Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of your personal life do you want your Sims to experience?

13...Next

Comments

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    other (please explain...)
    Couple dancing in any genre: hiphop, contemporary, bachata, ballroom etc. I wouldn't mind Ts2's couple dance too.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Height sliders would be neat, though I guess it'd make life harder for people making custom content. Or the programmers who have to rework how every interaction between sims happens because they need to figure out how to make faces line up for a kiss.

Definitely don't need more extreme weather. Even now the changes I'd make aren't to make weather more extreme, but to make it more bearable. Make the reaction to thunderstorms be an uncomfortable moodlet instead of the default being everyone terrified of the sky water. Assign warmth ratings to clothing so that rather than having to change into whatever is determined to be a "hot weather" or "cold weather" outfit, sims will heat up or cool down based on what they're wearing--right now I can have a sim who just sleeps in his boxers, but if he wakes up and it's too hot, he'll start to overheat until I change him into his hot weather outfit, which means he puts on pants and a shirt and somehow cools down as a result.

The thing I'd really like, though, is nonreciprocal relationships and an attraction system.
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    I’d like to see health conditions added to the game, with some Sims needing to use wheelchairs, walking sticks or for example becoming blind so they cannot read but instead prefer to listen to the radio. Maybe it’s too sensitive a subject for a light hearted, comedic game but I think it would add more depth and diversity.

I looked up the recommended age for this game and it's 13 years old but, you KNOW there are younger players than that. If kids are going to learn things from a game, like woo-hoo and alternative lifestyles, then they need to be exposed to ALL the types of people that might be considered "different" than what society considers to be "normal". Those quoted words are strictly a matter of some people's perspective, not mine, as I certainly fall into the "different" category.

If this game wants to be a TRUE life simulator then, it needs to stop being like prime-time television and include ALL aspects of life. Otherwise, technically, they're discriminating and creating a false reality of society for future generations. Put it all in or take it all out!
    (Maybe I should have posted this in the Unpopular Opinions thread)
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • BastetBastet Posts: 56 Member
    extreme weather and natural disasters and man-made disasters
    I'd like some negativity in my gameplay please <3
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control
    I chose this because I think it would be nice to be able to open windows in addition it'd be nice to have screen walls for screened porches.

But I also like 5he Height Sliders and Gradual Aging options as well.

WbUrFQm.png
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    bilingualism and multilingualism, with varying degrees of proficiency based on geographic location, and translators + interpreters
    @Justa_G00f I think that there is a limit to what the audience will tolerate. For example, I once heard on Sims News YouTube channel(s) that there was a modder that created some kind of child-romance-and-sexuality mod, and it basically made adults to do sexual things with children. Even the little bug that EA/Maxis had in the game was triggering for some people, because it essentially allowed adults to develop romantic feelings for their toddler children.

From what I heard in a documentary, some romantic feelings are really not meant to be expressed, and virtuous people are those who can suppress them instead of act on them and commit crimes.
    bilingualism and multilingualism, with varying degrees of proficiency based on geographic location, and translators + interpreters
    @JestTru
    it'd be nice to have screen walls for screened porches

From what I do know of The Sims 2, this is actually possible in The Sims 2 because of the way Sims 2 foundations work. Sims 2 and Sims 3 foundations work the same way, but I actually like the Sims 2 version because you can actually make deck-foundation-porch thingy. The clothing boutique in Pleasantview is an example of this. Plus, you can see inside it, making it so much more realistic than the Sims 3 version. The Sims 4 apparently doesn't allow this feature altogether.
    @waterywatermelon I understand what you're saying but wasn't talking about that kind of thing. I don't think we'll ever keep people from modding games, including the sick ones. I'm just saying there could be more realities to the game, to include a wider demographic, without making it dark. Also, letting the player select which aspects of reality are enabled would avoid people being "force feed" content.
    Bastet wrote: »
    I'd like some negativity in my gameplay please <3

I'm not sure what you meant by that or if it was in relation to my post before it. I don't believe including handicapped people in a game to be negative in any way. I DO consider shunning any struggling demographic while promoting others to be VERY toxic to society. It'll be nice when humanity gets past the hypocrisy of convenient equality.
    It might "just be a game" but games form opinions, like anything else you experience in life.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • d0ll_v0m1td0ll_v0m1t Posts: 23 Member
    i chose other bc i personally want to see things like mental illness and addiction in the sims4, i know your sims can get addicted to grilled cheese but that doesnt count. as a person who has to face a horrible sh addiction i think they should add tatoos that are like scars and add things like antidepressants to be perscribed to sims.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't really want any of that. I don't play a sim version of me because I like to play Better and More Interesting Than My Life! kind of game.

