Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• Baby_Wolf_16Baby_Wolf_16 Posts: 1 New Member
    what do u do on this site
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    what do u do on this site
    Hello, and Welcome to the Sims Forum. On this particular thread, we celebrate the anniversary of The Sims franchise, and post about some of the fond memories of some the things that we did in past Sims games. In other threads on here, we talk about things that are Sims related, and try to help each other out when one of us encounters a problem with the game.
  • simsologistsimsologist Posts: 23 New Member
    i was born the same year the sims was born and weve been besties since birth
  • EmerySnickettEmerySnickett Posts: 42 Member
    I remember Playing the sims Castaways on the DS and just, absolutely living for it. I miss that game sometimes
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I remember Playing the sims Castaways on the DS and just, absolutely living for it. I miss that game sometimes
    So do I
  • Tumelonc123Tumelonc123 Posts: 2,216 Member
    I have very fond memories of playing The Sims Bustin' Out and The Urbz: Sims in the City on Gameboy Advance...Wonderful times <3<3<3
  • E1ethE1eth Posts: 82 Member
    Hi all! I'm E1eth (a Twitch streamer and forum newbie) and my memory is from the first time I was introduced to the sims by a friend I remember building this humongous house and for some reason I was obsessed with the hideous blotchy magenta wallpaper/paint lol. XD Although my design tastes have changed since then, my love for Sims hasn't! :)
    ⮕MY DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GALLERY⬅
    e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm Bebe (or BB, if easier - it literally sounds the same)
    Been playing since 02, and when my baby sister was old enough, I taught her how to play - 20 years later, we still play side by side when we can (this happened literally this weekend)
    anyway a lot of my memories are around opening new games with her, like Pets, which was basically the best ever, besides Nightlife
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡
  • BerryCHUBerryCHU Posts: 18 Member
    I wish I could experience the previous works like others, but the beginning of my life was Sims 4. I didn't know it had such a long history. That's amazing. :o
    02C1fKDh3FSs69MzLh-eZXViv8bj8q9kBZJPIX1zko3f5gpvg24gINbr-TIjGP2xvGTChuEwU6xbXzGppd6df9MHVLzji5UkiZ9aD35m5OTsRhx9n1GsQvp3-tHaWyeXoYmgC-WNUtDUvZj6S_lmAsi3Hyi_AwPDwQPqwHnAtRLre-Y7uA80S9Orz6nxPMPN5fET4iWyqrVrwUhrVdE_Y9sHc4dnf70q9oAO5PAHeakvKQBrqNiB-TVlpEm1f2jOaf_LajJtGklkQq0stVEu7Mbt89RbF4BeO0MRUGa22Tl-fIi05PuO06hugFeatDVcFWF4foUCiMB7gqvFTrXypNY-qFxRsan6iXaJtiy2UK7KGgdt6tIfWIkxC8TXF83twI6C8Em-RfMqKby-I2RgaawZUvCBdCt_pHYmGcLgnzXkl6CKt6ozHcyhlej8277MOevjGJbkZca6rcH3vfo4Bd7i5JjE67RGUum0oa6_2f7Mja-Luf0nZCQCVVPgtbLmyOcuBMsD-ymVcjQdRmHdG4RLOSd-2xO9kSVQpQfDaBZn47EfIxOa2Saqlf8_Ay6fEtkfsWNrG21W8HUkQd8C4LWPsGSXeADiuDyAQ15wC827nZvb0wqaZdcSQQcwgjfIjuX5S1q_2pN5WAAtK_mGwyCqdzkp9MivL7Stypc0r4rvV6nWTdYsp9IE2Us6OxgC0giNRWiemKSMiyKVApcYSYs=w545-h260-no?authuser=0
    Origin ID: cw5252
    My Blog: https://blog.naver.com/c_walker
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Been playing since Sims1, day 1. Learned about it while researching a college economics paper. Great game, favourite version is still TS2.
  • ApostolosJenApostolosJen Posts: 35 Member
    I remember when I was younger, I was in a women only shelter and a woman had a laptop playing (what I think it was at the time) Sims 1. It looked very interesting and I was asking her tons of questions. I never played Sims 1 but I did enjoy watching her play everyday. Now, today, I am on my laptop playing Sims 4. how bout that?!
  • CoraRoseCoraRose Posts: 16 Member
    When my daughter was young she wanted to play the sims 3. She enjoyed it. She was in elementary school. I always thought it looked boring so didn’t play. Well the years went on. My daughter started hating games in high school. She became too active in her life. Wanted to go out do things. Now in college. Well, about some years ago I saw the sims 4 advertised. I loved the look of it. Thought I’ll try it on a whim. That was that. Been playing ever since.
  • ShadowedLove97ShadowedLove97 Posts: 14 New Member
    Sims 4 was the first Sims game I ever played, but when I was a kid we had a copy of Simcity somewhere in our house (I could never find the DVD) and Roller Coaster Tycoon (which I could never figure out how to play). I'm planning to move closer to my nieces soon and one of them is 5, so I would love to introduce her to Sims 4. I think she'd have a lot of fun.
  • patrickcreatespatrickcreates Posts: 38 Member
    I remember begging my mom to buy The Sims 1 for me when I was a kid... she had no idea what it was, nor did she understand the appeal once I started playing. I've loved all mainline Sims games, but the first really holds a special place in my heart. As a queer little boy, I was never able to have a dollhouse or play with dolls. Sims filled that gap for me and then some. <3 I still listen to the soundtrack to this day. It so cool to read everyone else's memories with this game.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly speed builds and commentary on The Sims 4 :blush:
    YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/PatrickFilms
    Sims Twitter: https://bit.ly/PatrickTweets
  • ShanaSPutnamShanaSPutnam Posts: 13 New Member
    I always loved Sims from the time Sims 1 came out. I have owned all of them up until parts of Sims 4. I didn't play for a long time as my son was growing up some because he has autism and I was always busy. I got back into it lately and I am buying up expansions etc as I can. I love CC and want to learn to make my own content and poses etc. soon.
  • ThePetSimThePetSim Posts: 7 New Member
    Woooo
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I first played sims1 the year it came out, was introduced to it by some neighbors. Got sims2 when it came out and enjoyed that when and as I could but didn't get expansion packs or go deeply into it, didn't have the time like I did with Sims1, to play obsessively for hours and whole weekends.

