Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

@TARDISgrade @GirafHuntr
    I agree. Vampires has never been a 'thing' for me. Though in Sims 4, is actually kinda cool.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    They could have picked a better trait for cottage living instead of lactose intolerant

Lot's of people are in agreement with that, like vegetarian, lactose intolerant? Those aren't personality traits, they're lifestyle choices, they really should have been added or reworked into likes and dislikes.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    They could have picked a better trait for cottage living instead of lactose intolerant

Lot's of people are in agreement with that, like vegetarian, lactose intolerant? Those aren't personality traits, they're lifestyle choices, they really should have been added or reworked into likes and dislikes.

Well, that's false. Being lactose intolerant isn't a lifestyle choice, it's unlike vegetarian or vegan. Either you tolerate dairy products or not and if not, you will have a very uncomfortable time after eating dairy-heavy products. Fact is, the majority of the worldwide humans are lactose intolerant, lactose persistence is more usual in the north than in the south.

The vegetarian trait is just exaggerated how it works.
  • Gonnawin1111Gonnawin1111 Posts: 495 Member
    > @Daravi said:
    > Well, that's false. Being lactose intolerant isn't a lifestyle choice, it's unlike vegetarian or vegan. Either you tolerate dairy products or not and if not, you will have a very uncomfortable time after eating dairy-heavy products. Fact is, the majority of the worldwide humans are lactose intolerant, lactose persistence is more usual in the north than in the south.
    >
    > The vegetarian trait is just exaggerated how it works.

That is true, but coming from someone who is vegetarian and WAS lactose intolerant, i feel like having one of my traits being vegetarian is a bit.. weird. Like if someone came up to me and is like "who are you as a person", I'm sure I wouldn't say "I'm vegetarian" as one of those, just like how I don't think someone who is lactose intolerant would bring up that they are lactose intolerant in a random conversation about who they are. But I do understand your point of view :)
    heyyyy i'm v ツ I'm Gonnawin1111 on the gallery too. My bestie is hymnhehim/hymnofheroes/milo ツ I love using smileys like : ) but on the forums they become :)
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    > @Daravi said:
    > Well, that's false. Being lactose intolerant isn't a lifestyle choice, it's unlike vegetarian or vegan. Either you tolerate dairy products or not and if not, you will have a very uncomfortable time after eating dairy-heavy products. Fact is, the majority of the worldwide humans are lactose intolerant, lactose persistence is more usual in the north than in the south.
    >

That is true, but coming from someone who is vegetarian and WAS lactose intolerant, i feel like having one of my traits being vegetarian is a bit.. weird. Like if someone came up to me and is like "who are you as a person", I'm sure I wouldn't say "I'm vegetarian" as one of those, just like how I don't think someone who is lactose intolerant would bring up that they are lactose intolerant in a random conversation about who they are. But I do understand your point of view :)

Mind, I get funny looks when I tell folk I am a genius :grin:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited July 2021

Mind, I get funny looks when I tell folk I am a genius :grin:

I get funny looks when ................
    ever.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited July 2021
    > @Daravi said:
    >

That's true, you bring it up when the topic comes to the nutrition/meals, but it still defines you, it's a part of you. Just think of the reaction when some teIls you that he/she is a vegan. Many answer, that they can't live without meat. :D

I'm lactose intolerant and I wish I wasn't, that's why I don't see this as a lifestyle. My country has a lot of delicious dairy-heavy meals with those I grew up and I can't eat them anymore without a lactase supplement, which I'm luckely able to buy here. In many products the producers add milk, because it's cheap. When I was 14 years old, the doctor told that I should avoid dairy products. Over the years, living in completely different countries, I forgot to avoid theses dairy products (like chocolate ice on a hot day), because it was something familiar from home, but I had every single day stomache ache and over the years I've developed a migraine, both pains stopped the day after when I remembered the lactose intolerance and change the diet immediately back again.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I really don't miss the create a world tool in TS3.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I hate and despise vampires and anything vampire-related. (...)

I recommend you watch What We Do in the Shadows (I am partial to the tv show and have not seen the movie.) It makes a ridiculous mockery of vampires and is utterly hilarious. It is totally calling out all the stuff you just said about vampires and makes these underdog vampires far more likeable.

@GirafHuntr thanks, I'll look it up :smiley:
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Unpopular opinion?

I play with full autonomy ON. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion?

Same, I wouldn't like having to command my sims for everything they do.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Unpopular opinion?

Me too, I like seeing what the little buggers get up to if I’m not looking.

My unpopular opinion: I don’t give a fig that we didn’t get horses 🐴 , pigs 🐷 , or sheep 🐑. I also don’t care that we can’t sit on the ground to picnic 🧺. I have been to lots of picnics and barbecues and I don’t remember anyone not using a picnic table.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Unpopular opinion?

Definitely me too! I find a lot of the fun is letting them show me who they are. I randomize almost everything too as they age - traits, and most of the time aspirations too unless there's something obviously shaping up for a particular Sim. And I play with mods for chemistry and attraction. The less control I have over who they are and what they want, the more fun I have. I like to be a benevolent god who helps them find their hearts' desires, and the unexpected turns are always the most interesting.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • mariachigothmariachigoth Posts: 1 New Member
    We should be able to download custom content off of the gallery. I’m not sure if this is unpopular but I know there’s a common sentiment of ‘That’s good because then i can’t download bad CC’ but, as someone who only posts to the gallery as backups and recently lost ALL of my cc, it’d be so convenient.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    We should be able to download custom content off of the gallery. I’m not sure if this is unpopular but I know there’s a common sentiment of ‘That’s good because then i can’t download bad CC’ but, as someone who only posts to the gallery as backups and recently lost ALL of my cc, it’d be so convenient.

I agree! It would definitely be better than the countless "WCIF THAT HAIR" and "WHERE'D YOU GET HER MAKEUP??"
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    I love that the game generates random townies, and unless they're for specific households that I need in-game (to interact with) for story purposes, using Sims I made as townies feels weird and contrived (which sucks the fun out of meeting them). I instead usually love getting to know, romancing, marrying, and integrating random townies because it feels more spontaneous and serendipitous.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member

Be careful what you wish for. *3 patches later* "Why do my sims have no eyes?" "Why are my counters floating?" "Why do all my beds have question marks all over them?" "What is with this evil doll?"

Yeah, while Maxis never seems to learn too many lessons, they learned that one from the Sims 3 very well.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited August 2021
    Doing the roofs is my favorite task when building.
    My least favorite part would be bedrooms.
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    Oprah is a shape shifter.

What? Why did you post this. This is irrelevant to the discussion and the forum

Sorry. I was having an off morning and was trying to be funny.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

oh okay. im not mad, just was confused.

oh okay. im not mad, just was confused.

Yeah, I tend to have that effect on people without even trying. My apologies.

My unpopular opinion : Facial features in CAS seem somewhat limited. Not sure how I'd fix that, though.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't get why Get Together gets hailed as one of the "best packs" because of the club system. Like sure it's useful, but it's a very small feature and it could very easily have just been in the base game in my opinion. The actual pack is probably one of the most lacking in the game, the world is one of the better ones but other than that there's literally nothing there it's just things that could've been base game.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited August 2021
    I wish it were easier to create Sims with big noses and big nostrils. I always struggle.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What's so good about canning?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top