Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 Cottage Living Negativity thread.

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    this is nor positive or negative its neutral you need to take note that players each plays the sims game tin there own way as a player i am looking forward to see what the pack will offer i am even building a house for the new pack for my sims to live in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    this is nor positive or negative its neutral you need to take note that players each plays the sims game tin there own way as a player i am looking forward to see what the pack will offer i am even building a house for the new pack for my sims to live in

That's great so maybe the positive thread without any negativity at all is a good place to read and talk about everything people like about the pack and not in the negative thread.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Small detail in the Gameplay trailer, the fox alarm have no visual effects.
    When I saw this alarm I immediately thought about the firefighter alarm in TS3 Ambitions.

x1bb1x10.jpg

ypby3610.jpg

This is par for the course for TS4 isn't it. Argh, they made a billion+ on this game and they still can't animate clocks, alarms or other things like elevators. But let's all scream for more decor reskinned and or CAS assets retextured, yay. :s

ETA: Reading or watching snip its of gameplay from early access here we go again...Best pack eva! Best CAS eva! how many times can gamechangers claim that? What an oxymoron to repeat it for every pack and CAS that they release. I'm soooo tired of that phrase. Best eva!!! :(

I was just watching a James Turner video and the fox alarm does have visual effects.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im slightly worried about the lag issue that is going on at the moment. I mean I know nothing about computers at all but Im wondering if all the plants you have on a lot (and we are all gardening at the moment!!) could cause this? is it too many objects with interactions?
    My current sim has over 50 plants she is growing at present and I get lag quite often.....I could see that being an issue with this pack if it cant cope with multiple crops and animals.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Apparently anything you enter in the fair disappears for good?

No, it goes into your household inventory. If you’re talking about Deli’s LP she totally missed the notification.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    They are so desperate for us to buy this pack that they are adding in incentives I mean bonuses for us to buy it by Sep 2nd ... I don't recall them being so desperate before to see us a pack or even kit early with Sims 4. (It's not a promotional gimmick it's sheer desperation) lol

First, off I'm not into farming and the only reason I would buy it early would be because some of my favourite builders in the community worked on some of the lots in the pack and they actually have experience with building country homes and farmhouses. I think it'll be dumbed down and oversimplified.

I think it'll break the game even further because when the game is playtested and in beta, they only use the pack they want to promote and the base game. In which we have problems later on for those who might be playing vanilla and them having serious problems because the new pack is broken with any other pack or even kit when combined. Really it's going to be seriously broken and not what the community demanding farming to be like in their vision for farming as part of the game.

I think fixing problems that make the game unplayable for some in the community would have been a better use of time and resources.

I would rather have pregnant pets walking upsidedown and our sims swimming in mid-air.

There is nothing that speaks to me of British Culture like tea time as a meal preparation. Nothing with British wit from what I can gather from the trailer unless you include Mrs Crumblebottom being finally added to the game. But that is just a funny part of the game that is finally added into the game from past games in the franchise and not truly British wit. Not even nobility and royalty added into the game. Nothing culturally significant food-wise to the UK like crumpets and scones bangers and mash Yorkshire Pudding, Kidney and steak pie. From my outstanding, we can't teach our dogs how to herd farm animals which in reality every farm has dogs to heard cattle sheep goats etc. We can't use bales of hay for the fa=rm cats to bury into and sleep in. It's like they only watched a few episodes of Green Acres and thought that is what farming is all about. When it's not. It's not about being in touch with nature. It's about being in servitude to nature. A farmer can be in touch with nature until they are blue in the face doesn't mean that they'll have a successful farm. Farming is hoping Nature has your back this season/year rather than being in touch with nature. I doubt this pack is going to begin to express this at all.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    drakharis wrote: »
    They are so desperate for us to buy this pack that they are adding in incentives I mean bonuses for us to buy it by Sep 2nd ... I don't recall them being so desperate before to see us a pack or even kit early with Sims 4. (It's not a promotional gimmick it's sheer desperation) lol

First, off I'm not into farming and the only reason I would buy it early would be because some of my favourite builders in the community worked on some of the lots in the pack and they actually have experience with building country homes and farmhouses. I think it'll be dumbed down and oversimplified.

I think it'll break the game even further because when the game is playtested and in beta, they only use the pack they want to promote and the base game. In which we have problems later on for those who might be playing vanilla and them having serious problems because the new pack is broken with any other pack or even kit when combined. Really it's going to be seriously broken and not what the community demanding farming to be like in their vision for farming as part of the game.

I think fixing problems that make the game unplayable for some in the community would have been a better use of time and resources.

I would rather have pregnant pets walking upsidedown and our sims swimming in mid-air.

