Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    I recently watched this video:
    "20 Things To Do In Cottage Living"
    https://youtu.be/1IYx3BN135Q
    It only confirmed my thoughts on the pack when I could only find the "Simple Living" challenge, writing a cookbook, and buying groceries to be worthwhile gameplay.

Also, when your description of a feature amounts only to "this is cute/adorable" it's not a good endorsement.

She does a really really terrible job at selling the pack. I'm actually interested in this one, and she seemed to be pointing out how boring it is. And given that she listed canning as a new thing to do rather than just new cooking recipes, it also seemed like she was reaching to find things.

I guess I can thank this gamechanger for killing my interest for now. I'll get it on sale.

Edit: Okay, finished watching it. She lists hitting on Agnes Crumplebottom to get hit back by her as new gameplay. There's not enough squee in the world to make that sound like it would be fun and engaging more than twice.

Why aren’t you buying it instead of watching a gamechanger pick apart the EP you were interested in? I don’t tend to listen to the gamechangers because they can tell you anything and yes most will be honest they like it but the got the thing free. They didn’t pay for it so why should they care what they tell us?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    its only early morning here in australia and i havent played the pack much but is it me or do the cows look a bit childish?? they are too big or something i cant explain it they need a retexture

I personally didn't think so, to me it matches the games art style, which does indeed lean towards the fisher price playschool items, in my opinion so to me it fits in just fine. Everything in this game is exaggerated and oversized.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited July 2021
    It only confirmed my thoughts on the pack when I could only find the "Simple Living" challenge, writing a cookbook, and buying groceries to be worthwhile gameplay.

Also, when your description of a feature amounts only to "this is cute/adorable" it's not a good endorsement.

She does a really really terrible job at selling the pack. I'm actually interested in this one, and she seemed to be pointing out how boring it is. And given that she listed canning as a new thing to do rather than just new cooking recipes, it also seemed like she was reaching to find things.

I guess I can thank this gamechanger for killing my interest for now. I'll get it on sale.

Edit: Okay, finished watching it. She lists hitting on Agnes Crumplebottom to get hit back by her as new gameplay. There's not enough squee in the world to make that sound like it would be fun and engaging more than twice.

Why aren’t you buying it instead of watching a gamechanger pick apart the EP you were interested in? I don’t tend to listen to the gamechangers because they can tell you anything and yes most will be honest they like it but the got the thing free. They didn’t pay for it so why should they care what they tell us?

She was not picking it apart. She was trying her best to sound super enthusiastic. Had she been picking it apart, or sounded the least bit negative, I would have taken it with a grain of salt. That someone who apparently loves the pack can't come up with much actual gameplay is telling to me. As for why I haven't bought it -- same reason I don't buy anything without at least some research. I'm not in a hurry. I can wait for a sale.
    edited July 2021

She was not picking it apart. She was trying her best to sound super enthusiastic. Had she been picking it apart, or sounded the least bit negative, I would have taken it with a grain of salt. That someone who apparently loves the pack can't come up with much actual gameplay is telling to me. As for why I haven't bought it -- same reason I don't buy anything without at least some research. I'm not in a hurry. I can wait for a sale.
    Well I can tell you I am having fun with it and I paid for it. Its my favorite pack I have played in a long time. I haven't been happy with most of the packs since Seasons.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021

I’m waiting for a sale or bundle 👀.

I like the cottage vibe and world looks superb. The pub is my favourite community lot I’ve seen and I think the build stuff will be good. The Sims that come with the pack look interesting.

However, the focus on the animals doesn’t grab me nor do I like the cow shed having a black hole. Watching the let’s plays a big farm looks a lot of work.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Well I can tell you I am having fun with it and I paid for it. Its my favorite pack I have played in a long time. I haven't been happy with most of the packs since Seasons.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I mean that. Why are you in the negative thread again?

