Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure if this is unpopular but the cool and neutral skin tones are horrible. They make my sims look like corpses

Many of the skin tones are still pretty terrible, from sims looking like corpses or looking as though they are made out of mystery meat to broken genetics. Something needs to be done to fix them. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    But sure it is a cool thing to involve the ''Community'' (Game Changers) more, but its not that big of a thing really.

I am not a fan of GC program as such tbh. There was no such thing during THS2 and TS3 period and it was just fine this way. Otherwise it looks like: we are all for equality and stuff, but some peeps are more "equal" than others (based exclusively on their sub count, not quality of their content and talent hehe).
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Torie wrote: »
    PreCiious wrote: »
    But sure it is a cool thing to involve the ''Community'' (Game Changers) more, but its not that big of a thing really.

I am not a fan of GC program as such tbh. There was no such thing during THS2 and TS3 period and it was just fine this way. Otherwise it looks like: we are all for equality and stuff, but some peeps are more "equal" than others (based exclusively on their sub count, not quality of their content and talent hehe).

I used to watch a lot of beauty YouTube, where influencers try to get on makeup companies’ PR lists so they get free product to review. I can’t see how the Game Changers are any different than EA’s PR list for the sims. Giving it a fancy name and calling them Game Changers just obscures the fact that they’re influencers getting free product in exchange for review. No shade to them, as they can be very entertaining and I consume plenty of their content, but EA is saving a fortune in marketing by giving the GCs early access.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    I don't really think we need cars.
    I didn't even use them in previous games, and used to just have them as decoration. There isn't an open world anyway, so what's the point of using cars when the loading screen will show up?
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I actually like the Landgraabs.

I do too! I play with MCCC and it has married off all the Landgraabs (Nancy and Geoffrey had a couple more kids) and they all have at least 5 kids, so their family is huge. So far none of them have married into my played families, but I figure it will happen eventually in a future generation. Meanwhile it's fun to watch their family grow as townies.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I want each new sims game to be different from the last and add new gameplay/worlds/sims/etc. If I wanted to play x old game I would just play it
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stutum wrote: »
    I think the Goths are overrated and boring.

i always redo that family and give them more life, bella needs to give up that dress...
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I want each new sims game to be different from the last and add new gameplay/worlds/sims/etc. If I wanted to play x old game I would just play it

I agree with that. I'm sometimes baffled by players who say things like "They should bring So-and-so back." I'm often left thinking, "But this game never had that, so how can it bring it back?" Truly, if I love an older game (of any game series), I play that. But I prefer newer games to be new and different instead of rehashes of the same old same old.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

I agree with that. I'm sometimes baffled by players who say things like "They should bring So-and-so back." I'm often left thinking, "But this game never had that, so how can it bring it back?" Truly, if I love an older game (of any game series), I play that. But I prefer newer games to be new and different instead of rehashes of the same old same old.

I agree also. I particularly like this stage in the game's development because most of the most requested themes have been done and I'm curious to see what's next. And no I'm not bored. 😄
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    I wonder if those experiencing skintone weirdness might have those yellow shift/blue shift display modifications enabled, that people use for help with insomnia or headaches from computer displays?
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I kind of miss the old skin tones. With the new skin tones update some of the facial shading is awkward in that it gives everyone a 5 o'clock shadow, even the female sims. I feel like I'm playing The Bearded Lady Sim which isn't exactly a look I'm going for. lol

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: I kind of miss the old skin tones. With the new skin tones update some of the facial shading is awkward in that it gives everyone a 5 o'clock shadow, even the female sims. I feel like I'm playing The Bearded Lady Sim which isn't exactly a look I'm going for. lol

Agree, there's also this weird shadow around the mouth (think it's laugh lines?) that makes my sims look super-aged. It's super obvious on child and teen sims. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »

I think the skin tone update was one of the worst things that has happened to the game. I was more than fine with them fixing the coloured skin tones because they really needed it but the sliders were completely unnecessary. Now we get random sims spawning in the game with all kinds of weird skin colours and it makes the game look worse than ever.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited September 2021

I think a mix of both makes for a good balance. We're seeing that with sims 4. People will always want Seasons + University and such. I can't imagine sims without seasons but I agree I'm excited to see unique content we haven't seen before either. I'm just not ready to give up the staples in exchange.
    Trashmagic wrote: »

I think a mix of both makes for a good balance. We're seeing that with sims 4. People will always want Seasons + University and such. I can't imagine sims without seasons but I agree I'm excited to see unique content we haven't seen before either. I'm just not ready to give up the staples in exchange.

Yeah, wishing for "the staples" doesn't baffle me at all (although I'm apparently one of the rare ones who does not want Seasons, lol). It's the seeming wish by some folks for this game to essentially become a more modern remake of one or more of the older games in the series that I do find hard to fathom, especially considering that this iteration was actually meant not to be a literal continuation of all that came before. :)
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    The skintones that existed prior to the update are still there, at least according to the threads I read when the update came out. You just might need to do more digging now. They're mostly in warm if that helps! :) The "cool" skintones are sometimes pinky though I must admit, so I'm hoping for another update. Why not, right?

Been doing a lot of playing around with the skintones and it is impossible to come even close to recreating the original "caucasian" skintones that used to be in the game. Even the ones that kinda sorta come close are either completely washed out or still far too dark.

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I like the eyeball ring. There, I said it.
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited September 2021

[
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    greydonn wrote: »
    The skintones that existed prior to the update are still there, at least according to the threads I read when the update came out. You just might need to do more digging now. They're mostly in warm if that helps! :) The "cool" skintones are sometimes pinky though I must admit, so I'm hoping for another update. Why not, right?

Been doing a lot of playing around with the skintones and it is impossible to come even close to recreating the original "caucasian" skintones that used to be in the game. Even the ones that kinda sorta come close are either completely washed out or still far too dark.

But we have green and blue.... 🤣
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    I like the eyeball ring. There, I said it.

*whispers* I do too.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    I almost always delete Vlad, Vatores and....

... Morgyn.

*runs and hides* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I almost always delete Vlad, Vatores and....

... Morgyn.

*runs and hides* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have Vampires but if/when I ever do, I'd be right there with you. No pre-made is safe from my whims to delete. None. Yes, not even Morgyn. :lol:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I kept Morgan so my sim could beat him in duels.
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    welcome wagons are not annoying
  • cecesims41cecesims41 Posts: 22 Member
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but I wish townies from my neighborhood would show up at community lots before sims from other worlds do. I want to meet my new neighbors, not Judith Ward and the Vatores!
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    cecesims41 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is unpopular, but I wish townies from my neighborhood would show up at community lots before sims from other worlds do. I want to meet my new neighbors, not Judith Ward and the Vatores!

@cecesims41 I'm the same way. I got tired of seeing the Landgraabs jog past my house several times a day, while I never saw the couple next door after they welcomed me to the neighborhood. I tried a mod that keeps Sims from straying from their worlds, except to visit bars, gyms, spas, etc. It's working very well for me. I'm not a huge fan of mods, and I use them very, very sparingly--but I'm pleased with this one.

Here's the link: https://lotharihoe.tumblr.com/post/622921247655919616/sso-sim-spawn-overhaul-download-google-drive

And, while I'm here, welcome to the forum! Happy simming!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top