Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next occult coming up...?

124...Next

Comments

• gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    fairies is probably going to be the next occult there is just to many hints the only question is will it be a game pack or an Expansion pack still I've been wrong before
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    As much as I loved werewolves, genies and fairies in TS3 I'm hoping for something new and fresh we haven't seen before. Something to catch my interest, that I just HAVE to play because I've nerver experienced it before and I won't have an already established idea of what the occult can do.

If we get werewolves or fairies I won't have much of an expectation because so far, while I love vampires, the other occults have not withstood their TS3 counterparts in my opinion and I'm a little tired of being a bit disappointed every time a 'new' occult is announced for TS4.

I so wish it was like TS3 with a new occult in every pack, that way everyone got at least something that they wanted to play with. With TS4 I have to wait, and wait and wait.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    As much as I loved werewolves, genies and fairies in TS3 I'm hoping for something new and fresh we haven't seen before. Something to catch my interest, that I just HAVE to play because I've nerver experienced it before and I won't have an already established idea of what the occult can do.

If we get werewolves or fairies I won't have much of an expectation because so far, while I love vampires, the other occults have not withstood their TS3 counterparts in my opinion and I'm a little tired of being a bit disappointed every time a 'new' occult is announced for TS4.

I so wish it was like TS3 with a new occult in every pack, that way everyone got at least something that they wanted to play with. With TS4 I have to wait, and wait and wait.

I tried with demons, people don't want them due to being tied to religion, Succubi/Incubi would be pretty simple just hybridize fairies with vampires, they feed on mortal's life forces by woohooing and they have wings plus aside from the tail, horns and wings they're the most human looking demons of them all.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Fun thought I had. It isn't necessarily new, because it has to do with Faeries, but all my internal ranting about how the Victorians reduced True Fae to small pretty things with wings gave me this idea

What if they did Faeries with a Steampunk Victorian aesthetic? Clockwork wings and Top hats with goggles, and striped hose under bustle skirts...

And we get courts, but it's Clock-punk vs. Garden?
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Fun thought I had. It isn't necessarily new, because it has to do with Faeries, but all my internal ranting about how the Victorians reduced True Fae to small pretty things with wings gave me this idea

What if they did Faeries with a Steampunk Victorian aesthetic? Clockwork wings and Top hats with goggles, and striped hose under bustle skirts...

Aren't Tiny Fairies just pixies?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Aren't Tiny Fairies just pixies?

Yep. And that's what the majority of people think of when they think Fairy. Small, pretty people with wings, a la Tinkerbelle or Thumbelina. Because the Victorians took all the danger out of Faerie and reduced them to just the pixie variety. But True Faerie is so, so much more than that, even if we limit it to just the British Isles versions. When we expand Faerie to include the similar creatures from other cultures it becomes even wider in scope.

Which is why we're more likely to get pretty people with wings than true fae if we ever get a Faerie pack. Because 1)it won't fit in a Game Pack budget, and 2) most people won't know what hit them if they were confronted by a Cornish Nocker, or a Pwca, or a Spriggan, or Russian Domovoi, or a Japanese Youkai, or any of countless other creatures that aren't pretty people with wings that exist in various folklores around the world.

I've made my peace with it, but that doesn't mean I won't keep hoping for more and trying to spread knowledge of the Fae.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Realism players already complain they have to buy Vampires to get Victorian, I can only imagine the furor if more Victorian came out with another occult :smiley:

I do like the idea and would enjoy it but a part of me would cry if I can't make Fae somewhat resemble what I have thought of in my head for years and years. A none wing option and a tradition wing option would be nice to have along side.

Love your campaign for the Fae! I've been leaving temptations out for Brownies for years but I guess I'm just too messy to deserve one :) I've been spending a lot of time in our garden and researching Fae types and myths in relation to that because I need all the help I can get there!
    edited August 2021
    CelSims wrote: »

Realism players already complain they have to buy Vampires to get Victorian, I can only imagine the furor if more Victorian came out with another occult :smiley:

I do like the idea and would enjoy it but a part of me would cry if I can't make Fae somewhat resemble what I have thought of in my head for years and years. A none wing option and a tradition wing option would be nice to have along side.

Love your campaign for the Fae! I've been leaving temptations out for Brownies for years but I guess I'm just too messy to deserve one :) I've been spending a lot of time in our garden and researching Fae types and myths in relation to that because I need all the help I can get there!

A Victorian pack without occults would just be dumb, sure there were awesome steam powered inventions, but it was also the time period where people still believed in things like Frankenstein's Monster, the Wolfman and Doctor Jekll and Mister Hyde, a victorian era pack would be a perfect GP opportunity to introduce Occults, have any of you guys watched Penny Dreadful, it was a show about monster hunters like supernatural except that it was set in Victorian London, realistically werewolves, vampires and frankenstein monsters don't exist, but the real Victorian London did have it's fair share of monsters especially one who went by the name Jack the ripper.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I think the Rabbits & Chickens are part Occults. They already can turn into demon animals,
    for example: killer Rabbit & Evil Hen/Roster. >:)
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited August 2021
    If we get zombies i hope there will be some early Sims influence. It was fun when attempting to resurrect a Sim went wrong and they came back as a zombie instead lol there was some meaning to being dead too because you werent guaranteed to get back the same sim
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I really need werwolves...Dr. Jaqueline Hyde, resident psychiatrist of The Asylum, has been waiting for ages now to become a real werewolf...
    that said, fairies, ghouls/zombies gimme, gimme, gimme!!!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

It's almost Autumn. Where's my dark faes & howling wolfies?
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    Personally, I really like what TS4 has done with most occult types so far. (I’m not counting Plantsims.) Even the aliens are fun with their shapeshifting/memory erasing abilities and I have avoided them like the plague in past versions of the Sims.

I actually have every confidence they’ll do a good job with whatever they add to the game next. Personally, I’m crossing my fingers for werewolves, but I’d be hyped to see genies appear too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    One of the new Reskins of the Yoga Mats has a design with the phases of the moon.

If that doesn't scream Werewolf, I don't know what does.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    WerewolvesWerewolvesWerewolves!
    "I feel a bad moon arising, I feel trouble along the way, don't go out tonight, it's about to take a fright, there's a bad moon on arise, awoo"
    I just couldn't resist singing that song for Werewolves. >:):pB)