuum cleaner on the Off the Greed lot. OK. But what about the good old mop? Why can't my sim just wash the floor to get rid of dust?
And the other sad news is that there is zero integration between Realm of Magic GP and Bust the Dust Kit. My spellcaster sim can't clean up with magic, Scruberoo doesn't work on the dusty floor. He wasn't able to remove dust bunnies and evil dust bunnies with the Scruberoo or Inferniate spell. He inferniated the floor under a dust bunny, everything was in the fire. After he extinguished the flame, the floor was burnt, but the dust bunny was fine.

Comments

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    According to the live stream you can upgrade the vacuum cleaner to function off the grid.
    Too bad scruberoo doesn't work.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Your sim can just pick up the dust piles with their hands. When I told mine to get rid of their plate they would go round the entire house picking up dust piles along with it, to clean up. But yes, scruberoo and a good old broom would've been better.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Considering there are i think 4 kinds of vacuums, it wouldn't hurt to have 3 instead and one broom. It'll be weird to play the decades challenge and have sims vacuum in the 19th century... i know i can switch the whole dust system off, but then it would be nice to have those cabins all dusty 😅
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They really ought to make Scrubberoo work with it. I mean, that cute little riding vacuum works as a vacuum.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Considering there are i think 4 kinds of vacuums, it wouldn't hurt to have 3 instead and one broom. It'll be weird to play the decades challenge and have sims vacuum in the 19th century... i know i can switch the whole dust system off, but then it would be nice to have those cabins all dusty 😅

I think one of the GCs found the dust in debug. I think it was James Turner in his first video about it. It's the only reason I am thinking of getting it because I think I want to disable everything else. It would be cool to add dust to my run down haunted house.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Your sim can just pick up the dust piles with their hands. When I told mine to get rid of their plate they would go round the entire house picking up dust piles along with it, to clean up. But yes, scruberoo and a good old broom would've been better.

I've tried it, but the floor continued to get dirtier, despite the dust piles removal :(
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

I've tried it, but the floor continued to get dirtier, despite the dust piles removal :(

dang, seems like it just works differently at randomly for people. I was TRYING to keep it dirty and it just kept going clean lol.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited March 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    According to the live stream you can upgrade the vacuum cleaner to function off the grid.

(there def needed to be a broom option didnt there?)

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

Me too, picking up the dust piles does not seem to make the rooms 'clean'.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited March 2021
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

(there def needed to be a broom option didnt there?)

A broom option would definitely have been a nice alternative. I would probably have ended up using the broom more than the vacuum cleaner if they included it. Hopefully they will patch it in or someone will create a mod by the time I get the pack.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    So, I tested this. I pulled my Sims4 folder, and started my game to generate a brand new one to assure there was absolutely no mod interference. I then put in my tray file so I could access my maxed skill test family. I bought them a computer, used motherlode to bump up their cash and bought a bunch of upgrade parts. I upgraded a vacuum to work OTG, and sure enough it doesn't work. OTG items usually work immediately upon placement, sometimes with limited functionality like stoves, and fridges, but they work w/o adding solar panels, windmills etc. I tweeted my findings to Ninja, Nick, and Frost...we'll see if it yields any response. I really like this pack a lot, and even if it's at the low end of the price scale it should work as advertised.

ETA: I let the house get moderately dusty, still no luck with vacs, and also no manual option to clean floors either, like the mop. It seems that that should be an option since we don't have brooms. To be able to just select "clean floor" and have them whip out their pocket mop and clean by sections, like after a fire, it would take longer yes, but it would also be pretty authentic for OTG play.
    Zero has a broom mod already. It doesn't replace the vacuum. I think it adds a broom to bb with the same gameplay. I downloaded it today in his site but haven't tried yet.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Zero has a broom mod already. It doesn't replace the vacuum. I think it adds a broom to bb with the same gameplay. I downloaded it today in his site but haven't tried yet.

If it's the same one I installed, it's the regular mop and mopping animations, not a broom - but it works fine, and honestly seems like it would have been a good idea to link in the first place - those things are already in the game and it would solve the off the grid problem instantly. (Although a broom with a sweep animation would be nice.)

If it's the same one I installed, it's the regular mop and mopping animations, not a broom - but it works fine, and honestly seems like it would have been a good idea to link in the first place - those things are already in the game and it would solve the off the grid problem instantly. (Although a broom with a sweep animation would be nice.)

Maybe it's the same. It's a new mod, his latest i think... yeah a broom would be cooler for historical saves, which was what i was looking for, but a mop will do it anyway... It's better than the vacuum, doesn't rely on power...
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

Maybe it's the same. It's a new mod, his latest i think... yeah a broom would be cooler for historical saves, which was what i was looking for, but a mop will do it anyway... It's better than the vacuum, doesn't rely on power...

They actually have brooms now I think of it (from RoM).
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    We did get a broom in Laudry day SP (wall decoration), maybe they can update that so you actually can use it. Picking up dust with your hands is a little weird... :/
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    I'm here for this issue. My family is #offthegrid. Any non-modded solutions?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    yagwit wrote: »

You can stomp on the bunnies and throw away the dust piles that collect and that seems to be enough to keep the houses dust free without using the vacuum cleaner. Also, when you mop water puddles, it gets rid of dust piles too.
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    There is a mod called mop the dust. I don't know if its updated or not yet. Your sims can use a mop to get rid of the dust
  • yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Got the mod. It works beautifully!
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

You can stomp on the bunnies and throw away the dust piles that collect and that seems to be enough to keep the houses dust free without using the vacuum cleaner. Also, when you mop water puddles, it gets rid of dust piles too.

That doesn't work it still gets dirtier and you have to vacuum
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

That doesn't work it still gets dirtier and you have to vacuum

It works for me. Could be a bug though. :lol:
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    Got the mod. It works beautifully!

Does it? I was unsure if it was updated yet or not. Somewhere there was a broom override where they replaced the map with a broom using the same animations that worked with the mod. Of course then your sims used a broom to mop water as well....but if you wanted to use that it would be like you were sweeping
  • ZloytlZloytl Posts: 78 Member
    So un thought through I would love a broom or a mechanical sweeper