Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need hobbies!

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Sewing, pottery, jewelry, restoration, birds watch, ballet, sports, music instruments, train modeling... The Sims 4 needs a Freetime EP soon!

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I think it would be nice if sims could get a metal detector and make it a bit more difficult for them to find the different metals and also not tempt them to dig into every dirt mound. Kind of like the spore detector.
  • Simmerz13Simmerz13 Posts: 3 New Member
    I felt there were some good hobby additions with the new Cottage expansion.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Simmerz13 wrote: »

In all packs I believe:
    • Sewing in Cottage Living
    • Pottery in Jungle Adventure
    • Jewelry in Get Famous
    • Sports in Seasons
    • Birds watch in Outdoor Retreat
    • Music instruments in Get Together (before City Living)
    • Train modeling in Parenthood
    • Car Restoration in Get to Work
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    we have a decent amount with the newer packs:

cross stitching - cottage living
    knitting - knifty knitting
    instruments - base game, vampires, outdoor retreat, city living
    archaeology - jungle adventure
    dancing - get together
    "vlogging" [media] - get famous
    rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding - snowy escape
    skating - seasons
    bowling - bowling stuff
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • SoftballChick_88SoftballChick_88 Posts: 13 New Member
    -skateboarding
    -BMX
    -Hockey
    -American Football
    -More gameplay with soccer i.e. teams
    -softball/baseball
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member
    This might go along with what I was thinking about earlier. Ballet, Ballroom and Country style dancing. I think these could all be there own kit.

Ballet Suggestions:

Practice attire: Leotards, tutus, ballet slippers, ballet shoes and leg warmers. A couple of hair styles for practice.
    Performance attire: Ballet Costumes based off of the two classic ballet stories, The Nutcracker and Swan Lake. Hairstyles and make up suited for the story theme.

Inspired by the 80s show Fame. I would also like to see mix race and culture performance art included.

We love the classics. But, also love modern performance art. Allow people to see the different sides of ballet.

But, let's not forget about ballet bars that we should be able to place along the wall and one we can place in the center of a room. Dance floors with dedicated ballet dances, practices and routines.

I don't know if Tap or Jazz should be included. But, I am putting it here. I want to know what other Simmers thoughts on this. I personally would love to see my Sims being able to tap dance.

Ballroom Dancing Suggestions:

The four, Waltz, Salsa, Tango and Foxtrot. But, also include classic slow dancing for couples, like on prom night or wedding parties.

It should include the appropriate hair and attire suited for their style of dance. ( This is actually important in dance competitions)

Add the option for couples dance spots, then allow us to pick what style of dance.

I also want to add Country Style Dances, such as, line dancing, square dancing and maybe even river dancing.

I'd love to see more suggestions on cultural dances. Another one came to mind is the midsummer festival dance around the May Pole.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I also want to add Country Style Dances, such as, line dancing, square dancing and maybe even river dancing.
    Why not Old English Country Dances?

https://youtu.be/IUwjt70Pdvo
    https://youtu.be/TUxbcJIOHNY
    https://youtu.be/wSCYBgUUDhw

They have been danced for around 400 years, and are what square dancing originated from. They are also still very popular.

Another one came to mind is the midsummer festival dance around the May Pole.
    A pagan fertility frolic.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »

In all packs I believe:
    • Jewelry in Get Famous
    • Sports in Seasons

I love your ideas @Mak27
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

In all packs I believe:
    • Jewelry in Get Famous
    • Sports in Seasons

This is why I want Cottage Living. The sewing hobby would be a good addition! 😎

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I think D&D, other Tabletop RPGs like VTM and board games like Monopoly and Sorry should be added to the hobby list.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I think D&D, other Tabletop RPGs like VTM and board games like Monopoly and Sorry should be added to the hobby list.

YES!
    And take it a step further, with LARP around the neighbourhood.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member

In all packs I believe:
    • Jewelry in Get Famous
    • Sports in Seasons

Cottage living doesn’t have sewing, it has embroidery. I would love to see a sewing machine, patters, and fabrics in a game pack or something. Where we can sew clothes, rag dolls and stuffed animals. Knitting and embroidery were great additions, but we should also be able to sew too.
  • BlackkatnessBlackkatness Posts: 63 Member

[/quote]

Cottage living doesn’t have sewing, it has embroidery. I would love to see a sewing machine, patterns, and fabrics in a game pack or something. Where we can sew clothes, rag dolls and stuffed animals. Knitting and embroidery were great additions, but we should also be able to sew too.[/quote]

Let's add quilts to this idea or baby blankets. These would be great gifts for your Sims to give away and obviously, another way to make some Similions on the side. Maybe we can sew a blanket for our pets and farm animals to use. When it's cold Sims could wrap their favorite blanket around themselves to prevent themselves from Freezing to death, if they have it in their inventory. For fun they should have one outfit or a shirt that is intentionally meant to look like it was sewn badly. Maybe something locked behind a career asperation, that your Sim can proudly wear and display.

Other things Sims could sew are Kites and windsocks. I remember having to make a windsock for a home economics project. It looked terrible. Oh! And stockings! Stockings our Sims can hang up the night before Father Winter shows up.