Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Haven't read this yet but wanted to wish you luck with your moving it's not a fun game. :s I know how you feel and whenever you can get to take a break enjoy it! I will enjoy this chapter later today when I have more time. :)<3
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @haswh wrote: »
    Haven't read this yet but wanted to wish you luck with your moving it's not a fun game. :s I know how you feel and whenever you can get to take a break enjoy it! I will enjoy this chapter later today when I have more time. :)<3

Thanks so much! Crossing my fingers for a smooth move.
    edited June 2021
    Well now that one had me on the edge of my seat! :|:o
    Walker was working hard to get this! I just hope that Paul's dad will let him go forward with it! I really hope things go well with Walker and Sam. I guess he will be moving in if they do. :)
    On word press someone said maybe this Laurie is Sam's mom. I sure hope not that would open up a whole other kettle of worms! :#
    Well now that one had me on the edge of my seat! :|:o
    Walker was working hard to get this! I just hope that Paul's dad will let him go forward with it! I really hope things go well with Walker and Sam. I guess he will be moving in if they do. :)
    On word press someone said maybe this Laurie is Sam's mom. I sure hope not that would open up a whole other kettle of worms! :#

Oh my! Lol.
    Laurie does sound like she could be her mother! Lol. But not likely. She has her hands full. Yes, let’s hope they can make it work. And Walkers bound and determined to be in Del Sol Valley no matter what. He might just have to really suck it up!
    Oh my --- and 6 weeks later still no new chapter. :bawling: This whole selling our house and packing and moving is kicking my backside worse than I imagined! Ugh. But we have our house sold, and the new one should be ready in about 6 weeks then we are off on vacation shorty after. More real life interfering. Boo.

And then when I could finally work on my chapter the new EP dropped with lots of mod breaking changes. Grrr. So I am now downloading mods so I can login and finish my screen shots for the next chapter. Happy dance! :joy: I hope everyone hasn't forgotten me....I miss you guys!
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    @AudreyFld It's good to hear from you. Neither you nor your characters are forgotten <3

It is understandable that moving and house sales is a big task.
    In addition, a very large part of the simlit community is on hiatus now. Here, summer is heading towards autumn.
    I look forward to new chapters when autumn and winter force us indoors again.
    @AudreyFld It's good to hear from you. Neither you nor your characters are forgotten <3

It is understandable that moving and house sales is a big task.
    In addition, a very large part of the simlit community is on hiatus now. Here, summer is heading towards autumn.
    I look forward to new chapters when autumn and winter force us indoors again.

Thanks for understanding and you’re right, the stories are coming much slower. 😔
    Has it been six weeks! :o No worries and just take care of what you need to do and enjoy your well deserved vacation when it's all done! <3

Has it been six weeks! :o No worries and just take care of what you need to do and enjoy your well deserved vacation when it's all done! <3

Thanks! ❤️ We are on the down side for a few weeks so I hope to get a chapter out. It’s 2/3 of the way finished. Just gotta get the rest of the shots today.
    Okay peeps! Believe it or not, this post isn’t to say I’m sorry for delaying chapters but to post the next one! However, I am sorry it’s been so long between them.

Chapter 4.77 - Jealousy - Walker moves in with Sam and tries to work out how to deliver on his promise to Triple A

Walker makes good on his promise to watch Sam filming

NTC56Gn.png
    That was worth the wait for sure! :)
    I think everyone posted on wp but here I am all alone but just in case there is someone else, I put a spoiler. I loved this chapter! <3 Sam and Walker are getting to close to each other and doing well in their relationship. Even with all the glitches.
    Maribel loved that someone got sick and they had to change the scene. I could feel her gloating even from over here!!
    Poor Walker that was hard on him but I think he handled himself well! Sam offering to be a model for Walker's new company was perfect! I sure it hope it works out. (although I think Mari will try to cause a stink! :s

Glad your house sold and I hope everything goes perfect for you. So far so good. <3 Really? No arguments with you and your hubby! :o Good on you guys! 👍 I can't even imagine moving after the 25 years we have been here! :scream:
    haswh wrote: »
    That was worth the wait for sure! :)
    I think everyone posted on wp but here I am all alone but just in case there is someone else, I put a spoiler. I loved this chapter! <3 Sam and Walker are getting to close to each other and doing well in their relationship. Even with all the glitches.
    Maribel loved that someone got sick and they had to change the scene. I could feel her gloating even from over here!!
    Poor Walker that was hard on him but I think he handled himself well! Sam offering to be a model for Walker's new company was perfect! I sure it hope it works out. (although I think Mari will try to cause a stink! :s

Glad your house sold and I hope everything goes perfect for you. So far so good. <3 Really? No arguments with you and your hubby! :o Good on you guys! 👍 I can't even imagine moving after the 25 years we have been here! :scream:

Glad you enjoyed it. The next chapter is the dinner and it’s going to be sooooo fun! Lol.
    I love the way Sam and Walker and evolving within their relationship. It’s been good for both of them. Maribel was certainly gloating! And who said she just ‘happened’ to get sick…. Hmmmm. .

