Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are Spicy Mushrooms?

Am I missing something?

Spicy mushrooms are part of an errand I have. I can’t find info on them being seasonal. I see nightly mushroom mounds in Bramblewood, but no actual mushrooms to harvest, and none spicy. I can only find verdant mushrooms in the food stalls. This is after trying daily for several in-game weeks to find them.

Comments

• PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    If you sleep in a tent or on a bench in bramblewood overnight, strange mushrooms will spawn the next day which will give you a random mushroom when picked. This is where you get spicy mushrooms. There are usually strange mushrooms growing near the gazebo type feature near the ruins.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    @sepia if you don't want to spend a day or two waiting for them to spawn & be harvestable you can always buy them in build/buy if you have enough simoleons. As for nightly mushrooms, you can harvest those between 10pm & 4:30am during winter.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2021
    I've been spending a lot of time in Bramblewood with my Sims but I can't see even the mounds anywhere. Are they supposed to grow on some specific season? It's spring in my other save and fall in my other.
    The only time I saw the mushroom mounds was the first day when I played and went to the Bramblewood woods I think they were nightly mushrooms. The next time I visited there the mounds were gone, they had completely vanished and I've never seen them again. I've visited the place in the middle of the night as well and searched everywhere. There is no mushrooms or even the mounds anywhere.
    I've already given up with them, I don't want to waste my time looking for something that's either invisible or just doesn't exist. :/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I found a bunch of spicy mushrooms by starting in Cordelia's lot and just panning the camera around. They might have been in the ruins. I went during the day, in winter.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It takes quite some time before I see plants spawning anywhere in the world. I sent my main Sim to Bramblewood every day for a week, and never found anything to forage. I usually had her fish for a full day then return the following day and again spend the day fishing or chatting up the locals. I saw plenty of dirt mounds but no plants. I finally cheated a bit and bought one in B/B. I'd rather not do that, but desperate times means you do what you have to do to get things done. :)
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I was having trouble finding spicy mushrooms for days and then canceled the errand. :/
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @sepia if you don't want to spend a day or two waiting for them to spawn & be harvestable you can always buy them in build/buy if you have enough simoleons. As for nightly mushrooms, you can harvest those between 10pm & 4:30am during winter.

I tried to find them in outdoor activities and by searching “mushroom” in build. What should I type?

Kimmer wrote: »
    I've been spending a lot of time in Bramblewood with my Sims but I can't see even the mounds anywhere. Are they supposed to grow on some specific season? It's spring in my other save and fall in my other.
    The only time I saw the mushroom mounds was the first day when I played and went to the Bramblewood woods I think they were nightly mushrooms. The next time I visited there the mounds were gone, they had completely vanished and I've never seen them again. I've visited the place in the middle of the night as well and searched everywhere. There is no mushrooms or even the mounds anywhere.
    I've already given up with them, I don't want to waste my time looking for something that's either invisible or just doesn't exist. :/

I think the color palette of the world makes them too hard to see. There aren’t many things to harvest or dig there. I find a mound by a bench near the waterfall. I think there is another near the ruins by a gazebo. But I’ve never seen anything grow. It’s winter in my game.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sepia wrote: »
    Kimmer wrote: »

I think the color palette of the world makes them too hard to see. There aren’t many things to harvest or dig there. I find a mound by a bench near the waterfall. I think there is another near the ruins by a gazebo. But I’ve never seen anything grow. It’s winter in my game.
    I think I saw the one near the ruins but the mound was gone the next time I went to see it and there's nothing now. I think it needs to be a winter, maybe, until they grow, but I'd expect to see at least the mounds. I'll go see the one near the waterfall if I can find it when I play today.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I got a few of them for completing errands (I planted them and now they grow in my Sims' garden). They are red with white spots, kind of like fly agarics in real life.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I got more last night. They were the nightly mushrooms this time. Maybe I should upload them as a room to the gallery?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited August 2021
    One of my Sims has a spicy mushroom in personal inventory. Actually two. Where it came from? I honestly have no idea. Possibly as a gift during a "festival" in Henford.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I suppose most of the people having problems with finding harvestables do have Seasons installed.
    You do have to take into account that harvestables aren't always in Season.
    The spicy mushroom for instance is in Season in Summer and in Winter an can be randomly harvested from the random mushroom harvest slots during these Seasons.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @83bienchen Yes. So grow them either indoors or in a 'sheltered' outdoors.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I found a spicy mushroom in the Bramblewood last night. I have seasons and it is summer in my game. I was following the path up to Cordelia's secret cottage. There is a bench near the waterfall and there were a bunch of mushrooms there.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Keep doing other errands while you’re looking. I got spicy mushrooms as a reward for an errand.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,457 Member

