Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much are y'all willing to pay for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if it were available on Origin?

Before you vote:

Please note that this is not about how much you wish Ultimate Collection's hypothetical price tag to be, but rather the highest amount you are willing to pay for the game.

Currencies in choices below all set in USD.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg
chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
._.

How much are y'all willing to pay for Sims 2 Ultimate Collection if it were available on Origin? 92 votes

No more than $9.99
17%
canitbemanpisceschick75ncisGibbs02haneultaydevwaterywatermelonOnverserBreazonaKyreRoenJordan061102SERVERFRASimAlexandriaBenjamilianChaotic_MoirawildleafbatTrineeLarsen 16 votes
$19.99
34%
CK213IcewolfCaitxcatCynnaMoon_Willowbarracuda1574JodainDaraviSorak4LatinaBunnyKelvinDoodlyDoofusKirbycatTeaniasCattyBetsyClarionOfJoyMortimerGothAtreya33AericiaEthroptur 32 votes
$39.99
23%
PlayerSinger2010Paryalanmichael1peno11TeeSeabixtersSunflowergal227pammiechickAstrogoldann25MDianaSimsHorrorgirl6StrawberryYogurtWarGreymon77Lady_BalloraAngeliqueAdelaideSimmingalNushkaACruelButLovingGodfantuanss 22 votes
Higher than $39.99
23%
Sara1010PPeachesnDucksMizzila1297SeptJanOctMaggieMarleyChadSims2EnkiSchmidtOldeseadoggeLiELFColton147147EricasFreePlayJojoMOMSTERVanPelt81PeralNushnushganaySiggDiggitVINNIHElliandreSimSpockDragonmasterleo 22 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No more than $9.99
    I prefer my Sims 3 for older games.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    edited September 2021
    $39.99
    For a classic game and 8 expansions? In theory I'd drop $45 on it ($5 for each item, considering stuff packs a throw-in); in practice, if it were available, I'd probably wait for a sale because Steam trained me well over the past 12 years never to pay full price for a PC game.

So I split the difference and said $39.99.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    $19.99
    $20 sounds right to me. It stands to reason that it should cost less than 3 and it was given away for free for a time.

If they want to charge $40 (which is new game price for certain titles), I need to extra improvements.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited September 2021
    Higher than $39.99
    Offer support for it and make it fully compatible with modern systems and no longer needing to research fixes? And fix the corruption issues such as strangetown ghosts? Runs even offline? And all the content? Put me down for a one-time payment of up to $100.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Interesting question, is there a possibility that they would modernize and bring back Sims 2?
  • $39.99
    Interesting question, is there a possibility that they would modernize and bring back Sims 2?

I've said before that the climate's right for it in the gaming marketplace. Think of all the "Remastered"/remake games that have come out in the past year—Rome: Total War, Mass Effect, the first seven Final Fantasy games (FF7 Remake plus the Pixel Remaster of the NES and SNES games), Diablo 2, the Yakuza series, just to name a by-no-means-complete list.

EA could totally put out "Sims 2 Ultimate Remaster" and I think people would be all over it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2021
    Higher than $39.99
    If I didn't already have it on Origin (I got it when the developers were giving out free codes if you could prove you owned at least the base game or one of the packs), I would pay $100 for the base game and all packs in one bundle like it is.

I forgot to mention that I also have most of the neighborhoods from the Sims 2 Life Stories and Pet Stories (Castaway Stories didn't interest me so I don't have those neighborhoods) from another site saved to a flash drive. If those were also included, I would be over the moon.
    Post edited by EricasFreePlay on
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    No more than $9.99
    I think $9.99 is reasonable. It’s a very old game now and isn’t supported anymore. I wouldn’t mind playing it occasionally but after 3 it’s hard to be restricted to a single lot.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    No more than $9.99
    I already own the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection the day it came out, so I got that for free.
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Honestly, seeing that it does include EVERY expansion made for TS2, I would more than willingly pay more than 39.99 for it. I'm basing that on some other older games that are still available as an entire collection, and those average around 80-200, depending how MANY add-ons and DLCs are included. I think it'd be a fair price around 50, ESPECIALLY if they optimize it a little better for newer systems (not anything huge like an overhaul, but just a patch to fix some graphic bugs due to the incompatibility), for the entire Sims 2 collection.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No more than $9.99
    It was free before so I don't think it'd be that fair to charge a full price for it. If they resumed support and fixed some of the issues then I think it'd be reasonable to charge but if it's gonna stay unsupported it shouldn't be paid content
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    No more than $9.99
    §10-§15 seems about right. I was lucky enough to get the Ultimate Edition, since I bought the individual TS2 games on Origin and that had to be more than §40.
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Me 'aul boots.