Yes. I think in all the years we’ve been married, we’ve figured out fighting doesn’t get anything accomplished. Lol. Or I’m just super lucky to have such a sweet hubby! ❤️
    Hey ya’ll! I’m still around. 😁 I received the notification below from Word Press which totally took me by surprise and blew me away.

I want to thank everyone that has read New Beginnings and continues to read it. ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗. I love you all.

I know I’ve slowed down but I’m not gone. My family is being uprooted and moving 250 miles from where we’ve called home for the past 30 years to take care of my mother. My husband is a total saint. 😇 We move in 3 weeks. 😱😱😱. And while I have several chapters written I can’t get to my PC to play Sims and grab screen shots. 😢😢😢

❤️❤️❤️ Thank you again for all your support. ❤️❤️❤️

4pkUCNq.jpg
    Congratulations! <3 Three weeks and then unpack and get back to real life. Take your time, moving is hard work both emotionally and physically! Looking forward to when you get some normalcy. :)
    Hi Everyone! 🖐 I can't believe it's been almost 2 months 🙄 since I last posted in here and nearly 3 months since my last chapter. I never dreamed my delay would be a true hiatus.

Well ... here's to say I 'm back! :blush: We are moved in and fairly settled, at least enough that I can now focus on Sims and New Beginnings once more. In preparation for my next post, I put together a short recap to refresh everyone with what was going on, which will be the prelude to the next chapter. Look for it all Friday morning, October 22nd.

Below is a sneak peak of my next chapter....

INNOLPY.png

1jR9OsW.png

As promised New Beginnings is back!!!.

So without further ado here is the next chapter with a short recap at the beginning … Chapter 4.78 - Dinner with the Enemy - Walker and Sam have dinner with her mom and stepfather.

Dinner is not so fun ….

BzflQvp.png

• mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Welcome back! Said this already but its worth saying again. Im so happy that you're back! ♥️ :)

Also late congratulations to 100k views! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you! 🥰
    Welcome back! Said this already but its worth saying again. Im so happy that you're back! ♥️ :)

Also late congratulations to 100k views! That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you! 🥰

Thanks. I’m very happy to be back, you have no idea! Moving isn’t fun! And I couldn’t believe when I got that notification and I wasn’t even actively pushing out chapters. It was a great milestone. Thanks for your support! ❤️
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Hooray for a new chapter and glad that the move was a success...
    Liking how Walker was able to handle Ragnar the Rotten and making it known that Ragnar the Rotten shouldn't mess with a man that threw his grandpa's old war medals off a bridge as a kid. Intrigued in how Ragnar finds out about Maribel sleeping with a younger man (likely Drake at this point).
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Hooray for a new chapter and glad that the move was a success...
    Liking how Walker was able to handle Ragnar the Rotten and making it known that Ragnar the Rotten shouldn't mess with a man that threw his grandpa's old war medals off a bridge as a kid. Intrigued in how Ragnar finds out about Maribel sleeping with a younger man (likely Drake at this point).

You always have great descriptions 😂😂😂😂
    I love your description of Walker and hooboy, if your prediction comes true, I wouldn’t want to be in Maribel’s shoes ….
    Welcome back! You were missed by me for sure! :)
    Thank you so much for the recap! It helped me out as my memory isn't what it used to be. :/
    And so on to the story. Mari is still Mari! :s>:) Although Ragnar has his own way of making her be quiet. The only way to describe the whole dinner is awkward and uncomfortable! I really enjoyed the very end when Sam stood up for herself! Go Sam!
    Looking forward to Friday and a new chapter!

Again welcome back! Hope all is well with you and your family! :)<3
    Welcome back! You were missed by me for sure! :)
    Thank you so much for the recap! It helped me out as my memory isn't what it used to be. :/
    And so on to the story. Mari is still Mari! :s>:) Although Ragnar has his own way of making her be quiet. The only way to describe the whole dinner is awkward and uncomfortable! I really enjoyed the very end when Sam stood up for herself! Go Sam!
    Looking forward to Friday and a new chapter!

Again welcome back! Hope all is well with you and your family! :)<3

Thank you! I’ve missed you guys too. Mari is still Mari and yes, Ragnar can quiet her for sure. She’s hanging on to him for dear life and he knows it. It even appears he’s somewhat tired of her ways. It was awkward and uncomfortable….but yay for Sam! Walker’s been good for her. 😊❤️

I hope Friday is the next day …. Maybe Saturday. 😬
    edited October 2021
    Happy Halloween! 🎃🎃 Here’s my treat or is it a trick? Lol

Walker secures the contract and Sam does the commercial in Chapter 4.79 - Jealousy Part 2.

The new face of Simmy Choo

C435chl.png

Fantastic chapter! <3 Sam needs an agent ASAP! I'm glad how Walker handled Sam and her jealousy . I guess it goes both ways, just shows how much they love each other. :)<3
    Fantastic chapter! <3 Sam needs an agent ASAP! I'm glad how Walker handled Sam and her jealousy . I guess it goes both ways, just shows how much they love each other. :)<3

Yes. It's crazy - Walker was jealous of Drake and now she's jealous of Laurie. I think they are both finally coming to terms with the different lifestyles and have to learn to trust one another. Showbusiness is a rough business. Yes, she desperately needs an agent. Crossing my fingers that goes well.