If it has a game pack worth of game play, I'll pay $20 for it happily. Vampires is still my favorite pack for the Sims 4, and it looks like it may have as much game play as that. So I will enjoy it :) Just... not now.
  • ShreddedWingsShreddedWings Posts: 1 New Member
    I preordered the pack on Origin, now it looks like there are two different packs and one says it comes with gnomes, am I just insane and didn't see the other pack before or did they make the other after... do I have to buy it again to get the gnomes, I'm sorry I'm just genuinely confused why they would do this. There is an I with a circle around it in red over the other pack. I'm not sure what it means, but if I have to pay another 50 dollars for gnomes, I'm going to be pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸. I purchased the pre-order on 2021, 06, 12. was that too late for the gnomes?
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

I'm glad you're enjoying it. I mean that. Why are you in the negative thread again?

If it has a game pack worth of game play, I'll pay $20 for it happily. Vampires is still my favorite pack for the Sims 4, and it looks like it may have as much game play as that. So I will enjoy it :) Just... not now.

Some people may like the pack, enjoy playing with it and yet have a few specific complaints or reservations about it. Why do people have to be entirely negative or entirely positive? Or are you saying that nothing positive at all belongs in the negativity thread? Asking because I'm genuinely unclear about how this is supposed to work.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2021

Some people may like the pack, enjoy playing with it and yet have a few specific complaints or reservations about it. Why do people have to be entirely negative or entirely positive? Or are you saying that nothing positive at all belongs in the negativity thread? Asking because I'm genuinely unclear about how this is supposed to work.

Having positive, negative or neutral opinions in both threads tends to be fine, (as long as you stay on topic) the issue is often when people start complaining why people are positive or negative.

Oh you know me I like to tell people to buy the pack and not listen to gamechangers. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member

This is (per my understanding) a thread to voice one's complaints with/negative perceptions of the pack. The problem that was pointed out was that the other poster seemed to take umbrage with something stated (that falls under the purview of the thread), and used a positive pov to counter/dismiss it. One could come in with a positive opinion, sure, but it's only to be met with negative ones (so intent is in question, especially in reply to another's opinion/choice).

The better question is (when it's clearly stated in the title): why would one want to share their positive opinions with people who will either ignore or simply not reciprocate them?
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).

Context matters. People may enjoy it, and have a few complaints or reservations about it and this absolutely is the place to talk about those complaints and reservations. That wasn't what prompted my comment at all.
    edited July 2021

Oh you know me I like to tell people to buy the pack and not listen to gamechangers. :joy:

Here's the thing -- I watched a video linked here which was from a gamechanger who obviously is trying to convince people that it's the best pack eva~ But she actually listed very little new gameplay. In her list was included new recipes, a few new plants, animals broken up into several categories, and an interaction which is a pale imitation of the original one. I'm not saying that it looks bad -- it looks fun. But she certainly was not able to come up with 20 new game play features. To me, it looks game pack fun, not expansion pack fun. So I'll likely buy it when it's gamepack price.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    I only played a few hours tonight but couldn't help asking myself why I'd just forked out for what I already have, when years ago now we got cows and chickens in Sims3. Not a lot of change there at all. I swear they just updated the graphics.
    One real bit of negativity. My sim bought a milk loaf and a pot of jam from the market stall. They go home. Put jam and bread on the counter but they can only be eaten separately. I tried everything I could. Putting it back into inventory, clicking on bread, clicking on jam.
    They eat the bread but then eat the jam separately straight from the jar instead of spreading it. It's a minor detail but drove me nuts. No one eats like that.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    I only played a few hours tonight but couldn't help asking myself why I'd just forked out for what I already have, when years ago now we got cows and chickens in Sims3. Not a lot of change there at all. I swear they just updated the graphics.
    One real bit of negativity. My sim bought a milk loaf and a pot of jam from the market stall. They go home. Put jam and bread on the counter but they can only be eaten separately. I tried everything I could. Putting it back into inventory, clicking on bread, clicking on jam.
    They eat the bread but then eat the jam separately straight from the jar instead of spreading it. It's a minor detail but drove me nuts. No one eats like that.

