Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What future Expansion Pack should we have?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lahdeialahdeia Posts: 9 New Member
    I think the Greece pack would be interesting. I don't like the idea of fighting medusa. Her story is just a sad one, but to add Pegasus and possibly unicorns, and a Kraken? That would be awesome. I am an occult player so fae and werewolves would be great to bring back. An anime pack is different. Not sure I'd buy it though
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Greece Expansion Pack
    lahdeia wrote: »
    I think the Greece pack would be interesting. I don't like the idea of fighting medusa. Her story is just a sad one, but to add Pegasus and possibly unicorns, and a Kraken? That would be awesome. I am an occult player so fae and werewolves would be great to bring back. An anime pack is different. Not sure I'd buy it though

Thanks for your input. I agree about werewolves and werevamps need to be back in their own expansion pack. I think unicorns and Pegasus would be difficult to make in an Greece expansion pack, though. However, I disagree about anime. I think anime has a lot of potential for a The Sims 4” expansion pack, if done right and in a non offensive way.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Werewolf/Werevamp
    I would love an Ancient Greece World Pack with Hercules, Xena, the Olympians, Creatures & Helen of Troy; after we get
    Wolfies, Fairies & Genies. :p
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Fairytale World
    What would an Anime pack look like? I associate it with creepy men lusting after prepubescent girls so no.

Superhero, Supervillain sounds interesting but this is TS4. The most evil thing you can do is to prank your own toilet. It would be boring.

I‘m not a fan of occults so werwolves and faires are not for me.

Greece is the only one remaining so I‘m voting for this.

Why would that be anime? Creepy men lusting after prepubescent girls is a gross universal thing. Don't associate it with something like that just because you don't know much about it.

As for the poll I'd want pretty much everything except Greece.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Anime
    LSM36 wrote: »
    What would an Anime pack look like? I associate it with creepy men lusting after prepubescent girls so no.

Superhero, Supervillain sounds interesting but this is TS4. The most evil thing you can do is to prank your own toilet. It would be boring.

I‘m not a fan of occults so werwolves and faires are not for me.

Greece is the only one remaining so I‘m voting for this.

Why would that be anime? Creepy men lusting after prepubescent girls is a gross universal thing. Don't associate it with something like that just because you don't know much about it.

As for the poll I'd want pretty much everything except Greece.

Yeah the creepy men lusting over prepubescent girls are mostly found in Hollywood and yet they claim that Weebs are the weirdos, at least we can tell the difference between fiction and reality, the majority of the anime community actually frowns upon that kind of stuff, there's a reason why there's even a rule that is against lewding lolis, plus most guys are against that kind of stuff.
  • Options
    CleoDarlingCleoDarling Posts: 3 New Member
    Werewolf/Werevamp
    > @EliteGirl said:
    > I understand about the important of having a Native American pack. I agree with you that "how can you have true diversity when any culture, race, group or ethnicity isn't given even poor representation, stereotypical representation or even misrepresentation". However, I DON'T agree with you about having a pack for people who are disabilities. The problem is, "The Sims 4" is a game unable to have people with disabilities because those who make the game might make the sims with disabilities into stereotypes and people with disabilities misrepresented WITHOUT trying to and/or meaning to. As a person who is disabled, I feel very strongly AGAINST having a pack for people with disabilities.

I get that disabilities can be misrepresented, but then again...pregnant people can't exercise on a treadmill or yoga mat either, but I know a lot of pregnant ladies who do both. I think it could be beneficial for people to learn about the kinds of difficulties people face with disabilities. My husband has CP which would very likely be stereo-typed poorly. He does not use crutches, can drive, speak clearly and has yet to collect a dime of assistance. I myself have no outward appearance of a disability but I have so many health issues that I have had to take an early pension.

With this in mind, having to design a house for a sim in a wheelchair, or having your sim learn sign language because the cute neighbour is deaf, or having to help a blind child learn to walk and buying them a guide dog might entice people to learn more about disabilities and those that deal with them.
  • Options
    CleoDarlingCleoDarling Posts: 3 New Member
    Werewolf/Werevamp
    Though all the previous suggestions look great - Love those ACO shots! - I gotta say the one thing I want from EA is more usable lots in each existing town. I want more vacant residential and commercial lots so I can flesh out my towns. More vacant lots, more different sized lots, more types of structures which can be manned by NPCs. They were there in 2 & 3, what's holding things up for 4?

