Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The cow/llama shed door is a black hole: Looks Dreadful, Needs Updated

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    This thread makes me wonder what the poor animals will do when it is bitter cold or when there is a dangerous storm, if you have Seasons installed. Will they disappear into those black holes to hide in their sheds for the duration? Or stand shivering in the bitter cold?

I hope we can make them a blanket to wear.

That would be great.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    My plan is to build my own sheds and shrink the actual shed down inside it.

I'll have an archway for the animals to enter and so I have clicking access to the downsized shed for any interactions like mucking it out.

What if sizing down the shed sizes down the cow? 🤔

That would suck. Although I feel like the cows/llamas would probably stay their original size even with a sized down shed. I have no concrete reasoning for that, just a hunch. You could totally be right about it. We'll just have to wait and see
    Post edited by SappySifaka on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Hey, @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruConor @SimGuruMrE @SimGuruRomeo @SimGuruPopcorn ...

If any of you are out there, can you please take a look at this? I feel like once we're playing in game it's going to be quite noticeable and distracting. I figure since release is more than a month away, maybe there's still time to make adjustments? Please and thank you. :)

Also, please see @CAPTAIN_NXR7 's post where he gave a good suggestion using the Sims 3 barn entrance as an example.

(I might just be shouting into the void, but it's worth a shot, lol.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I don't think I mind that gap enough to worry. Tonight I started planning what households should have cows, llamas and chicken, but I gave up because we know so little. I agree that 2 cows per shed would be nice, but I guess my sims will have their hands full with just one cow. This concept is not industrial, and with all those other chores I thin k there would not be time for one household to deal with many cows. Because we also want them to have the llama and chicken. And bee hive, and befriended rabbits and fox. And birds. And alligators. And a granny knitting. And yet I have not mentioned the crops for eating, selling and preserving. Yupp, I don't see any reasons to have more cows than grannies.

I'd like to know more about the produce. Like if milk can only be sold/consumed as milk, or can we also produce butter and cheese? How cool would it be to add herbs etc to that cheese, and maybe a few recipes would need to be stored for a couple years. How about the milk, can we serve a glass of milk from a bottle, or is it just a generic ingredient in the fridge? How about those eggs - will there be small boxes with 6 eggs, or will we need to sell them 1 egg at the time. I'd like some farms to specialize, and ex change produce. Have some of my eggs and I'll get some of your milk. Will it be possible to gift more than 1 egg at the time? And if an egg hatches, can the chicken be sold for more than the average egg? And those cow/llama sheds, I noticed some hay on the short end of the build, will the animal walk over to eat or is it only decor?

Phew, I long top learn more about preserving, too. Hopefully the team will enlighten us shortly.

PS: How do you guys think about llamas in Oasis Springs? I imagine RL llamas are kept in chilly mountain districts. Will the wool make it too hot in OS? Maybe StrangerVille is better for them?

PS2: I can't wait to place a rabbit home and a bird tree on the main lot at Granite Falls. That forest really needs some wild life ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I'll have an archway for the animals to enter and so I have clicking access to the downsized shed for any interactions like mucking it out.

That actually sounds adorable. It will be our solution to not having actual calves in the game! :)
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    turn those sheds into public bathrooms and we have a deal
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

That would suck. Although I feel like the cows/llamas would probably stay their original size even with a sized down shed. I have no concrete reasoning for that, just a hunch. You could totally be right about it. We'll just have to wait and see

I up and down size things a lot. When it comes to objects, a big question is, is there an object tied to it? The majority of the time, any thing attached which can change state or move tends to not down size with it. Examples would be, if you downsize a cauldron the contents do not downsize. If you down size a candle, the flame remains in the same position above the candle and looks like it is floating. This makes me hopeful that the animals will not down size with the barn, as they have actions independent of the barn.
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited June 2021
    If the barn downsizes and the cow doesn't, I think it will look weird if the cow tries to get in the barn. Then again she may just disappear. They may have left the door like that because the cow will stick her head out.
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    lori171957 wrote: »
    If the barn downsizes and the cow doesn't, I think it will look weird if the cow tries to get in the barn. Then again she may just disappear. They may have left the door like that because the cow will stick his head out.