Wait ... what? The bread and jam are being treated as two separate foods? That's insane. Doesn't it get converted to some sort of new "bread with jam" food? At least that's what I thought was supposed to happen. If not, then that's bad.

Context matters. People may enjoy it, and have a few complaints or reservations about it and this absolutely is the place to talk about those complaints and reservations. That wasn't what prompted my comment at all.

I read your comment as being confused as to why someone who claims to be enjoying a new pack, was posting something (anything really) in a negative comments thread just a couple of hours after the pack went live, rather than still being knee deep in the new pack that they're enjoying so much. I had the same confusion.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    My game has been extremely laggy in Henford on Bagley. Hopefully this is fixed soon.
    SimSpock wrote: »

I read your comment as being confused as to why someone who claims to be enjoying a new pack, was posting something (anything really) in a negative comments thread just a couple of hours after the pack went live, rather than still being knee deep in the new pack that they're enjoying so much. I had the same confusion.

Oh no, not at all. I have no confusion at all as to why they were commenting here :D If you have the stomach to read through any pack's negativity thread, you'll see what I mean. It was a friendly jab.

SOOOOO, let's get back to negativity about the pack. How is it playing with Seasons? I can't imagine it's anything but annoying.

Oh no, not at all. I have no confusion at all as to why they were commenting here :D If you have the stomach to read through any pack's negativity thread, you'll see what I mean. It was a friendly jab.

SOOOOO, let's get back to negativity about the pack. How is it playing with Seasons? I can't imagine it's anything but annoying.

I dunno. Not sure how many people have stressed the pack with multiple seasons yet. The plants reverting thread is picking back up, there are major issues with the new food delivery service, lots of things breaking, teleporting apparently is now worse for a lot of people, a few people are already complaining about being bored, there's already a lot of enthusiasm for whatever the next pack is going to be, et cetera. But the general consensus is that this pack is overloaded with CUTENESS. So I guess it depends on what people are looking for.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2021
    The game has been out for less than twenty four hours. Threads are already popping up of things broken in other packs by this new pack. The formal EA bug site has received lists of bugs already. Less than 24 hours, day one.

Some dismiss such bugs but let me say if a player can't get groceries or other things because stalls are closed when they should be open, I would call that game breaking. If players can't find the ingredients such as mushrooms for an opportunity chore, I would call that game breaking. If players' other pets are missing in premade homes in other towns I would call that game breaking. These are not the only bugs on day one.

Here is what grinds my gears about what TS4 players are willing to accept. Bugs upon bugs upon bugs. It may not be game breaking to some to not be able to do something when they set out to do something in a game. But if that person has to forego that activity and or action and or work around it and or just forget it, then the pack or game is indeed game breaking if anyone has to skip something they sat out to do.

My other pet peeve is what is the job of game changers' early access?...just to make us buy something and get their clicks and or to do a little bit of beta testing and tell Maxis about bugs is what they should be doing. And tomorrow, you know what, players will throw this pack down forget all about it's bugs and what it broke in the previous packs and core game, and spend more money on a new shiny. EA is so happy with those who don't mind bugs and or subpar programming. Players are the reason TS4 is so darn buggy because tomorrow they will throw down the money for another new shiny.

'It's buggy but I bought it anyway' that is stated here thousands of times. Or I will buy it on sale, I don't care it's buggy, I want a new shiny. :s Players have no one to blame but themselves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited July 2021

I get it and I was friendly joking around. I guess people are taking as me being serious. Its annoying to play with Eco Lifestyle more. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cinebar wrote: »
    The game has been out for less than twenty four hours. Threads are already popping up of things broken in other packs by this new pack. The formal EA bug site has received lists of bugs already. Less than 24 hours, day one.

Some dismiss such bugs but let me say if a player can't get groceries or other things because stalls are closed when they should be open, I would call that game breaking. If players can't find the ingredients such as mushrooms for an opportunity chore, I would call that game breaking. If players' other pets are missing in premade homes in other towns I would call that game breaking. These are not the only bugs on day one.

