Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living: New Giant Produce

SimGuruRomeo mentioned new giant produce coming in Cottage Living in the Cottage Living Q & A. Now he didn't specify which plants will be tied to this new giant produce system. What I'm curious about and hoping to see in the Cottage Living livestream is if it's only the new plants that are coming in Cottage Living that's tied to this new system. Or will it be the new plants and old plants that are tied to this new giant produce system.

Comments

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    It looks like you have to use the new patches for giant produce. No mention of a skill or anything though. I hope you can use the new patches for any plants, as some of the old fruits and veg would be great to use. Fingers crossed.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited June 2021

Here's the tweet about the plants but I'm also curious to find out more.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

By "function slightly differently" does he mean "don't revert to dirt piles". :D
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

By "function slightly differently" does he mean "don't revert to dirt piles". :D

Let's hope that bug is finally fixed with an EP focusing on growing plants.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Hmm interesting...
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    SimGuruRomeo mentioned new giant produce coming in Cottage Living in the Cottage Living Q & A. Now he didn't specify which plants will be tied to this new giant produce system. What I'm curious about and hoping to see in the Cottage Living livestream is if it's only the new plants that are coming in Cottage Living that's tied to this new system. Or will it be the new plants and old plants that are tied to this new giant produce system.

There are 5 types of "oversized crops" listed in the blog. They are:
    • Mushrooms (new giant version, I guess)
    • Pumpkins
    • Watermelons
    • Aubergines
    • Lettuces
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2021
    Aubergines? I wonder if that's that eggplant looking vegetable that can be seen at the fair in the trailer.
    Aubergines? I wonder if that's that eggplant looking vegetable that can be seen at the fair in the trailer.

It is. It's the British (and I believe French) term. Which makes sense as it's a British world.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It is. It's the British (and I believe French) term. Which makes sense as it's a British world.
    I get that! But what does it look like? Is it like an eggplant, cabbage, a carrot, what?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

I get that! But what does it look like? Is it like an eggplant, cabbage, a carrot, what?

@EmmaVane meant that aubergine is the British/French word for eggplant. It’s like how British people call zucchini “courgettes” instead.
    edited June 2021
    QueenMercy wrote: »

@EmmaVane meant that aubergine is the British/French word for eggplant. It’s like how British people call zucchini “courgettes” instead.
    That's what I was wanting to know. Thank you QueenMercy for informing me that aubergine is an eggplant. :)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    I wonder is there's a new type of mushroom? I think the oversized mushroom shown in the image is brown and the normal edible mushrooms are white.

Edit: Sorry, EmmaVane just read your post.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’m thinking that these new garden patches are just for the 5 new types of produce that can grow bigly.
    Maybe having them on a completely different system than regular gardening means the coding won’t interfere with each other and hopefully that means less bugs. I feel like the bugs we have are from times in the past where they’ve added stuff to the same gardening system.
    Maybe the giant mushrooms will be portobellos?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    From the way the information was worded regarding children, I'm afraid they'll only be able to help on the new patches and the team didn't bother going back and making them able to tend the normal veg, flowers and low lying fruit.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So does that mean since we are getting pumpkins that we can finally have a pumpkin pie recipe?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I hope they’re adding more pie recipes since the blog does mention a pie contest, and it’d be kind of dumb to have one if the only pies you could bring were apple and cowplant.
    I hope they’re adding more pie recipes since the blog does mention a pie contest, and it’d be kind of dumb to have one if the only pies you could bring were apple and cowplant.

I see pumpkin pie being a thing. Chocolate pie too.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2021
    Umm Cowplant Pie? :D I am surprised vampires don't have blood pies. :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    yes , aubergine is French for eggplant, melanzane is italian for eggplant, I grew up only hearing them called by those names
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member

There are some pies available in the Baking Skill too, but I agree it would nice to have some more under cooking. I wish that they would include some uniquely British pies like Custard, Banoffee, Bakewell tart, etc (I could go on but I will restrain myself).
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The hermit's fertiliser from OR should be able to help produce big veggies.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    The hermit's fertiliser from OR should be able to help produce big veggies.

Is that an herbalism concoction?
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    yawn.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    It would be cool for the sims to be able to make Pumpkin Cakes, Pumpkin Loaves, Pumpkin Milkshakes, Pumpkin Ice Cream & Pumpkin Coffee with the Giant Pumpkins. Just a thought. ;)