Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Give Us a Cheat or a Way to Reset a Sims Stats Please?

Whenever we save a played sims to our Gallery, they always have some unremovable stats like their skill, aspiration milestone, etc. It is quite annoying especially when you want to re-play the same exact sims again on a new save file without any stats (times happy, times flirty, skills, etc).
Right now, I'm creating my own save file and I want all of the sims I created to be like how when they are first created, no stats, no skills, no milestone completed, etc. I believe a lot of people also want this handy feature/cheats.

I know that we can just create a twin, put on the same clothes, makeup, and then delete the original one, but when you have 58 sims to reset, a cheats or a feature is required. And I know the game usually automatically saves the household we created to our own Library, but most of the time, the played sims and when they were first created is not the same (clothing, makeup, maybe facial shape are adjusted?).

So, what I'm thinking right now is either give us a cheat code that can reset a specific sims (maybe clearSim Firstname Lastname?) or give us options to choose when saving a sims/household to a Gallery, whether to keep all the stats or save it like it is first made.
I really want this feature along with a cheat to adjust sims day-age (keep in mind this is not life stage), it will help me a lot in creating save file.

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    sorry but i have to disagree with this idea much easyer when sims skills are max out from the start
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2021
    sorry but i have to disagree with this idea much easyer when sims skills are max out from the start

We have a cheat to max sims skills, but there's no way to reverse it, making the skill tab totally blank like a brand new character. And that's why I said, create an options to choose when saving a household, keep all stats or save it like it's new
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think a cheat would be better. Probably a CAS cheat because it sounds like you need to start there for this kind of thing (with setting aspirations and what not). Options are always a good thing, but I could see them struggling to do this with the UI. Plus, I like my Sims' progress being saved in 4. If I accidentally saved it the wrong way, it would upset me.

Actually, if you saved it "like it was new" in your library you couldn't play them right away because they have to have an aspiration set. You aren't allowed to skip that in CAS. It would have to take you straight to CAS to set that stuff. So definitely CAS cheat or series of cheats.

I genuinely shudder at the possible bugs that this could introduce, but I understand why people would want it. I might even use it for my own Sims. I would definitely back up everything for this update, though. If my library was ever wiped, I might just quit the game.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    In the past I wanted to play a saved sim with skills. but I made some changes, hair size, clothes etc. and when I put her in my game she was a new sim with no skills?