Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Bite-size packs, big possibilities

Comments

• Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I wish they would do a kit for summer stuff, such as a poolslide, beach balls, new pool activities ,cotton candy, frozen daiquiri, volleyball set and more swim wear.

After the farming announcement, I just feel like anything is possible. I'd like to see a summer stuff kit or pack as well.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have a question about kits: why are they 38% more expensive in the UK than in the US? They're $5 in the US but £4.99 (= $6.94) in the UK. :/
  • susannesimssusannesims Posts: 128 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    If only Country Kitchen added a new functional item like a butter churn like The Sims 1 Makin Magic (functional, unlike TS3 Store one) it would be great for everyone.

I wants some Kits to enhance the gameplay and adding more realism like:

-Weed and lawnmower
    -Wood chopping
    -Water heating
    -Swimming pool maintenance

I think that would be more of a stuff pack if they did both a kitchen set and gameplay. Like cool kitchen stuff is a kitchen and the ice cream feature (though also CAS as well). So I doubt they'll do one that is BOTH a kitchen set (Kitchens are pretty big features) AND a gameplay set. But separate gameplay objects like the ones you mentioned could be realistic maybe. Lawn mower would be pretty nice
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    If only Country Kitchen added a new functional item like a butter churn like The Sims 1 Makin Magic (functional, unlike TS3 Store one) it would be great for everyone.

I wants some Kits to enhance the gameplay and adding more realism like:

-Weed and lawnmower
    -Wood chopping
    -Water heating
    -Swimming pool maintenance

I think that would be more of a stuff pack if they did both a kitchen set and gameplay. Like cool kitchen stuff is a kitchen and the ice cream feature (though also CAS as well). So I doubt they'll do one that is BOTH a kitchen set (Kitchens are pretty big features) AND a gameplay set. But separate gameplay objects like the ones you mentioned could be realistic maybe. Lawn mower would be pretty nice
    A working butter churn would have been great addition to Cottage Living since it is something that you would expect to see on an old homestead or an old farm. Maybe the devs will read this, and decide to add a working butter churn to the game someday. I really would love to see the sims be able to craft their own butter and cheese in the game someday. And their own cream too.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sorry, EA, I'm out of money. I can't afford new ikea style furniture this money. I've bought every pack and simply BECAUSE I bought every pack, I've been very nicely screwed over when it comes to being able to save money with Bundles.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Why is it that EA / devs keep... messing the most obvious things up?

Like the Industrial Loft kit, that has some high quality items, but unfortunately does not share swatches or sizes with any other items in game and, I just realized, do not have a front door in the kit. Which means there is still not a single front door that matches the kit's windows in the entire game.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Big possibilities? Big possibilities???
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I finally got the following Kits:

Incheon Arrivals Fashion
    Fashion Street
    Throwback Fit

I only wanted these because they have CAS clothing that I can use when I am able to make some new Sims and actually play my game.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    IMO, kits are just CC which you have to pay for. Change my mind. CC has a lot of variety and it's free, whereas Kits are limited and you have to pay money for them.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 293 Member
    edited November 2021
    IMO, kits are just CC which you have to pay for. Change my mind. CC has a lot of variety and it's free, whereas Kits are limited and you have to pay money for them.

There are many of us, like me, who don't want to use CC, for many different reasons. So the Packs, also the Kits, are bringing more styles, options and possibilities for us who enjoy playing the game without CC. I have bought all Kits except Bust the Dust and That "Incheon" -Kit :smile:

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Aaleyn wrote: »

There are many of us, like me, who don't want to use CC, for many different reasons. So the Packs, also the Kits, are bringing more styles, options and possibilities for us who enjoy playing the game without CC. I have bought all Kits except Bust the Dust and That "Incheon" -Kit :smile:

I have such bad memories of CC in Sims 3 that I have not downloaded a single piece of CC for Sims 4 and I won't do it. Period.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @Beardedgeek I couldn't use cc in sims 3 either. Jacked my game up.

I like kits. I hope they do one for steampunk wear, b/b and a kit for pj's and lingerie.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The kit releases are unbalanced. They've released 4 CAS kits and 4 B&B kits; yet, only 1 gameplay kit has been released. I hope the next three kits they release are gameplay kits.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The kit releases are unbalanced. They've released 4 CAS kits and 4 B&B kits; yet, only 1 gameplay kit has been released. I hope the next three kits they release are gameplay kits.

I was going to say the same thing unbalanced. what happened to gameplay kits :/
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• LadyAmayleeLadyAmaylee Posts: 24 Member
    What do you guys think of the new kit that is coming out? Modern Menswear. I do agree with the above messages that I would prefer to see more gameplay kits.
  • LadyAmayleeLadyAmaylee Posts: 24 Member
    @simgirl1010 thank you ♥
  • LiltpunkLiltpunk Posts: 5 New Member
    I have an issue with the knifty knitting pack, in sims 4. Im trying to start my own store which is another reason why I bought the knifty knitting, to create more stuff to put in my store. The problem is the only thing I can only sell in my store are the poufs and decorations. It will only allow me to sell those, Im frustrated because my sim has the marketable traitand she can't sell the clothes, rugs, plant holders etc. In store at all, which sucks because hand crafted items go for more. Yes I know about plopsy, I don't like it I wanted to use my marketable trait for my store.
    The last Kit Pack, the one about guy stuff. Is that any good, or is it just a waste of money?
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    TBH I feel that if they want to drop more occults into the game (without giving them as fleshed out as mermaids, spellcasters, and aliens all are)

I think that this is a good way to give Genies, Werewolves, Zombies, Angels, Demons, and Fairies to the game
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    The last Kit Pack, the one about guy stuff. Is that any good, or is it just a waste of money?
    That entirely depends whether you like the designs, and think you'll use them. Look at some pictures and you'll have your answer.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    My Fave Kits are:
    Oasis Courtyard <3
    Fashion Street <3
    Blooming Room <3

My Like Kits are:
    Country Kitchen :)
    Throwback Fit :)

My Meh Kits are:
    Incheon Fashion :|

I'll never by Kit is:
    Bust the Dust :s
  • Tabbykatm20Tabbykatm20 Posts: 52 Member
    SimGurus, while Kits have the potential platform to provide items that might not otherwise suit other types of packs, there is a lot of dissatisfaction towards them in the community. I recommend opening Kits up to community vote like Stuff Packs have been, so that the community of simmers can better gauge the restrictions and so that the developers can better gauge the expectations of the consumers.
    Simsvip has posted that two new Kit Packs are headed our way soon. I wonder what they are based on this time.