Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    My sim was whistling to himself while gardening, can't say I've noticed this before, is it a new detail with the pack?

Nope. Been there since release. I've seen a lot of community garden tenders do that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think this is the thread where I asked before, so to answer my own question:

Yes, grocery delivery works in other worlds outside of Henford. My family in San Myshuno ordered groceries and they were delivered by Cassandra Goth.

Awesome.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    A sim can actually befriend a fox. ;)
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love this pack and especially the experience of keeping a chicken coop and gathering eggs every day. It's not that hard to keep the chickens happy. Twice a fox tried to sneak in and steal an egg and both times my little boy was able to shoo him away, once before he had snatched an egg, and another time just after (he dropped it and ran off). Plus the animations with the chickens are so realistic, and if they are in a bad mood or hungry they don't like being picked up, which can be very amusing.

I also noticed my sims' pet dog reacting to them. He noticed them, with a chicken thought bubble over his head, and they noticed him, with a dog thought bubble over theirs. Then he started barking at my sim's oldest rooster. The rooster squawked back at him. Then the dog barked at him again, even more excitedly and they kept this up for quite awhile, almost like a conversation. At then end, the rooster was flapping in the air and squawking even more excitedly and I noticed it had gone from "happy" to "very happy." So it seems as though they can get some kind of social boost from each other. I was definitely happy to see them noticing each other and interacting with each other a little. The dog ignored the fox both times it came, however -- although to be fair, it may have been because the dog was on the other side of a big farm and simply didn't notice it at all.

On a separate matter, has anyone else noticed that the egg collecting tradition from the Easter holiday no longer fulfills itself properly? Normally they "Hunt for egg" in various articles of furniture and find decorative eggs. It usually takes only about 3 for the tradition to fulfill itself. This time, they hunted forever, never found any decorative eggs, but kept finding special eggs like rainbow eggs, golden eggs, chocolate, green and blue eggs etc. These did not fulfill the tradition. I ended up having to get the decorative eggs out of debug.

I don't think it can be a mod -- I still haven't put most of mine back in yet, only the ones that have been updated.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Does anyone know if lifespan settings effect animal lifespan? I play on the long lifespan, does that mean my cows and chickens will live longer than if I play on normal? Or are the healthy treats and lifespan upgrade to the sheds the only things that kan effect their life length?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Does anyone know if lifespan settings effect animal lifespan? I play on the long lifespan, does that mean my cows and chickens will live longer than if I play on normal? Or are the healthy treats and lifespan upgrade to the sheds the only things that kan effect their life length?

@Tomatplante not sure how their aging aligns with sim lifespans but there's a separate option in gameplay settings to turn off aging for farm animals.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited July 2021
    ... not sure how their aging aligns with sim lifespans but there's a separate option in gameplay settings to turn off aging for farm animals.
    @simgirl1010 I'm a bit confused. :# If the "Animal Aging" option is unchecked, does it mean that aging is disabled, and if checked, Animal Aging is on? Or is it the other way around?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    ... not sure how their aging aligns with sim lifespans but there's a separate option in gameplay settings to turn off aging for farm animals.
    @simgirl1010 I'm a bit confused. :# If the "Animal Aging" option is unchecked, does it mean that aging is disabled, and if checked, Animal Aging is on? Or is it the other way around?

It should be on by default, thus meaning it should have a check by default.
    So if it's checked, animals will age.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited July 2021
    EgonVM wrote: »
    It should be on by default, thus meaning it should have a check by default.
    So if it's checked, animals will age.
    @EgonVM Thank you! I thought my setting was unchecked at first, but I guess not. :D I did search online, but couldn't find a clear answer.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I also noticed my sims' pet dog reacting to them. He noticed them, with a chicken thought bubble over his head, and they noticed him, with a dog thought bubble over theirs. Then he started barking at my sim's oldest rooster. The rooster squawked back at him. Then the dog barked at him again, even more excitedly and they kept this up for quite awhile, almost like a conversation. At then end, the rooster was flapping in the air and squawking even more excitedly and I noticed it had gone from "happy" to "very happy." So it seems as though they can get some kind of social boost from each other. I was definitely happy to see them noticing each other and interacting with each other a little. The dog ignored the fox both times it came, however -- although to be fair, it may have been because the dog was on the other side of a big farm and simply didn't notice it at all.