I think if we were to build a player-made shed around the sized-down shed object this could be remedied. I imagine the cow will [probably] be disappearing into a black hole anyway. If the player-built shed is big enough then the disappearing animation could be entirely masked by the structure. So even if the cow disappearing looks weird, we wouldn't really be able to see it happening. Of course, we'll probably have to ensure that the shed is still big enough to easily click on bc there will likely be some number of interactions tied to the shed itself.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    After watching the new trailer, the woohoo interaction with the barn looks ridiculous. It looks like they got pulled into a black hole :D

They really need to fix that.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    After watching the new trailer, the woohoo interaction with the barn looks ridiculous. It looks like they got pulled into a black hole :D

They really need to fix that.

I think it looks creepy. It's like the cow is emerging from (drumroll) the Portal.

...and now I'm wondering what to call it. The Portal of Doom? Nah. The Portal of Dread? Nah. The Portal of Manure? uh...well, that is what you'd find in a cowshed. :* How about the Portal of Deadly Stench? Cause fresh cow manure is pretty rank - I don't know about llamas.

For Woohoo of course, we'd call it the Portal of Love - and it still looks creepy, like maybe they won't come back out, or if they do, one of them will be...a skeleton!

OK, I'll be nice. The Portal of Sweet Cow (or Llama) Dreams. o:)
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Seriously how hard would have been to make it a real door, like the closet or something? Door opens, sim (or in this case, the animals) go inside, door closes, then they exit.

Lazy, Lazy, L.A.Z.Y - LAZY.

$40!!!!!! And they couldn't even put in a proper "barn door" for the animals.

I'm a little turned off by this, actually.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I'll just paint my llama black, and the door to its shed will look much better on him :)

More than a better door, I'd hope for an additional version of the sheds, not just color swatches but a version that would work better with farms in more modern worlds. It should be quite easy because the animations could be the same, but we could have some variety.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Isharell the Portal of Deadly Stench? Lol, reminds me of the bog of eternal stench from Labyrinth.

I'm gonna call it Shelob's Lair.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Abyss of the Animal Shed.
    The Realm of the Animal Shed.
    Yeah Ok I'm just being silly. :D
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2021
    That thing gives me nightmares……it looks like a black hole. Also it looks so fake/unrealistic…
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I hope people are really, really loud about this or else we'll end up with the ball pit 2.0.

Yep even the Game Changers are saying how bad this looks.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    After seeing the gameplay trailer I am genuinely unbothered by this detail. But that's just me I guess.

I'm more bothered that yet again they reused the closet Woohoo animation from Get Together. See also: shower Woohoo in DU.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Someone post an example of a Looney Tunes black hole lol
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    After seeing the gameplay trailer I am genuinely unbothered by this detail. But that's just me I guess.

Same, strangely I'm not as bothered by it as I thought I would be. Am kind of annoyed that they reused the closet woohoo animation, but I'm starting to get beyond the level of caring about reused animations.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    If we place some bead curtains above it, it won't look so bad. There is no depth to it, it's simply a point where the cow enters and exits the shed box. Maybe we'll be able to add some 1 tile wall extension where the entrance is to hide the black entry point and give the entrance some depth.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Building our own would've been more ideal.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Building our own would've been more ideal.

Yes, but that would require animations for inside the barn and for the animals to be smart enough to figure out the layout and pathing inside.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited July 2021
    Seeing it again in the new trailer, it's so bad that I don't feel like playing any of the Llamas or cows because of it - also I don't like the look of the shed - they only made ONE style and with that ugly black hole. They could have easily made a simple laying down animation - I mean they should do that anyway - what if we don't even get a lying down animation when the animals are outside of the shed?!!! I'm shocked how bad that is. 😱
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---