Was given sims3 as a gift, but skipped the tutorial thinking I didn't need it, and never really knew how to play so it was frustrating, plus I didn't have much time. Again, never got expansion packs.

Got sims4 after seeing someone else play, and played that obsessively for a while. It was missing something, seemed very shallow, not much in the way of excitement, and everything felt built around just clothes and useless decor rather than gameplay. That has improved a bit since, but it's still the least like simming of them all. Too easy, no real thrills or chills. Good for building and decorating virtual dollhouses, not so good if you want that old simming thrill of things being at least a little unpredictable and funny or sometimes spooky.

Before the EA app, I rotated between sims4, sims3, and sims2. Now, I rotate between two PCs, one strictly offline and never updated using Origin so my sims3 is just as it was, and one online with the ea app. That's getting better for sims3 but still a pain, and works fine with sims4. Sims2 is on the offline pc only as it's another legacy game and has started crashing or corrupting or something. Too bad, because when it works well, it's perhaps the best of the series.

I wish I could play sims1 again. It was shallow compared to sims2 etc but something about the perpetual springtime, the whistling paperboy, the daytime TV show sounds, Bob Newbie watching cartoons and eating pizza in his stained t-shirt, Bella Goth sighing in bliss as she sinks onto a much-needed bubble bath...and of course the unforgettable music.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • little1133little1133 Posts: 21 New Member
    this thread should now be for celebrating infants
  • GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    > @little1133 said:
    > this thread should now be for celebrating infants

please no those lil spawns of satan ruin my life
  • zenrensimmerzenrensimmer Posts: 27 Member
    Infants are so hard to please lol
  • SanguinessSanguiness Posts: 15 Member
    I have the upmost respect for the older sim franchise. Those games were truly revolutionary and I can't imagine a life without them. Thanks to them for providing me many entertaining days and nights and being one of the only outlets that I could truly unleash my creativity
  • leebraryleebrary Posts: 22 Member
    I think one of my fave memories was when I was little my dad rented a room in the house to college people. A couple moved in at some point and decided they wanted to play the sims after seeing me play. Turns out what their play style was whenever they fought in real life, they would punish each other's sim in the game. My fave example was the girlfriend would make the boyfriend's sim clean the toilet.
  • wondersandwoes404wondersandwoes404 Posts: 24 New Member
    That couple sounds epic! I should try doing that with my husband XD

I first played original Sims in 2003, which feels like a lifetime ago. The Sims 2 was my favorite of the series, although I feel like I have the most nostalgia for The Sims 3 because I loved so many aspects of it and was hooked on some incredible stories people were writing about their Sims.

Listening to the classic or retro (I can't remember what it's called) radio station in The Sims 4 makes my heart so happy because it plays Sims 1 music <3 Then when I hear Sims music on commercials, I can never NOT point it out, lol.
  • JaidemoonJaidemoon Posts: 8 New Member
    Happy 24th Birthday Sims! (You and I share a birthday!) ... hard to believe this post started back when you were 15...