I can purchase them? Are they under debug or just in the regular build/buy mode? Now, I'm intrigued. It's winter in my current game, and John can't find them near the bench. I had no idea they spawned randomly. He plucked the ones from the ground near said bench, but they changed to a different type of mushroom, once in his Inventory. He went back, but I began to think I had to start a new game save, since he wasn't finding anything growing near the bench after that. face/palm. Oh, well, next time I'll know. Thanks for the hint about buying them. The Mayor's Errand the higher payout one, was actually easier to achieve. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    My problem is that it’s winter, but none of the mushroom mounds have any mushrooms at all. I checked the one by the waterfall. I never see them sold at the stall. I will probably have to get it as a reward.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sepia wrote: »
    My problem is that it’s winter, but none of the mushroom mounds have any mushrooms at all. I checked the one by the waterfall. I never see them sold at the stall. I will probably have to get it as a reward.

You need to be in Volpe park between 5 & 6 a.m. 10-11 p.m. game time because the plants mushrooms spawn at either 5 or 6 around 11 p.m. But if you’re not there at or before the time they spawn you have to try the next day.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member

I can purchase them? Are they under debug or just in the regular build/buy mode? Now, I'm intrigued. It's winter in my current game, and John can't find them near the bench. I had no idea they spawned randomly. He plucked the ones from the ground near said bench, but they changed to a different type of mushroom, once in his Inventory. He went back, but I began to think I had to start a new game save, since he wasn't finding anything growing near the bench after that. face/palm. Oh, well, next time I'll know. Thanks for the hint about buying them. The Mayor's Errand the higher payout one, was actually easier to achieve. LOL

As far as I've seen, they can be purchased from the Garden stall in town. I think I also got them from Favours from other villagers, or rewards from doing Errands. I'm not sure, I don't always check my inventory, because I might be busy looking for other sims to do errands for etc. You can of course get them from buydebug too. Im using Tmex's BetterBuildBuy. Debug is only a drop-down menu click away, the items are sorted according to category (you can also search by name), and finding spesific items is a breeze. It also expands the catalogue, so you get 4 rows of items instead of 2, makes it easier to find things. Next to MCCC, its the mod I got first when I set up my new computer recently :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I found spicy mushrooms in the ruins at 11pm in winter.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited August 2021
    some easiest ways is when there is those " strange mushrooms" around bramblewood

picking those you will get random types and spicy ones are quite common

you can also get them as gift from rabbits or birds sometimes or through village errands you also get random mushrooms at times

almost sure some fair had mushroom prize too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited August 2021
    yes got it
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,457 Member
    edited August 2021
    In my Main Save, I placed two of the brothers and their new wives in HoB. Working from screen left, you have the vacant 40 X 50 lot, the same size lot next to it and another lot. I replaced the fourth one from screen left with a lot I built myself. There on the front lawn was a spicy mushroom. My Sim could only eat it, however. And of course, it's not the game save that required it as an Errand. But, I may have to send said Sim to that location …

@Kathykins if the Errand is for that Food Stall, what is a Sim do do?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • lazarusinasheslazarusinashes Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Sepia said:
    > I tried to find them in outdoor activities and by searching “mushroom” in build. What should I type?

I've found an easy way to do it if they just aren't showing up.

Open the cheats console (CRTL+Shift+C on PC). Type bb.showhiddenobjects. Search spicy mushroom.

Once you do that, you'll be able to buy them from Build/Buy.