There is nothing that speaks to me of British Culture like tea time as a meal preparation. Nothing with British wit from what I can gather from the trailer unless you include Mrs Crumblebottom being finally added to the game. But that is just a funny part of the game that is finally added into the game from past games in the franchise and not truly British wit. Not even nobility and royalty added into the game. Nothing culturally significant food-wise to the UK like crumpets and scones bangers and mash Yorkshire Pudding, Kidney and steak pie. From my outstanding, we can't teach our dogs how to herd farm animals which in reality every farm has dogs to heard cattle sheep goats etc. We can't use bales of hay for the fa=rm cats to bury into and sleep in. It's like they only watched a few episodes of Green Acres and thought that is what farming is all about. When it's not. It's not about being in touch with nature. It's about being in servitude to nature. A farmer can be in touch with nature until they are blue in the face doesn't mean that they'll have a successful farm. Farming is hoping Nature has your back this season/year rather than being in touch with nature. I doubt this pack is going to begin to express this at all.

Just a few corrections, sorry. There is Bangers and Mash, Yorkshire Pudding and Milk Bread. For me Steak and Kidney pie and Oatcakes would've been a must have too for sure, but they did add some regional food.
    There is a hay bale which functions as a chair so the cats may jump up on sleep on it. I certainly hope so.
    And personally as a Brit, I wouldn't have much interest myself in having some arbitrary family deemed better than everyone else purely due to their ancestry, but that's just me :P I know other people enjoy that stuff.

I do wish there was some way of them representing British Culture, or what some of us consider our experience of it. I was very much brought up on a sardonic sense of humour, an acceptance that poop happens and learning to deal with it instead of demanding the world changes to accommodate you and a strong sense of community and neighbourly help when things turned sour. I still remember my Grandfather risking prison to bring all the men from his village to a near surface coal seam he had found, to mine it in the dead of night and save their families from freezing while the strikes were on. I also remember the men supplementing the food our grandmothers couldn't afford to buy, by taking the terriers and ferrets out for rabbits.
    I don't suppose showing any of that is possible in a game. At least make the phone box work. And show homage to the glory of the tea and crumpets.
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Small detail in the Gameplay trailer, the fox alarm have no visual effects.
    When I saw this alarm I immediately thought about the firefighter alarm in TS3 Ambitions.

x1bb1x10.jpg

ypby3610.jpg

This is par for the course for TS4 isn't it. Argh, they made a billion+ on this game and they still can't animate clocks, alarms or other things like elevators. But let's all scream for more decor reskinned and or CAS assets retextured, yay. :s

ETA: Reading or watching snip its of gameplay from early access here we go again...Best pack eva! Best CAS eva! how many times can gamechangers claim that? What an oxymoron to repeat it for every pack and CAS that they release. I'm soooo tired of that phrase. Best eva!!! :(

Don't forget the occasional "I'm starting to get emotional", as well. That one always gives me a warm feeling.

Based on the current community bug-busting going on in the latest "Plants Reverting" thread, unless there's a fix for the latest fix for the bug in the next patch, I'm expecting the "negativity" thread to get a workout in four days.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2021
    The only object I'd like to work is the telephone box! It's just a mythical EA/Maxis world as usual.

I know that there's a lot of things that are deemed missing by some other UK Simmers but there's a limit on what Maxis can do if they still stick to making the game work on old machines. Maybe they can add something to the gameplay for us who also bought Cats and Dogs, like the dog chasing the fox or the cat stalking the birds at least. I don't live in hope though!

It's all myths. Only the middle class have time for tea these days now with both parents out at work or home working during the Pandemic, and all congregating round the TV set with their meals on their knee instead.

BTW: My Welsh cousins lived in the Rhondda valley which is a beautiful place to visit now but sheep were a total nuisance getting into their gardens and llamas were unheard of. My uncle worked for the local electricity board, (He got bad lungs working as a miner) and they still had gas lighting in their house. They lived by a stream, I think a tributary of the River Taff and near a coal tip and once in a flood my aunt opened the front door and the stream ran all the way through to the back door!

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Im slightly worried about the lag issue that is going on at the moment. I mean I know nothing about computers at all but Im wondering if all the plants you have on a lot (and we are all gardening at the moment!!) could cause this? is it too many objects with interactions?
    My current sim has over 50 plants she is growing at present and I get lag quite often.....I could see that being an issue with this pack if it cant cope with multiple crops and animals.

It's not a new bug. The way to fix it is to click on the ellipse on the top right of the screen. If your notice board is full, clear it as well to stop it, temporarily, from happening. Sims 4 is a fairly laggy game, with different types of lag caused by different things. The framerate drop is the most obvious, but the simulation lag is also quite apparent.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited July 2021
    Simburian wrote: »
    The only object I'd like to work is the telephone box! It's just a mythical EA/Maxis world as usual.

I know that there's a lot of things that are deemed missing by some other UK Simmers but there's a limit on what Maxis can do if they still stick to making the game work on old machines. Maybe they can add something to the gameplay for us who also bought Cats and Dogs, like the dog chasing the fox or the cat stalking the birds at least. I don't live in hope though!

It's all myths. Only the middle class have time for tea these days now with both parents out at work or home working during the Pandemic, and all congregating round the TV set with their meals on their knee instead.

BTW: My Welsh cousins lived in the Rhondda valley which is a beautiful place to visit now but sheep were a total nuisance getting into their gardens and llamas were unheard of. My uncle worked for the local electricity board, (He got bad lungs working as a miner) and they still had gas lighting in their house. They lived by a stream, I think a tributary of the River Taff and near a coal tip and once in a flood my aunt opened the front door and the stream ran all the way through to the back door!

It would have been neat to have the telephone box work like a telephone. Or a way to transport your sim to another lot with a bright flash when you picked where you wanted to go.

And honestly, it'll probably be modders who will be adding things to the game as always to deepen gameplay. (Which is probably sad that players have to wait for modders to add to the pack, but they do knock things out of the park when they do. Personally I can't wait to see what Icemunmun brings to the table when it comes to food items and hopefully whoever can untether the llama/cow from their shed and also make a sheep mod. Love the llama but would love a sheep even more.)

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I mean it looks cool but there are a few things I'm disappointed about :
    • The Grocery Store not being a real store but a stall in front of a store shell. They could have added it as a new lot type.
    • The Cow/LLama shed with its blackhole for an archway. It looks soooo cheap....
    • No horses.
    • No sheep (when it's based off the UK and there are a lot of sheep in the UK, I think even more than cows). I do like having llamas though.
    • No Farmers Market.
    • The number of lots and lack of big lots.
    • There is not that much build/buy.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited July 2021
    My only two qualms are the lack of a toilet/bathtub and that children have less clothes than toddlers. I personally think it should be equal or flipped.

ETA: There is in fact a bathtub, which makes me even more mad. Two packs in a row with everything except toilets.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't mind at all, as we have a lot of toilets already. Though another toilet like the Vampires one could be nice.
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    My only two qualms are the lack of a toilet/bathtub and that children have less clothes than toddlers. I personally think it should be equal or flipped.

ETA: There is in fact a bathtub, which makes me even more mad. Two packs in a row with everything except toilets.

Dianesims wrote: »
    I don't mind at all, as we have a lot of toilets already. Though another toilet like the Vampires one could be nice.

Now that I think of it, The Vampires one could be an acceptable substitute.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I am really looking forward to this EP and I think it will be one of my favourites, right up there with Seasons and Get Together. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a few pet peeves now that I have watched some gamechanger videos.

1) My number 1 complaint is that there is no social tea drinking, with tea sets, pouring tea and a group activity like a high tea that 3 or 4 sims could share. What a missed opportunity, especially in an English pack.
    2) The fact that there is no judging/ award ceremony at the County Fair is a huge omission and a let down. This is the whole reason why I wanted competitions at all, and receiving notifications is not equivalent.
    3) The fact that there is no uniquely English group activity or game (ring toss? croquet?) that could be shared at the County Fair is not surprising, but a disappointment nonetheless.
    4) Various basegame harvestables are inexplicably missing from the canning/ conserve system: cherries, lemons, pears, pomegranates and plantains (which probably also means that a number of harvestables from all the packs will also not be included either like peas, beans, peppers, coconuts, pineapples, etc).
    5) The jams and conserves that come with the pack are great in themselves, but sadly they aren't spreadable on all the baked goods already in the game; only a few dishes (like crumpets) come covered with only certain kinds of jam. Maybe this would have been impossible to implement (with too many new dishes needing to be created) but it still would have been more realistic to have.
    6) I agree with everyone else that the cow shed/ llama shed doorway appearing as a black hole is both unsightly and unrealistic. The building itself looks much nicer than the Sims 3 store version though (apart from the ugly doorway).
    7) No pinafore dress for the little girls. Why give the women such pretty, and in some case such young-looking, dresses and not create a few versions for the little girls? Another missed opportunity.

I do expect that this EP will have many fun elements which will counterbalance these disappointing weaknesses but how much nicer would it be if there were no obvious omissions like these.

7) No pinafore dress for the little girls. Why give the women such pretty, and in some case such young-looking, dresses and not create a few versions for the little girls? Another missed opportunity.

YES. Like why? And the toddlers even got at least one dress, so what the heck, EA?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

YES. Like why? And the toddlers even got at least one dress, so what the heck, EA?

Probably, because they have plenty of pinafore dresses already. Honestly, I'm excited that teens+ finally have a cute-ish pinafore dress to wear.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited July 2021

Probably, because they have plenty of pinafore dresses already. Honestly, I'm excited that teens+ finally have a cute-ish pinafore dress to wear.

Which pinafore dresses do little girls already have? I don't remember any that look particularly English or old-fashioned, none suitable for a Victorian child or an Alice costume. The jumper dresses from Eco Living and DHD don't work for me because they are too modern.

By the way I don't think it is bad that the teens get them; I just think the little girls should have some old-fashioned and pretty pinafores too.

Which pinafore dresses do little girls already have? I don't remember any that look particularly English or old-fashioned, none suitable for a Victorian child or an Alice costume. The jumper dresses from Eco Living and DHD don't work for me because they are too modern.

By the way I don't think it is bad that the teens get them; I just think the little girls should have some old-fashioned and pretty pinafores too.

There's a couple of "modern" looking denim ones that came with Parenthood and City Living IIRC, there's also a base game one as well (think it's a premade/stylized outfit in CaS) or would they be considered overall dresses? I get so confused about what's considered a pinafore sometimes. Even tho I love wearing them irl. XD

I do agree though, it's strange that there isn't an old-style one for children, maybe it was a design oversight or they thought they went overkill with pinafores?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    edited July 2021

There's a couple of "modern" looking denim ones that came with Parenthood and City Living IIRC, there's also a base game one as well (think it's a premade/stylized outfit in CaS) or would they be considered overall dresses? I get so confused about what's considered a pinafore sometimes. Even tho I love wearing them irl. XD

I do agree though, it's strange that there isn't an old-style one for children, maybe it was a design oversight or they thought they went overkill with pinafores?

Yes, most of those dresses you mention I would call jumpers, not pinafores. But I am a North American, and what I mean when I say "jumper" is a dress that is like an overall or sundress which is worn over another shirt or a blouse (my mother made me wear a lot of these when I was a child). When UK people say "jumper," they mean what I as a North American would call a "sweater." I think that they use the term "pinafore" to refer to any style of dress that fits over a shirt or blouse (what I would call a "jumper").

However, in contrast, I would use the term "pinafore" only to mean a full apron, sleeved or not, which is worn over a full print or patterned dress of some kind underneath. That's the type of dress they created for young adults and teens in this pack (with some very nice examples), and which I wish they would have made a version for little girls too. (On the bright side, probably some modder will convert some of these beautiful dresses for little girls, as they have done before).
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm still bummed you can only have 1 cow or 1 llama to a shed... it should've at least been 2 per shed.
    WbUrFQm.png

Yes, most of those dresses you mention I would call jumpers, not pinafores. But I am a North American, and what I mean when I say "jumper" is a dress that is like an overall or sundress which is worn over another shirt or a blouse (my mother made me wear a lot of these when I was a child). When UK people say "jumper," they mean what I as a North American would call a "sweater." I think that they use the term "pinafore" to refer to any style of dress that fits over a shirt or blouse (what I would call a "jumper").

However, in contrast, I would use the term "pinafore" only to mean an apron, sleeved or not, which is worn over a full print or patterned dress of some kind underneath. That's the type of dress they created for young adults and teens in this pack (with some very nice examples), and which I wish they would have made a version for little girls too. (On the bright side, probably some modder will convert some of these beautiful dresses for little girls, as they have done before.

Ah, this is where a lot of the confusion comes in just by a small language barrier between America and Australia (though being an English settlement we have a lot of language and some cultural overlap)
    https://shop.dangerfield.com.au/all/womens/dresses-pinafores/strawberry-bib-brace-pinny.html This is the kind of pinafore I tend to wear irl, sorry for the link I don't know how to post images, this is also what comes to mind when someone says pinafore. I also have a denim pinafore (what I call an overall dress, mum dressed me in them all the time as a kid, so nostalgia is strong XD)

But yeah, here's hoping a modder will restructure a child's version of the dress.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »

@dogzdinner I think it'll be an issue for some players. Gamechangers were made to reduce the number of harvestable plants/planters they had on their lots to just a few because of the performance hits the plants caused. The birds, new large planting squares, and chickens are all likely to cause lag for lower end machines at least.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    edited July 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »

I miss a new toilet too. Not everyone owns Vampires. So when you play off the grid you have only one toilet from the basegame.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top