Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    guys exist some lists that quotes about the crosspack with cottage living? i dont see yet any crosspack interation on twitter feed of the simgurus
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    All I remember is llama wool can be used to discount knitting.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    guys exist some lists that quotes about the crosspack with cottage living? i dont see yet any crosspack interation on twitter feed of the simgurus

Expect that Tomorrow with Game Changers.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Some facts about the animal shed woohoo

Banjo music plays during woohoo and hay comes out along with 💕hearts

Sims get kind of a bad moodlet from woohooing in the shed.

If there is an animal in the shed you have to call it out to be able to woohoo.

I think the bad moodlet depends on the quality of the woohoo and the cleanliness of the shed. Good woohoo in a clean barn would be fun, but bad woohoo or woohoo in manure... Not so much.
  • Options
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    thanks for that!
    So if you want a cow but you live on a 20x15 lot you should basically just move in with it!LOL

I think the cow shed is with all the footprint necessary for the cow to roam about. You could try build your sim's house above the shed if you need more space. :lol:

Im still curious about what would happen if you shrunk your animal shed down....would it be the same as the fish tank with the animal staying the same size? Then presumably it would just vanish when it went into its teeny tiny house!LOL

@dogzdinner

I think sizing it down once and building a similarly sized shell around it would be enough, and shouldn't limit the animal's range too much if it works.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'd actually prefer all NPCs to age, including the Crumplebottom cousins. It feels weird seeing the same old character for unlimited generations of my sims. I would not mind if Agnes was replaced by another bag swinging sim, I'd just make sure to enjoy the real thing for as long as she was around (and save her to my library if possible, of course).

Abour bad moodlet from woohooing in a dirty shed - I wonder how that could be worse than woohooing in a dirty dumpster (ECO pack)? :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    hannglover wrote: »
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > It's been speculated earlier in this thread whether we can have rentals in the new world or not. Was there a definite answer if animal sheds and coops can be place on rental lots or even venues?
    > I don't want to place a rental lot in the new world, but I want llama sheds in Selvadorada. Also a petting zoo in San Myshuno to show the city kids some farm animals might be adorable. Myshuno Meadows would be ideal for that.

The new pack comes with a rental lot in the world in the Bramblewood! https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bramblewood#13_Nettle_Lane

I don't know if we can place animal sheds on rentals/community lots, but I hope we can. Petting zoos are a cute idea!

You can put animals in you inventory, so I assume you could buy them while on vacation and take them home with you, or even take them with you if the rental lot has shelter for them.

As for community lots, not sure how it would work there, but I guess they only simulate while sims are loaded into the lot. You could set up clubs to tend them so you sim doesn't have to if nearby.
  • Options

Thanks so much for sharing this informative picture since I don't have Twitter myself and would've missed it. The mystery of the layered red dish is solved: it's eggplant/ aubergine parmesan. It looks great and will be very nice for my vegetarian sims to have; I only wish vegetarian sims could make dishes like that as Grand Meals instead of that unappetizing-looking Tofuturkey all the time. Now to solve the mystery of why Maxis didn't include cherries, lemons, pears, plantains and pomegranates as preserves...

Yuk! In my game it will be lasagna :D

What's wrong with aubergine parmesan? If it is done right, it can be delicious. Personally, I wouldn't have thought of that as an especially British dish or as pub fare, though. Perhaps someone can correct me if I am wrong?

I thought it might be Moussaka. Again, Greek rather than traditionally British, but we are very diverse.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:
    > It's been speculated earlier in this thread whether we can have rentals in the new world or not. Was there a definite answer if animal sheds and coops can be place on rental lots or even venues?
    > I don't want to place a rental lot in the new world, but I want llama sheds in Selvadorada. Also a petting zoo in San Myshuno to show the city kids some farm animals might be adorable. Myshuno Meadows would be ideal for that.

The new pack comes with a rental lot in the world in the Bramblewood! https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Bramblewood#13_Nettle_Lane

I don't know if we can place animal sheds on rentals/community lots, but I hope we can. Petting zoos are a cute idea!

You can put animals in you inventory, so I assume you could buy them while on vacation and take them home with you, or even take them with you if the rental lot has shelter for them.

As for community lots, not sure how it would work there, but I guess they only simulate while sims are loaded into the lot. You could set up clubs to tend them so you sim doesn't have to if nearby.

At this point, I don't think there's any reason to think we can't just buy animal sheds and chicken coops from B/B in any world, just like we would in HoB. They made a point of telling us that we have to befriend the birds and rabbits in HoB before we can buy the objects in other worlds; I assume if there were similar restrictions for cows, llamas, and chickens, they would have just said so.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Does anyone know, have any of the game changers tried aging down Agnes Crumplebottom to see what she looks like as a YA? I'm curious if she looks similar to the TS3 Agnes Crumplebottom.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:

That's good to know about animals going into inventories (in Sims 2 parrots die from this :( ).

