Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Henford's Bagels (screenshot thread - feel free to post!)

2...Next

Comments

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    @MonaSolstraale the hens automatically flock towards the cow? That's so neat! I didn't know that 😁
    @SoulGal7 looks like they went all-out with the fireworks 😂 Let us know if the kid's born with special traits! I'm very curious.
    @PalmArrow Ouch, leave it to Agnes to hate even New Year cheer. I wonder what would happen if you throw a new year's party and invite her. Would she sing with you?

She showed up in my game the other day, too.
    U21hYnd.jpg

Off by herself, cross-stitching, ignoring the world around her - or so I thought. Agnes hadn't spoken a word to my sim so far and she was on the other side of the square, so I figured I was safe and sent my sim to flirt with her crush, Kim the Grocery lady.

aBzcY7A.jpg
    13Dvqmv.jpg

Turns our Ms. Crumplebottom is very perceptive when she wants to be.

975wEBP.jpg
    agmPOtY.jpg

My sim tried to make awkward smalltalk but Agnes wasn't having any of it. She saw inappropriate behaviour and by Plumbob, she was going to correct it if she had to beat it out of her. 😶

lyPMkk4.jpg
    f8T0SGE.jpg

Which is exactly what happened.

SXh7MEC.jpg

She moved to the flower stand after that, but kept glaring at poor Chloe until she anger-stared her out of the square.

OkZi890.jpg

"Stupid fish. Stupid Crumplebottom. Stupid brick-filled weaponised purse. I'll show her."

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    edited July 2021
    @_sims_Yimi , that's awesome (and at the same time, your poor sim!) I haven't seen Agnes actually hit anyone yet.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    I am always into the scenery and sunsets, sunrises in a game. Here is a screenshot taken in the Bramblewoods Isle of Volpe Park at sunset. It's spring in my game. So beautiful.

the-bramblewoods-sunset.png
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Lk5zUWWh.png
    Sunrise in the animal fold - What a wonderful morning!
    ArpVibll.png
    🐸🐸🐸🐸-a-doodle-doo!!
    (What a wonderful morning!)

6CbObxal.png
    Moo!
    (What a deafening noise you can make)

d5U2Bttl.png
    (Leave me alone)

DOnIz1Kl.png
    🐸🐸🐸🐸-a-doodle-doo!!
    (Good morning cow, did you sleep well?)

3xxDUs6l.png
    MOO! :angry:
    (Get lost!)

tm1Bh5Pl.png
    Bock bock ... bock!
    (I see you've made friends other than me ... I'm leaving)

Ih7pYUNl.png
    "Good morning cow, Did you sleep well?"

Moo! :)

I love the cow <3:joy:
    edited July 2021
    NB: Apparently roosters are a very naughty animal in the English-speaking countries :flushed::joy:
    The first day of spring was so beautiful and crisp.

5LFJZma.png

More scenery shots under spoiler cut:
    VNULbNz.png

ESUtQcj.png

VipjjKO.png

AFmVJUW.png

• _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,751 Member
    @MonaSolstraale bwahaha that's hilarious 😂 the cow is so cute! There's no bulls in the game, are there? I wonder if we're able to have baby cows.

@PalmArrow Spring Henford looks gorgeous! So far it's really going with seasons well. I made it to Winter in my game and a snow-covered Henford is absolutely lovely.

Speaking of changing seasons...
    KVd3aeM.jpg

I made it to Autumn in my game yesterday! I'm playing a Stawdew-Valley start-from-nothing type of challenge (with a mod where you can make more furniture at the woodworking bench) and she finished basic household items just in time before the cold set in. So far Henford-on-Bagley goes together with seasons really, really well.

f7M2vOz.jpg

My sims befriended a bunny called Sherlock, and he gave me a midnight treat! 😶 I fed it to Charles the chicken. This was the result.

UlSZbg5.jpg
    Ha6WEkw.jpg

Charles then proceeded to scare the everliving heck out of a fox that came to eat one of the other chickens. I don't think we'll be seeing that one again. Good boy, Charles! Now please don't set my very very wooden house on fire.

