Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok

This ok message has been appearing in my game for some time now, and I have no idea about what it's suppose to mean. The message just has one word, and that word is ok. And it only appears in the messages that roll across the bottom of the screen during the load screen. Does anyone have any idea as to what this ok message is suppose to mean?

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I have no idea what it's referring to and it's been doing that for me for a really long time, I play on a PC.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have no idea what it's referring to and it's been doing that for me for a really long time, I play on a PC.
    So this ok message doesn't just appear on the PS4. Sure would like to know what it's trying to say because just reading the word ok doesn't tell you squat.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited February 2021
    It shows up on all platforms.

It’s an in-joke and I believe it refers to one of the options you used to be able to choose from via an opportunity pop-up when free earbuds were offered by a company called Be Fit as a Fiddle. Free earbuds come with the My Fitness Stuff pack. The company’s phone call used to give the player two options:

Option 1:

OK

Option 2:

No, I don’t want free earbuds.

The community complained about the constant notification from the company so Maxis ditched the phone call. Now these “options” only exist in your loading screen. The free earbuds are just added to your sim’s inventory, or you can buy them via BB.

It’s an in-joke and I believe it refers to one of the options you used to be able to choose from via an opportunity pop-up when free earbuds were offered by a company called Be Fit as a Fiddle. Free earbuds come with the My Fitness Stuff pack. The company’s phone call used to give the player two options:

Option 1:

OK

Option 2:

The community complained about the constant notification from the company so Maxis ditched the phone call. Now these “options” only exist in your loading screen. The free earbuds are just added to your sim’s inventory, or you can buy them via BB.
    I don't see how the 2 can be related since I get both ok and I don't free earbuds message. But I do remember that you were given the choice of getting free earbuds or not. These days, I get free earbuds rather I want them or not.
    sunman502 wrote: »

Option 1:

OK

Option 2:

I don't see how the 2 can be related since I get both ok and I don't free earbuds message. But I do remember that you were given the choice of getting free earbuds or not. These days, I get free earbuds rather I want them or not.

Perhaps someone else can offer a better explanation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Option 1:

OK

Option 2:

Perhaps someone else can offer a better explanation. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Maybe, say like one of the Gurus perhaps would chime in here and give us some insight as to what this ok message is suppose to mean.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Maybe this is not the answer, but I want to believe that OK is the answer to all the questions/suggestions that we have asked the development team to react to. 😉😆
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I think ok is more of an answer that we all give online mostly when we don't want to engage. It's like a "younger persons" response ever so nonchalantly.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
    edited February 2021
    If ok is an answer, then why put it on the message board in the game?
    For fun? Gurus try to follow trends all the time.

I say OK when I don't have anything else to say in an argument or hoping someone would stop responding and just say ok.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

Khrisstyne wrote: »

I say OK when I don't have anything else to say in an argument or hoping someone would stop responding and just say ok.
    The one problem with that is that this message board is filled with messages to let players know what they can do in the game. Such as letting players know that they can have their sim adopt an infant by using the computer or live dragging a plate to the trash can to clean the dishes or keep unwanted guess at bay by looking the doors and so on. And I don't see how ok can fit into this without further explanation.
    edited February 2021

The one problem with that is that this message board is filled with messages to let players know what they can do in the game. Such as letting players know that they can have their sim adopt an infant by using the computer or live dragging a plate to the trash can to clean the dishes or keep unwanted guess at bay by looking the doors and so on. And I don't see how ok can fit into this without further explanation.

I understand what you are saying because the point of the main screen is supposed to be helpful information but they tried to be cool and funny. There is not much further explanation for it. You will get a similar response from the team if they answer.

I don't know what else to say. And here's where I would normally input ok 😂 because I have no other response to give you.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com

edited February 2021
    That’s all it is. A little joke. For fun. Like Reticulating Splines...
    OK.
    A simmer either gets the joke or not.
    You could @ a simguru and ask about it, but all they’d be doing is trying to explain the joke. There’s nothing else to it.
    I believe it takes a certain level of involvement with the game for someone to be able to get it, perhaps? I’m sure many, many people have no clue as to what it means.

It’s like needing to change position to be able to see something that’s impossible to see from the current angle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    OK is an abbreviation, but I can see it being a little bit of fun, too. Glad to have this mystery cleared up. I do prefer things such as Reticulating Splines, though. Okay? ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    I've been seeing the 'Ok' and 'I don't want free earbuds' messages coming up for as long as I can remember and always wondered what this was about! Now I know, lol.

I understand what you are saying because the point of the main screen is supposed to be helpful information but they tried to be cool and funny. There is not much further explanation for it. You will get a similar response from the team if they answer.

I don't know what else to say. And here's where I would normally input ok 😂 because I have no other response to give you.
    Sometimes jokes don't work so well, even a professional comedian will tell you that. Or ok could be like you said a space filler. But they just released Paranormal. And they can always fill that space with message letting you know that you can always call on Guidry to help you deal with the haunted house experience.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it's an inside joke or something I don't know. I don't understand it either.
    I think it's an inside joke or something I don't know. I don't understand it either.
    If it is an inside joke, I wish that they would let us in on the joke instead of leaving us in the dark about what Ok was suppose to mean.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    If it is an inside joke, I wish that they would let us in on the joke instead of leaving us in the dark about what Ok was suppose to mean.

It was explained on twitter a while back now by a guru, Graham I think, but I can't remember what was said. I don't get it personally lol.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

It's cool to try to find out what it is about for ourselves too.
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

It's cool to try to find out what it is about for ourselves too.
    Well I agree, it is cool to try and figure this out ourselves. But where do we start? We are left with no clues and just the word OK. I feel like I'm playing a game of Name that Song with just one word of the song as a clue here.
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Maybe it's their version of a 404 error? IDK.
    6JSxk49.png?1
    edited July 2021
    Maybe it's their version of a 404 error? IDK.
    It's either on there for a reason in which none of us outside of Maxis knows, or it's a typo on their part.