I like your suggestion to create a club for the community lot! The petting zoo having bunch of animal caretakes makes sense and would add atmosphere.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:

At this point, I don't think there's any reason to think we can't just buy animal sheds and chicken coops from B/B in any world, just like we would in HoB. They made a point of telling us that we have to befriend the birds and rabbits in HoB before we can buy the objects in other worlds; I assume if there were similar restrictions for cows, llamas, and chickens, they would have just said so.

Other than not being able to enter B/B while on a rental lot I can't think of a restriction -- maybe if the lot already has an animal shed/chicken coop placed you could buy an animal and take it home.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:

Other than not being able to enter B/B while on a rental lot I can't think of a restriction -- maybe if the lot already has an animal shed/chicken coop placed you could buy an animal and take it home.

I think to have animals on rental lots specifically, whether in HoB or any other world, you'd probably need to place the shed or coop while not actively playing, just as you do when you make any other b/b changes to rental lots. Then while actually renting the lot, you could probably choose and buy an animal.

However, my guess is that you will not be able to place those specific animals in your inventory and take them home with you, because even though you are the one purchasing the animal, it will still be tied to the shed, which is owned by the rental lot. In other words, it will treat you as a non-owner, just as it would if you were visiting another sims lot, where presumably you will not be able to pick up other sims' animals and place them in your inventory. But you should be able to place the sheds and coops on your own home lot in any world and be able to purchase your own animals there.

My main question then is whether the animals' needs will decay on rental lots, causing them to die, while the lot is inactive/not being rented. I hope not, because I definitely want to have at least one rental with farm animals. But we will have to see.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    > @EnkiSchmidt said:

I think to have animals on rental lots specifically, whether in HoB or any other world, you'd probably need to place the shed or coop while not actively playing, just as you do when you make any other b/b changes to rental lots. Then while actually renting the lot, you could probably choose and buy an animal.

However, my guess is that you will not be able to place those specific animals in your inventory and take them home with you, because even though you are the one purchasing the animal, it will still be tied to the shed, which is owned by the rental lot. In other words, it will treat you as a non-owner, just as it would if you were visiting another sims lot, where presumably you will not be able to pick up other sims' animals and place them in your inventory. But you should be able to place the sheds and coops on your own home lot in any world and be able to purchase your own animals there.

My main question then is whether the animals' needs will decay on rental lots, causing them to die, while the lot is inactive/not being rented. I hope not, because I definitely want to have at least one rental with farm animals. But we will have to see.

I guess, worst case scenario, you could buy the animal on the rental lot and then at the end of your visit, trade it for meat or simoleans so it doesn't just die from neglect after you leave. But I'd rather have one sim buy it and then leave it for other sims to care for when they rent the place next, if it's possible.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

We can knit the new animal clothing
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am happy with some of the cross-pack functionality in that Platinum Simmers article, like the fact that the cross stitch activity can be used in clubs, that cross stitches can be sold on Plopsy and that the weather in Henford on Bagley is so very English. But the biggest disappointment has got to be the fact that cats and dogs ignore all the animals in this pack. What a horrible let down and a real argument for why they should not be splitting up animals in different packs if it means that they unrealistically don't interact at all.
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    "Sadly, I haven’t yet spotted any interactions between Cats and Dogs and the new farm animals or wild animals. I’ve had 3 dogs living alongside rabbits, chickens and a llama, and they seem oblivious to each other. The creature keeper doesn’t sell any clothes for cats or dogs, either."

Disappointed by that :(
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am happy with some of the cross-pack functionality in that Platinum Simmers article, like the fact that the cross stitch activity can be used in clubs, that cross stitches can be sold on Plopsy and that the weather in Henford on Bagley is so very English. But the biggest disappointment has got to be the fact that cats and dogs ignore all the animals in this pack. What a horrible let down and a real argument for why they should not be splitting up animals in different packs if it means that they unrealistically don't interact at all.

I personally find that a slight against uncontrollable pets. They need and, considering 3, get more interactions than the occasional set dressing if you yourself are directing them. But apparently there are a few interactions, just very limited. Kind of like staring at the small pets.

To be fair, IRL the barn cat would usually be ignored and I would be concerned the family dog may be harmed at best in some of those interactions.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Name the image. Is the dog sad about the chick or nervous. I wonder if different pet traits will affect how they act and respond around animals on the farm.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

Name the image. Is the dog sad about the chick or nervous. I wonder if different pet traits will affect how they act and respond around animals on the farm.

It was said by someone according to Iron Seagull that dogs will chase off foxes.