YrZkxnr.jpg
    C83U1PD.jpg

It started snowing! My sim likes to paint, so I had her paint the ruins from reference. Fun fact - if your chickens like you, and you haven't fenced them in, they might just follow you through the neighbourhood.

qDtmQQa.jpg

Chloe still pines over the grocery store lady.

mAYIFaf.jpg
    rT4I19k.jpg

Nawww, looks like the feeling is mutual! And no Agnes in sight! Yesss! 😁

Side note - none of the official villages seem to live in the houses. They're all in "not in world". I've tested it out to see what happens if you place them in the world. So far, it seems to have gone well! The mayor and grocery lady both live in Henford now, and still have their "jobs". I think it's only when you start playing them yourself or add them to your own household that they lose their titles and become regular sims. They're not static either. They still have their own lives - the mayor became pregnant after I moved her into a home!

QuZKsX3.jpg

There's a very cute elderly couple living in the cottage next to Chloe's called Derek and Ian. They are the most adorable thing ever and I love them. 😍

joiZAzI.jpg

A blizzard raged through on the last day of Autumn, and while my sim was stuck inside, another fox decided to try its luck! (foxes and chickens move normally during a snowstorm while your sims are stuck struggling against the wind and cold. It looks a bit weird.) He didn't get far though - Charles almost immediately set his tail on fire. And then he did the same thing with the fox on the left. Much amusement was had on my side. 🤣

J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi , I didn't know chickens could follow your sim outside the lot. That's so adorable!
    iOlQNn9h.png

psiTHDih.png

A spooky night on the farm

A suspicious visit...
    Zb0btKOl.png
    Oh no! 👀

rdk6M7rl.png
    Moo! (Finally you get up, my stall stinks)

ZXwJg3Il.png
    Moo? (Who's that creepy guy?)

YJ7KzLol.png
    "Don't worry, you are a young and healthy cow"

hHojc39l.png
    Moo? (What is he waiting for?)

uPVhRJgl.png
    "I think the weather will be better today"

RMYv2TKl.png
    Moo (You're a dreamer ... I'm going to bed again)
    @MonaSolstraale , that's awesome and scary! Why was Grim there?
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    @MonaSolstraale , that's awesome and scary! Why was Grim there?

He stood there for a long time and I did not understand what he was waiting for.
    The answer will follow shortly :)
    ncWG0NGh.png
    What a wonderful morning - second act
    A few hours earlier...

xKLzLRml.png
    Kykkeliky! (What a wonderful morning!)
    It is Danish and free for translation - It is not naughty :D

sOxSQmrl.png
    He's still here :/

Ipbwrkql.png
    Bock, bock (Good morning sir, What a lovely morning)

axXYpj7l.png
    Bock? (can I help you with something?)

oHEOcwQl.png
    Grim: "Let me just check my notes"....

kJagypIl.png
    "yep! You're the guy I'm going to get"

Booock :cry:

Crtd35El.png
    Moo? (Something noisy is missing here)

3FuEkfNl.png
    Moo .... moo! (Hi dreamer guy! I think you're right.... everything got better today!) :sunglasses:

Life goes on
    6SD53Wkl.png

7Z2yBnYl.png
    "Welcome to the family"
    @MonaSolstraale , :'( This made me sad, but I love the way you told the story!

I'm too chicken (hah!) to risk animal deaths so I turned off aging in my game. But I just realised today, reading another thread, that this means that my baby chicks will never grow up. I will have to turn aging back on, at least for a while.

My sim harvested her first oversize crops, and for the first time was around when a baby chick hatched:
    ydfdcVL.png

qkM5QL4.png
    More giant vegetables grown, and bunny befriended!

LqTd3Dn.png

FuQhvBf.png
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I love how blissed-out cows look when you clean them. Their eyes close and they’re just mooing like it’s the best thing ever. I do have a screenshot but I’m on my iPad whilst playing so I don’t have access to it right now.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,959 Member
    I haven’t yet had a family own a llama, although my Sim who lives in Henford-on-Bagley did get some llama wool as a present from one of the wild rabbits she has. I think I’ll have her and her family move to a bigger lot so I can have two sheds, one for a cow and one for a llama.

Also… the other day in-game, I had a Sim visiting my lot who casually helped himself to some of my family’s plants, as in harvested them for himself!! The utter cheek!!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited August 2021
    I love how blissed-out cows look when you clean them. Their eyes close and they’re just mooing like it’s the best thing ever. I do have a screenshot but I’m on my iPad whilst playing so I don’t have access to it right now.
    I haven’t yet had a family own a llama, although my Sim who lives in Henford-on-Bagley did get some llama wool as a present from one of the wild rabbits she has. I think I’ll have her and her family move to a bigger lot so I can have two sheds, one for a cow and one for a llama....

My llama feels how your cow did. :grimace: (reposting image from my previous images)
    cottage-living-2.jpg?w=700
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)