I want multiple restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. in each of my towns so my Sims have options for dates without sacrificing the number of residential lots. Adding things like bowling alleys, movie theatres, playhouses, fine dining, casual dining, fast food etc. Right now, you go to a bar and buy some drinks for the other sim and dance with them. Not much of a date imo. Can we even make a restaurant that works, or do we just get cafeteria food carts?
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Greece Expansion Pack
    Though all the previous suggestions look great - Love those ACO shots! - I gotta say the one thing I want from EA is more usable lots in each existing town. I want more vacant residential and commercial lots so I can flesh out my towns. More vacant lots, more different sized lots, more types of structures which can be manned by NPCs. They were there in 2 & 3, what's holding things up for 4?

I want multiple restaurants, bars, gyms, etc. in each of my towns so my Sims have options for dates without sacrificing the number of residential lots. Adding things like bowling alleys, movie theatres, playhouses, fine dining, casual dining, fast food etc. Right now, you go to a bar and buy some drinks for the other sim and dance with them. Not much of a date imo. Can we even make a restaurant that works, or do we just get cafeteria food carts?

Yes, I agree that bowling alleys and movie theaters should be added in "The Sims 4". Same with playhouses too.What about rollerblading rinks? Rollerblading rinks would be good too. I also agree that we need more residential lots.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Superhero/Supervillain
    To me this most sounds like GP, the typical EP that defines EPs is Seasons it completly changed the game
  • Options
    JMEllis2020JMEllis2020 Posts: 25 Member
    Superhero/Supervillain
    Superhero/villain would be awesome, but I want all of the options.
  • Options
    Anime

Like Newcrest? I barely use that world since I'm not a builder, but if I did use Newcrest, I would simply just move sims into empty lots to fend for themselves.
  • Options
    Anime
    Also with a Greece pack you can do werewolves, like the myth involving Zeus, King Lycaon and the attempt to trick Zeus into commiting cannibalism, let's just say that things didn't turn out well for Lycaon after that incident.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Fairytale World
    Voted for the fairytale world but think it would be pretty cool to have the Greek expansion pack too (as something different that hasn't been done before). The anime and the Sims I think would conflict too much, though I appreciate that people may think differently to that. My mind just can't see the two gelling well together.
    For people who enjoy playing with the occults, I think a fairytale world should be a priority, but it'd be good if it included other occult states such as werewolves etc.
    As I've said in a previous post I feel that TS1 Makin' Magic hasn't been matched up to expectations with occult states in the other versions of the Sims (although I feel that TS3 tried to match up to it with their version of occults). The Sims 4 is certainly lacking in occult states and could do with improving on that imo.
  • Options
    Anime
    Lulu29 wrote: »
    Voted for the fairytale world but think it would be pretty cool to have the Greek expansion pack too (as something different that hasn't been done before). The anime and the Sims I think would conflict too much, though I appreciate that people may think differently to that. My mind just can't see the two gelling well together.
    For people who enjoy playing with the occults, I think a fairytale world should be a priority, but it'd be good if it included other occult states such as werewolves etc.
    As I've said in a previous post I feel that TS1 Makin' Magic hasn't been matched up to expectations with occult states in the other versions of the Sims (although I feel that TS3 tried to match up to it with their version of occults). The Sims 4 is certainly lacking in occult states and could do with improving on that imo.

Well...the Elderscrolls universe has werewolves as well as werebears and werecrocodiles, there's other were animals too.
  • Options
    Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member
    Fairytale World
    Lulu29 wrote: »

Well...the Elderscrolls universe has werewolves as well as werebears and werecrocodiles, there's other were animals too.

Can't say that I've ever played that game but I'll take your word for it! :)

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2021
    Fairytale World
    I’d love a fairytale expansion for different beautiful gameplay! Especially with fairies and fairy castles!

Greece, although beautiful, wouldn’t be enough for an expansion. What gameplay would it provide?

I’d love having it as a kit or stuff pack tho
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Greece Expansion Pack
    Greece:

Goat
    Pottery
    Sculping
    Nectar making
    Scuba diving
    Pizza oven
    Butter churner
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Superhero/Supervillain
    I'm torn, everything but anime sounds amazing!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Anime
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Greece:

Goat
    Pottery
    Sculping
    Nectar making
    Scuba diving
    Pizza oven
    Butter churner

and Centuars, Satyrs, Cyclops and more, do all twelve labors like Hercules, join the gladiator career, get a pet Pegasus, visit Mount Olympus, Visit the Underworld, get Cerberus puppies, live like a Greek God or a Spartan Soldier, play with life.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Superhero/Supervillain
    I long for something different in the Sims that usually isn’t released.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Werewolf/Werevamp
    I chose Werewolves. Werewolf fans always get the short end of the stick. :(

Anime is all right, but I think it's too general a theme to implement well in The Sims. I would love to be proven wrong, though. ;)