I haven't noticed as many direct interactions between my sim's dog and the livestock as you have, but (1) the dog always wants to be in the animal pen; it's the only place he ever wants to be, other than right by my sim's side, and (2) the dog gets incredibly jealous and gets distressed and begs for extra attention whenever my sim pets or hugs the cow or chickens. I'm curious to see whether it's the same with cats, and for both cats and dogs, whether their particular traits affect that behavior. (This particular dog is loyal.)
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member

@Tomatplante not sure how their aging aligns with sim lifespans but there's a separate option in gameplay settings to turn off aging for farm animals.

Thank you, but I don't want them to live forever, I want them to age at a speed that makes sense compared to how fast my sims age. I knew about that option as well as the treat and the upgrade, but haven't found what I'm looking for in any online guide. So I'll be gratedul if anyone knows the answer to my question specifically.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited July 2021
    I've found the ice-rink in Henford, City Living. It's down the road from the pub past the cemetery. If you pull out a bit you can see it. The scenery in winter is beautiful in the evening.

Living is hard for Rusty Styles in Winter. He keeps running out of power as the inhabitants have voted for clean energy. He is forced to grill his food in the garden, rummage the large bins for parts and use his recycler for his power plant.

I've copied and put a small cottage from Cottage Living into Newcrest. The new inhabitants Michael and his young adult son have had a delivery by someone with curly hair I recognised from StrangerVille she got frightened by their dog barking at her. I think she even tried to kick him! Went into full "Mother" mode, rushing everywhere. I've had to lock her out by locking all the doors and gates!
    edited July 2021
    Most of the cottage living desserts are available for restuarents

You'll need to go to twitter and click on the picture cause the whole thing isn't showing here.
    A Few Examples
    Chocolate Pie
    Blueberry Pie
    Pumpkin Pie
    Cowplant Pie
    Some scone desserts

None of the new milks are available. Not too sure about the main dishes.

• netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this as it’s from the latest patch for cottage living but you can place the pond effects in swimming pools and fountains.
    netney52 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right thread to post this as it’s from the latest patch for cottage living but you can place the pond effects in swimming pools and fountains.

Awesome.
  • ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    You can add items to the bottom shelf of the corner counter piece from CoL! It looks soooooo good!

mPA6CFF.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    As usual all the pants are broken for the transgender sims.

ne7pff4datpj.jpg

They look that bad on female sim in general too.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Bunny stumps and bird trees are indicated on the HoB world map, so you can find them easily in the wilderness.

worldmap2.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    You can select and move chickens in build mode, so if they come loose you can go into build mode and move them back into their area. I discovered this 2 minutes ago when that example happened.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So.... Is it common knowledge that the alien in the pond can trigger abductions? I didn't closely follow details about the pack so I could discover most of it myself.

When I saw the alien light glowing in the pond, I clicked it and there was a 'wade here' interaction. I clicked it, my sim ran over and was immediately snatched up.

It's a good way to get abducted for anyone still struggling to make it happen.

Woah rlly? I think you might be the first person to notice this lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    So.... Is it common knowledge that the alien in the pond can trigger abductions? I didn't closely follow details about the pack so I could discover most of it myself.

When I saw the alien light glowing in the pond, I clicked it and there was a 'wade here' interaction. I clicked it, my sim ran over and was immediately snatched up.

It's a good way to get abducted for anyone still struggling to make it happen.

Woah rlly? I think you might be the first person to notice this lol

Yeah, I thought I took pictures but I guess not because I was in shock. It might've been a coincidence, though. So I'm trying again to see.
  • Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    edited July 2021
    You can assign chickens to people. Really convenient when it comes to taking care of them

Edit: I thought you could assign it to a sim or sims because it displays their picture and my sim never played with any other chicken but it means assigining chickens to coops that you want them assigned too. Sorry for the misinfo
    Post edited by Bashsync2015 on