Here is what grinds my gears about what TS4 players are willing to accept. Bugs upon bugs upon bugs. It may not be game breaking to some to not be able to do something when they set out to do something in a game. But if that person has to forego that activity and or action and or work around it and or just forget it, then the pack or game is indeed game breaking if anyone has to skip something they sat out to do.

My other pet peeve is what is the job of game changers' early access?...just to make us buy something and get their clicks and or to do a little bit of beta testing and tell Maxis about bugs is what they should be doing. And tomorrow, you know what, players will throw this pack down forget all about it's bugs and what it broke in the previous packs and core game, and spend more money on a new shiny. EA is so happy with those who don't mind bugs and or subpar programming. Players are the reason TS4 is so darn buggy because tomorrow they will throw down the money for another new shiny.

'It's buggy but I bought it anyway' that is stated here thousands of times. Or I will buy it on sale, I don't care it's buggy, I want a new shiny. :s Players have no one to blame but themselves.

I don't think players are liking the bugs either, but they want to play the new content so they deal with it... I'm not sure how they are dealing with some bugs like lags and animation issues, you can see them in Game Changer videos and they try to laugh and brush it off, but you can tell that they are annoyed.

I think players are annoyed too, but we won't see much of that right now because the pack feels fresh and new, we will see in a couple of weeks I guess.

The game changers are being given early access so they can show off and promote the pack, they are doing it for the content and views and I don't dislike it, but I do wish that they could know more about the game that they are playing, sometimes it feels like they are completely oblivious to bugs or gameplay mechanics that have been in the game for years.

I don't mind people buying new content as long as they are enjoying it but I agree that with this pack I have definitely felt that a lot of people are buying it because it's new and shiny. At least that's the impression I'm getting from everyone on twitter who are posting pictures of bunnies and saying that it's the best thing ever, meanwhile the latest patch gave us loads of new bugs while our game is lagging.

I get it and I was friendly joking around. I guess people are taking as me being serious. Its annoying to play with Eco Lifestyle more. :D

LOL, you're good. Honestly, if there was a negativity thread I didn't see you in eventually, I'd start to worry about you :)
    logion wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't think players are liking the bugs either, but they want to play the new content so they deal with it... I'm not sure how they are dealing with some bugs like lags and animation issues, you can see them in Game Changer videos and they try to laugh and brush it off, but you can tell that they are annoyed.

I think players are annoyed too, but we won't see much of that right now because the pack feels fresh and new, we will see in a couple of weeks I guess.

The game changers are being given early access so they can show off and promote the pack, they are doing it for the content and views and I don't dislike it, but I do wish that they could know more about the game that they are playing, sometimes it feels like they are completely oblivious to bugs or gameplay mechanics that have been in the game for years.

I don't mind people buying new content as long as they are enjoying it but I agree that with this pack I have definitely felt that a lot of people are buying it because it's new and shiny. At least that's the impression I'm getting from everyone on twitter who are posting pictures of bunnies and thinking it's the best thing ever, meanwhile the latest patch gave us loads of new bugs while our game is lagging.

That really seems to be the case with a lot of packs and as long as that keeps happening, the EPs will keep getting smaller and smaller and the bugs bigger and bigger. The simulation lag and framerate drops have been going on for a long time and they must be aware of it, so it probably isn't fixable. Sims 3 went through this as well. It started off running very well, but the more packs that got added, the more issues it had until mods were required to at least let it run halfway decently. The question is, though, how cost-efficient is it to fix the spaghetti code? My guess is it would cost more than it's worth given it doesn't seem to affect their sales.
  • KooshyKooshy Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anybody know what I’m doing wrong?
    I moved lots with animals in my inventory and when I went to place them back with the coop and animal shed both down it will not let me place my cow down. Chickens worked just fine but cow remains red with “must be placed on specific object” I’ve tried the move object cheat and everything. It won’t let me sell the cow from inventory either. It’s just stuck. Pls help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top