Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing off of an external hardrive

Bubblyboo2Bubblyboo2 Posts: 52 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi there! I am currently playing TS4 off of my older MacBook air but I am running out of storage and I am noticing that the sims is taking up a large chunk of it. I understand that the more packs I have the more storage it will use but I'm not looking to uninstall any of my packs. Is there any way that I can transfer the game onto an external hard drive that I plug in when I want to play the game and therefore clear my storage or is this not possible?

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Bubblyboo2 wrote: »
    Hi there! I am currently playing TS4 off of my older MacBook air but I am running out of storage and I am noticing that the sims is taking up a large chunk of it. I understand that the more packs I have the more storage it will use but I'm not looking to uninstall any of my packs. Is there any way that I can transfer the game onto an external hard drive that I plug in when I want to play the game and therefore clear my storage or is this not possible?

You could but you have to take in consideration what ports and how must data can be transferred back and forth also the age of your device can play into it as your device was made in an certain time where it may not be using up to date ports such as Thunderbolt, USB etc. I play Sims 4 and other games off my external drives and I am comfortable with it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen