Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you like to use Get Together?

moomoo Posts: 81 Member
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how people tend to implement Get Together into their gameplay? I think the premise of it is really interesting, but I'm not great at coming up with ideas for clubs etc whilst I know others use it all the time. I think this is an issue I have with any packs that are a bit more open-ended... for example, packs such as Discover University and Get to Work have very clear-cut gameplay goals, whereas packs such as packs like GT, Eco Lifestyle and Parenthood have a lot more possibilities for how they add to the game but I just don't seem to be creative enough to incorporate them so much!

Anyway, enough rambling from me- looking forward to hearing some of the fun ways you utilise GT in your gameplay :blush:
Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Get Together is only installed in my game because I like the closets. That's it and that's all.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love the clubs, and I have a lot in my game. Many of them have designated hangouts in the various community lots, which ensures they are always populated with interesting sims. For instance, I have a club called "The Giggle Gaggle" which is made up my highest level comedians (you have to be a goofball and have some comedy skill to join). Their hangout is the Blue Velvet in Willow Creek, where they each take turns trying new material for each other. Their activities are Be Funny to Everyone, Perform Comedy and Drink Bar Drinks. More than once I have taken sims on a date to a comedy club, because I can be sure that there will always be someone performing standup at the microphone.

Some other clubs I have are the Pro Gamers (they hang out at my arcade), the Amateur Theatrical Society, (a club of aspiring actors), Animal Kind (a club of strange people who pretend to be bears and raccoons), The Helping Hands (a club of good sims who garden, fix broken objects and clean), Karaoke Legends (a club of wannabe singers who hang out at one of the Karaoke Bars), the Little Picassos (a club of children who like to draw), the Masterpiece Makers (a club of professional, level 10 artists who paint a lot of masterpieces), Museum Mavens, a club of artistically inclined but not very skilled sims who like to hang out in museums, Organized Crime Syndicate (a club of criminals who like to do mischievous and mean things to other sims; I wish they could gamble, money launder and do more serious crimes but sadly it is the Sims), Pampered and Perfect, (a club of wealthy women who hang out at the Spa and get massages or do yoga), Poetry in Motion (a club of teens and children who aspire to be figure-skaters and who hang out at my ice rink), and many more.

I could go on but this is probably enough. Basically, I have clubs for every skill and hobby, as well as some town improvement clubs for the various neighborhoods who hang out in parks (where I mostly have community gardens) and take care of them. I also have clubs that comprise some extended families or that are made up of former friends who have moved away but still keep in touch. Clubs are a great way to have sims socialize easily, keep their relationships up, and meet a lot of people. They also add a lot of life and fun to community lots in my game.
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    If I recall correctly in THIS topic there's a very interesting discussion with lots of club ideas for GT from creator of Dizzy Isy save file (according to topic she has 118 of them).

I do not have that much clubs in my game but I find them very useful in many situations. Overall I use clubs in two ways. Clubs I do not control actively, existing mostly for play-pretend activities around different lots in town. Clubs I start with active sims to achieve certain goals be it skilling or a way to force them into certain activities.

Here are some I use:
    1) A club for a pretend band (until we have real ones). I set a specific Bar as hangout for them so whenever another sim visits there's a chance these guys will star a "gig".
    2) A couple of clubs for schools. One for kids and one for teens. So when I want to have a day with my sims in "school" out of the rabbit hole I can start classes with these clubs. Homework and skilling bonuses sure helps.
    3) Clubs to imitate "employees" of various town buildings. For example I have a bank in my save and a club with PC activity and set uniforms. So each time my sim visits a bank they spawn there, change into their "professional" clothes and occupy all PC's I set at the tellers places. Making it look like they are really working there. Same works for false restaurants where you can have a club for "waiters" with set uniforms and cleaning activities. And so on.
    4) Since we still don't have attraction sometimes I set a temporary club for YA's with activity set to romantic interactions to see if some of them will form any relationships.
    5) Family clubs for chores. If I say want a certain day to be a day kids are in charge of tiding up the house or perform some other tasks from mom but I do not want to constantly push them with parenting I just create a club for this.
    6) I play rotationally and I want to see some sims from my families playing certain assigned roles around town. I achieve this with clubs. Like I have a sim who I imagine is in a repair service. But if I hire a repair service random NPC will show up not my sim. So I've created a club for my Repair Man with repair activity who anyone can join. When another sim is in need of repairing he joins this club and start a club gathering at the home lot. My Repair Man arrive, do the stuff and then I just make active sim leave the club. And pay repairman money by giving him a money gift.
    7) Club for my Town Council. So that they can held meetings and debates. Sometimes I control it for the story/skilling purpose, sometimes they just make my fake Town Hall look functional. Also since I use a limited number of moded club activities I can organize "spontaneous" protests there Sims3 style.

The only thing I fail hard with Clubs so far - I can't force (mods or no mods) my Sims to proper interact with dogs in what I imagine is a a dog park. It irritates me so much that all the training equipment no matter the Lot Traits is always only used by active sims. I've tried to solve it with clubs but they still don't use it.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

I use them mostly for families. Like one family will drink coffee, watch tv, friendly actions, summer activities, and dance. All this is done at one of their homes. It keeps the relationship high. And I just like seeing the families get together.

Then I have a club for aliens. They use alien powers, programing, robotics, and handiness. Their hangout is a lab which is technically a library venue.

There's a club hosted by Nancy Landgraab. They're hackers, view art, and i think they can be kleptos? I can't remember all that they do but it isn't good! Their hangout is Rattlesnake Juice Restaurant that Nancy owns. So when you send your sims there to eat, eventually memebers of the club walks through to the kitchen and down the stairs to their hideout. I love it. :D

Book club- this club will be seen at any cafe to read and chat, drink coffee, and etc. Again when you send your sim to a cafe, the book club sims will eventually show up doing specific club activities.

Garden clubs. These sims visit parks to tend any gardening, play chess, look for frogs and fish.

Art club-painting, view art, scupting.

I just love seeing clubs gather at different venues when I play other sims. I soon need a candle making club and knitters club.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    I like to build a big party house and move in 8 Sims. I then get each Sim to start a club or join one and take control of it. I fill each club with 8 people, making sure they are not in any of the other clubs. Lastly, I have all the Sims start a gathering at the same time and watch the party! Unfortunately, not all the Sims will show up and I can't seem to find out the maximum # of Sims that can occupy a lot simultaneously. Google always tells me up to 8 residents can live on the same lot, which isn't what I'm asking.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    This was one of the first packs I got and has been in my game for a while. I play with the world, Windenburg. (Dark reference, anyone?)

I use the club system though not as much as I could. I created some of my own clubs that do exist in the game. I've also used it for family reunions for families that are spread across different homes. I've played with some of the pre-mades including the Bjergsens, the Villareals and Paolo Rocca, Joaquin, Sergio and Siobhan, etc. Most of those pre-mades ended up in my game.

Within the world, I have used some of the different locations; I send sims to The Bluffs or the other sites. I also have added the closets in some different places such as to a few bars and restaurants. I converted one of the bars into a restaurant in Windenburg in the more modern part of town. Windenburg and its characters form such a regular part of my game that I've definitely played with the pack a lot. I do tend to upgrade the furniture to newer content in that world.

Unique clubs that I have include a political society for current affairs and debate, a "paint and sip" club in San Myshuno for spray-painting and using the bar at the art gallery, the Boho Dreamers for more hippie-ish children and probably others.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited July 2021
    1.) Woohoo Clubs
    2.) Skill Learning Oriented Clubs
    3.) Matchmaking Club that allow my single sims to meet one another and help me determine good matches as I play rotationally.
    4.) Gardening Club. Mostly a Skill Learning Club but because they harvest the plants it allows me to share plants across households easier.
    6.) Rich Peoples Club
    7.) Celebrity Club

Edit: Also, I have family clubs for keeping family members together and keeping track of who's related to who cause the family tree is often broken or I lose data cause I have too many sims.
    Justa_G00f wrote: »
    I like to build a big party house and move in 8 Sims. I then get each Sim to start a club or join one and take control of it. I fill each club with 8 people, making sure they are not in any of the other clubs. Lastly, I have all the Sims start a gathering at the same time and watch the party! Unfortunately, not all the Sims will show up and I can't seem to find out the maximum # of Sims that can occupy a lot simultaneously. Google always tells me up to 8 residents can live on the same lot, which isn't what I'm asking.

@Justa_G00f : I believe 20 is the max of sims per lot.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I use clubs for family gatherings (eating, being friendly to other club members, etc), studying and leveling up skills fast, such as knitting, charisma, debating, comedy..., basically any skill. I buy the perks.
    For children I use clubs to make friends and play in parks. For teenagers I use it as a study club, party club and of course dating - to find possible spouse.

Sometimes when I feel naughty I create a club where the club activities are romantic interactions, kissing and woohooing.
    When I feel like doing mischef I create a cleaning club. I let the club members to clean up my sims' house for free while my sim is having fun.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    Thank you so much everyone for your ideas! Definitely has given me some inspiration to use in my game now! My current family is a famous actress, her semi-famous husband and they've just had a child. I think I will incorporate a celebrity club and maybe a pampering club for her, and for the dad something a bit more 'down to earth' as he seems to like the limelight less. Will also be nice to think of something for their son when he's a child, maybe something a bit rebellious as he doesn't like that he has famous parents!

One thing I've wondered- is the only way to create a club to have a sim you're playing create it? Or is there some option menu hidden somewhere that you can create them too? I'm guessing a specific sim does have to start it in order for there to be a leader, but thought I'd ask! I'm very clueless with this pack.
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
    moo wrote: »

One thing I've wondered- is the only way to create a club to have a sim you're playing create it? Or is there some option menu hidden somewhere that you can create them too? I'm guessing a specific sim does have to start it in order for there to be a leader, but thought I'd ask! I'm very clueless with this pack.

If you click Join a Club, it opens the Club Manager. At the bottom, click the Create a Club button. You'll then chose things that your club will do, the requirements, etc.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

Just confirming that 20 is the max number of sims that can be on a lot at the same time. that includes all sims walking by and any special sims such as barkeeps, etc.

You can increase this number with MCCC as well as the number of allowed sims in a club.

If you have a PC that can handle it, watching a 100 sims partying is something to see :joy:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    clubs really are such a robust and versatile addition to the game... i honestly wish more people understood that. so many seem to just use them to keep relationships from decaying... which, sure, is a decent use... but i love trying to create clubs designed to give more life to various lots, among other things...

(i do have a mod that adds a lot more club icons, which is a big help)

some examples below, under the spoiler tag:
    i've got exactly one bowling alley in my game, but it's got 3 clubs that hang out at it (thankfully they don't all seem to spawn at the same time every time)
    one is the rockin' rollers, the rockabilly trio on the art for the bowling stuff pack, along with a few other like-minded sims they'd added over time.
    the other two are both alien clubs (...i've got a lot of aliens in my game), one only has male members, the other only has female members

and the two karaoke bars each have at least one club for them (i replaced one san myshuno karaoke bar with a park with festival stages in it... should probably make a club of performers for it. and then turned the mt komerebi lounge into a karaoke bar)

planet honey pop in my game is the main hangout of one of my 'bad boy' clubs, made entirely of young asian criminals (...this is part of a larger web of clubs for the whole criminal empire that runs all of san myshuno... led by an ancient chinese vampire). i gave the place a basement full of things they'd like and they're basically there every time i send other sims. usually down in the basement together, sometimes coming up to sing.

there's also a club that goes to that bar just to sing, led by the karaoke legends premade household

the mount komerebi karaoke bar has a similar singer club, except it's primarily made of members of the business and salaryman careers

the pub in windenberg has two clubs, both created as sports freaks that go there, drink and watch sports, cheering on their favorite team... except each one prefers a different team and there can be altercations between them because of that (i set each one up to prefer a different color for their club outfits and added the 'be mischievous to (other club)' and 'be mean to (other club)' rules
    ...really should do similar to this one for the bar in britechester, esp if can get them to wear school-themed clothing

similarly, two of the three nightclubs in my game have clubs dedicated to attending them... and i probably should do similar for the third...

one of these nightclubs is vampire-themed, built in a converted church in windenberg. one club that has most of my goth and emo sims in it meets there... my 'rebel vampires' household and club also visits that place and starts mischief sometimes

the other nightclub is one of the lots in magnolia promenade... and i set that whole place up as an extension of sixam or sixam on sim-earth. all four lots are alien/sixam themed. the nightclub there is the hangout of one of my other 'bad boy' clubs (though it has female members), 'smug', made entirely of interstellar smugglers from the astronaut career. the top floor of the nightclub has a room that only this club can enter, where they stash all their ill-gotten gains that they intend to sell in the near future

i've done similar to that with the (very much updated) lounge in oasis springs. it's the home of a club of high-end criminals led by nancy landgraab. they also have a room set aside for their personal use that also shows off their trophies from around the world(s)

one of my museums is set up as a marine research center in sulani. i made a club, 'conserve and protect', entirely of conservationists and set up the rules to try and make it look like they're working there while everyone else is looking around

the bar in strangerville had a second floor added to it, only reachable from outside... and set to only allow access to another club. this one is made up entirely of conspiracy theorists created for the world (i made one of them playable, he runs the club and lives in the trailer park across from the bar). their club room is full of conspiracy posters and books, listening devices, computers, a partially constructed whiteboard and more. they're basically always writing when there, either on the computers or (very occasionally) in their journals

...there's a lot more than this, but that should get the point across... one of my biggest uses of the club system is just to look at various commercial/community lots and figure out something that'll make them feel more alive, something sculpted specifically to that location in some way

i've also got family-focused clubs, of course. esp for the families that extend to multiple households now (one family even has two clubs, it's so big. one member is in both, so she can trigger both gatherings at once if i play her). and have career-focused or skill-focused ones, as well. some of those actually double as 'background clubs' like those listed above ('conserve and protect' is an already listed example)

and then, for windenberg proper... the chalet got redesigned and is now my go-to spot for most sims getting married. even with the ghosts.
    i've also set up one of the two vet offices in my game there, this one owned by one of my played sims, a vampire. she's one of those 'good vampire' sorts and tries not to feed on people, instead she ensures every animal she treats gets treated via surgery (as vampires have an 'extract plasma pack' option when treating animals at the surgery station).
    and the island is set up as a spellcaster retreat, of sorts. it's home to a lot of 'the weird stuff'. a few elves (including a drow), my plantsim household, a spellcaster based on the love interest from 'nightmare before christmas', and even has an enchanted floating castle on the 64x64 that has a mermaid and a few spellcasters (one a jungle adventurer tomb guardian skeleton) and their bodyguard/manservant
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Honestly? Widenburg and closets. Or maybe I should say BB generally. I wasn't really infatuated with the idea of clubs from the reveal and I never got that way after playing with them. They are powerful and can be useful, as well as are something special to 4, but I very rarely use them practically speaking.

Every time I come up with a proper club idea, it is to organize a large numbers of Sims so clubs are immediately inapplicable. Plus I've tried to do things like kid/teen clubs. School gets in the way every time.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    I use get together to;

- Find elligible singles in my area (as I use MCCC)
    - Create mayhem and mischief
    - Boost a particularly tedious skill (I.E rock climbing, though that's all moot now since Mt. Komorebi expeditions are corrupted in all new saves)

Honestly, the replay value of clubs is a bit meh.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I use them so kids, teens, and young adults can form friendships and possibly romantic interests when older. Plus the odd other group of people with special interests.
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I created a big public orchard (lot type: generic) with way too many plants for my gardening-loving Sim to tend alone. So I had her create a gardening club to draft other townies into helping her. :p
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    If I recall correctly in THIS topic there's a very interesting discussion with lots of club ideas for GT from creator of Dizzy Isy save file (according to topic she has 118 of them).

I do not have that much clubs in my game but I find them very useful in many situations. Overall I use clubs in two ways. Clubs I do not control actively, existing mostly for play-pretend activities around different lots in town. Clubs I start with active sims to achieve certain goals be it skilling or a way to force them into certain activities.

Here are some I use:
    1) A club for a pretend band (until we have real ones). I set a specific Bar as hangout for them so whenever another sim visits there's a chance these guys will star a "gig".
    2) A couple of clubs for schools. One for kids and one for teens. So when I want to have a day with my sims in "school" out of the rabbit hole I can start classes with these clubs. Homework and skilling bonuses sure helps.
    3) Clubs to imitate "employees" of various town buildings. For example I have a bank in my save and a club with PC activity and set uniforms. So each time my sim visits a bank they spawn there, change into their "professional" clothes and occupy all PC's I set at the tellers places. Making it look like they are really working there. Same works for false restaurants where you can have a club for "waiters" with set uniforms and cleaning activities. And so on.
    4) Since we still don't have attraction sometimes I set a temporary club for YA's with activity set to romantic interactions to see if some of them will form any relationships.
    5) Family clubs for chores. If I say want a certain day to be a day kids are in charge of tiding up the house or perform some other tasks from mom but I do not want to constantly push them with parenting I just create a club for this.
    6) I play rotationally and I want to see some sims from my families playing certain assigned roles around town. I achieve this with clubs. Like I have a sim who I imagine is in a repair service. But if I hire a repair service random NPC will show up not my sim. So I've created a club for my Repair Man with repair activity who anyone can join. When another sim is in need of repairing he joins this club and start a club gathering at the home lot. My Repair Man arrive, do the stuff and then I just make active sim leave the club. And pay repairman money by giving him a money gift.
    7) Club for my Town Council. So that they can held meetings and debates. Sometimes I control it for the story/skilling purpose, sometimes they just make my fake Town Hall look functional. Also since I use a limited number of moded club activities I can organize "spontaneous" protests there Sims3 style.

The only thing I fail hard with Clubs so far - I can't force (mods or no mods) my Sims to proper interact with dogs in what I imagine is a a dog park. It irritates me so much that all the training equipment no matter the Lot Traits is always only used by active sims. I've tried to solve it with clubs but they still don't use it.

Thank you very much for number 3!!! I have given up on building my own custom buildings based on lot types not available in the game because sims won's spawn and do it anyway (for example there will be no DJ that is going to be spawned if you put a DJ Booth in the Pool Lot type. Unless you paid them which is unrealistic. So thank you for this!!
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I've been playing Sims3 mostly, but when I did play 4, I tended to use clubs like cheats because you can make a club where the sole purpose is to fix things and clean, and then invite a houseful of people over who will fix everything broken and clean everything dirty.

When I had a homeless Sim who could never get needs met, I finally gave in and accepted an invitation to the Upper Crusts, because then I got to go into the Bjergsens' nice home, eat my fill of great food for free, get warm, use the bathroom and wash up at the sink, watch TV and even nap on the sofa just because I called a club gathering. It did defeat the purpose of the challenge though, so I had to start over without such unrealistic shortcuts.

Need the dream of an instant social and even romantic life? Make a club, and the whole world is suddenly your friend or cuddle partner.
    And the members will do all the activities whether they want to or not, whether it's consistent with their personalities or not.

So it also made the game silly and meaningless. If it were to be more realistic, Sims would have their own real lives even when my Sim isn't interacting with them, such that even getting a club to gather would be a monstrous headache because everyone would have schedule conflicts all the time. Like in real life. So on second thought, scrap that idea.

But yes, clubs were an instant get-around for almost any need, including the need to cultivate relationships first. Instant Friends, Just Add Club!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I only just started to try and use clubs and I haven't done much yet. The only thing I've done is I made a summer camp for my children sims in granite falls. I think I had to set the lot type to generic.

But I do plan to try and make clubs to make certain venues feel more alive. One thing I want tho is more club activities. There is still no club activity for mermaids and I can't seem to find any mods that add more club activities so yeah.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Windenburg is still one of my favorite worlds for sims to live in.
    Gallery ID: LDM2

Just confirming that 20 is the max number of sims that can be on a lot at the same time. that includes all sims walking by and any special sims such as barkeeps, etc.

You can increase this number with MCCC as well as the number of allowed sims in a club.

If you have a PC that can handle it, watching a 100 sims partying is something to see :joy:

What is MCCC? Watching a 100 Sim chaos party sounds like a lot of fun to me! I have a pretty darn good gaming laptop that I bought this year so that should be ok. Though the thing gets up to 198°F (92°C) as it is, while running Sims 4.

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't use it much. I don't use clubs much because they don't really work the way I'd like to. I only use them for children's clubs and sometimes for couples to have romantic time together so that they don't need to be told what to do, but often they still don't do the club actions.
    I have few Sims living in Windenburg, but it's a very laggy world, especially bigger lots and it's very annoying.
    Also having a dog is a pain in Windenburg because even short walk with them is so long that if a Sim's energy isn't 100 % full it's not guaranteed that the Sim will ever retun back home. My Sims have often collapsed on the way because they're too exhausted to get back. Then it's impossible to get them home without cheating because they're too tired and collapse over and over again. This doesn't happen on all lots, though, the town area works fine.
    I'm not the biggest fan of Get Together, but I still like it better than Eco Lifestyle and DHD.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I played with Get Together a lot back in 2015, I don't play much with clubs now but some of the clubs that I have left are workout clubs, yoga clubs and dance/party clubs. I use them mostly to fill community lots with people.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

What is MCCC? Watching a 100 Sim chaos party sounds like a lot of fun to me! I have a pretty darn good gaming laptop that I bought this year so that should be ok. Though the thing gets up to 198°F (92°C) as it is, while running Sims 4.

MCCC = MC Command Centre

Its a script mod that allows you to configure a huge variety of options - Enjoy :grin:

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

MC Command Centre. It's a complex mod suite by Deaderpool that can do everything from removing the Tragic Clown to making NPCs partner up and have babies to increasing the number of Sims who can be on a lot.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.