I begged them to take my money once and they wouldn't give me the game. They gave me medieval instead. Too late now.

But hey, it depends. If it's fixed, remastered and made compatible with modern systems I'm willing to pay whatever the original price was.
    If I can BE the sim and actually walk around in...say Strangetown.....meh...I'd probably pay a bit higher. :p
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have it already but if they were to remaster it and tweak some things like adding townie aging. UMMMM I would PAY a lot for that.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    $39.99

They could but they wont
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    $19.99
    $9.99: As is
    $19.99: No Securom DRM
    $39.99: Remaster and Bug fixes
    Above that: Remake
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    $39.99
    I was lucky enough to get it back when it was free if you had a copy of TS2 registered on Origin. But let's say that never happened, I'd definitely pay $40 to get everything.
    I love TS2!
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    I would be happy to pay £39.99 GBP for it if it were the complete collection and I could be sure that it would work on my current PC. It was my favourite out of all The Sims games and I used to have hours of fun with it so would love to have it again.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i much prefer sims4 than sims2 these days since as a player i consider the sims2 outdated
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    edited September 2021
    $19.99
    i much prefer sims4 than sims2 these days since as a player i consider the sims2 outdated

I beg to differ. Sims 2 graphics may have been outdated judging by today’s standard, but its gameplay is what makes it great and much much superior to that of sims 4 in many different aspects. It already featured fears/wants, a very detailed lore and well-thought premade household history, challenging gameplay mechanics back when it was released in 2004, ten years before sims 4 hit the shelves.

Sims 4 shouldn’t even be comparing itself with a game released ten years ago, lol. If a video game released a decade ago had more innovative and in-depth gameplay to offer than its supposed successor then you ought to really question just what the heck had the developers been doing all this time apart from milking the plumbobs out of it.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    No more than $9.99
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I have it already but if they were to remaster it and tweak some things like adding townie aging. UMMMM I would PAY a lot for that.

Have you seen the new story progression mod?
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    $39.99
    Honestly as someone else said, i would probably pay about $40.00. Although somehow i have the Sims 2 Store edition: so $10 for me would be cool. if i had to tho, i would pay 40 bucks because it has lots of EPs/Sps. 9 Eps, that's alot.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    $19.99
    I already have the Ultimate Collection......For Freeeeeeeeeee*

But if I didn't have it.....I'd pay $20. You're getting a lot of content, sure. But this game would probably be 20 years old by the time EA gets the courage to put it back up for sale. Paying more for a nearly 20 year old game? Nah fam.

*Got it for free because I showed a customer service rep I owned a copy of Sims 2 on Disc. Yippie skippy!
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    $19.99
    $20 sounds good to me, especially since they practically gave the game away for free when sims 4 come out; no one buys discs anyone so it sucks that someone with me with a new account doesn't have access to the old games unless they want to buy all of the old discs and will have to upgrade their PC or buy one for gaming just to play sims on a disc, and I'd say $20 is pretty good for a sims game; it should probably be cheaper considering it's an old game and none of the bugs is going to be fixed, but I go hope the bring the free version back I wouldn't mind paying for it sims 2 is probably the best game in the entire franchise IMO.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Higher than $39.99
    Considering it is my favorite out of the series, if I didn't already own it, which I do, I would be willing to pay a whole lot to get it again.