I'm with the others saying I'd rather have more musical instruments, singing, bands and the ability to play music together and have concerts.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I want to be able to create sims of different heights; whether it's being able to have a sim who's a pro athlete who's tall enough to play center in the NBA (why not 7'4"/225cm, like Indiana Pacers legend Rik "The Dunking Dutchman" Smits?) or having more ability to create "girl of my dreams" type women (I have always had a serious soft spot for short women, like 5'2"/155cm or so give or take 2"/5cm, in my personal life)...I get that clothing meshes are a pain in the rear to scale to different heights, but it'd sure be nice.

Along the same lines, I'd like to model a family like the one I was born into, where my dad's side are basically dwarves and my mom's from a race of frost giants. I'm 180cm/5'11" and I'm shorter than all my male cousins on my mom's side. I'd be the shortest guy on that whole side of the family if I weren't taller than my brother!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I would also like them to experience despair and proper enmity. I would like Sims to react more honestly to negative situations and not "hug it out" and go on with their smiley day. Essentially, a little more grit to the game, even if it's exaggerated and humorous. I'm tired of "optimistic". Consistent optimism in my video game is kind of boring.
    #Team Occult
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Bands. Period. Music is life. We're long overdue for some respect for the music lovers.

And a hard " Oh, gods! Please, no!" on the things OP put in their survey. I especially don't want height sliders. I'm glad and a bit envious that my simself gets to be normal sized and not a 5'10 giant like me. Us tall chicks may be cool, but the tiny, mean chicks bully us and it makes me cry. I don't want my simself to have to deal with the mean girls too. :lol:
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Not my personal life but I don't get personal with video games. This would be totally AWESOME. And a much needed break from the happy whimsical vibes imo.
    The other options are focusing way too much on trying to make the sims replicate everyday boring real life "imo."
    But a height slider would be nice

I'm with you on this. To me I play the game as an escape from reality. An autonomous "dollhouse" fantasy silly yet cool Sim world. So none of my real life crap that I dealt with all day, all week, all month, all year...

How about a game where you have to spend hours and hours trying to sim-de-clog and repair a toilet, riiiight....

Hmm.... Maybe a Sims4 "Mr. Toilet" pack would be fun?

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    Most of these have to deal with dying, which I try not to dwell on with my Sims. Personally, I'm planning my wedding, so I would like more wedding gameplay, more in-depth aspirations that show the layers life goals. For example, in the Sims 3, if you wanted to be a writer, you would aspire to be a best-selling author, but then you could go more in-depth by becoming a poet or a romance writer. I miss that. It made my sims more diverse and unique.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    After playing the game Last Day of June, I realized how important it is to represent what it is like having to use crutches and a wheelchair to get around. So I would like physical disabilities represented in the Sims because it is something I have had to deal with. I would also like religion to be represented in the game because I am very religious. But I would like it to be designed more of a custom tool like clubs to have activities like praying and reading and singing and gatherings and sharing a positive message with others that Sims have free will with. Then Sims could either worship a Simmer as their god or an object like a gnome or any animal or natural being of their choice. My grandmother was very unique teaching about Egyptian and Roman history and beliefs and explored every single church out there, so I grew up learning a lot about history thanks to her so it would be neat to have a historical pack traveling to the past of different times even prehistoric. I took a lot of natural history and marine classes in school and safety town teaching about driving as a kid, so I would like a more in-depth active school system to round out Sims education more for little ones like I had. I wouldn't mind having service dogs in the game either like my sweet one in my avatar. I would also love to have neurodiversity in the game too since my nephew has autism and I love him a lot and have helped raise him. ADD also runs in my family including my brother, so why it is also important. Before my accident I was able to play more sports, so it is very important for group sports to be in the game for me too since it is something I enjoy to do with my friends such as I like to play tennis and beach volleyball and softball and racquetball and water sports.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I really used to enjoy climbing trees in my early teens. Dozing on the edge of a pine branch in summer, 15 metres above the ground, swaying like a hammock... aah. Good times.

Tree climbing.
    A height slider would be nice too.
    I see so many suggestions and also people that disagree with those suggestions.
    -Solution: Offer all these things in the game and a menu to turn these features on and off. I can't think of a more logical way to make everyone happy.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    opening and closing the window for fresh air and temperature control
    This one. I also want the windows to be more interactive. Like, Sims can stare outside the window to think or something.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Weather. It was better displayed in Sims 3. Why not in 4?
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Natural disasters, with a component like Sims having to choose between evacuating or staying, having a preparedness kit and plan ready, etc, and positive or negative outcomes based on how Sims respond.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Natural disasters, with a component like Sims having to choose between evacuating or staying, having a preparedness kit and plan ready, etc, and positive or negative outcomes based on how Sims respond.

- zombie apocalypse scenario
    - zombie preparedness kit
    - escape plan
    - real zombies
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    None of the above. This is a game and Sims are not real people.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    mental illness and therapy, doesnt have to be as serious as irl, could be made up illnesses like the physical illnesses are and then being able to got to therapy as well as playing as a therapist.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat