Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of pack will the next pack be?

hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
What do you think will be next after Cottage Living? (Keep in mind that the last stuff pack was Paranormal (in January), last game pack was Dream Home Decorator (June 1st), last expansion pack other than Cottage Living, which will be released July 22nd, was Snowy Escape (in November), and last kit was Courtyard Oasis (in May) )
Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
Post edited by EA_Joz on

What type of pack will the next pack be? 158 votes

Kit
44%
Akl500Pauroraael14Goldmoldarrudy8292aelias24MsMaybabajaynencisGibbs02simgirl1010JestTruMindofycatloverplayerLizzychicagoSappySifakagreydonnmlmeadowsashcrash19KironideJoybearrHarukotyan 71 votes
Stuff Pack
38%
crocobauraIcewolfalexspoom13alan650111Isb917AnmirlafriendlysimmersrobyngravesloubyloulouDarkLady2788KennziKaigeLustianiciapajamajam07taydevRamblineRosejcp011c2SimmindipityBabykittyjadeLenaDietersChampandGirlie 61 votes
Game Pack
13%
neutralsidePlayerSinger2010Moon_WillowYautjagirlTorieFairy_HappyGracieO312EmmaVanesnoepjes1210Kajsa_liisaJon the WizardRedShoe7dreamprisonerJemmaTheSimmerlogionTTNsimmerjomilejDaWaterRatSimyimElizaG2016 22 votes
Expansion Pack
2%
KhrisstyneAbbyZGaudivadishailaputrii 4 votes

Comments

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I guess a stuff pack or a kit
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Kit
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get another kit before Cottage Living.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Kit
    I'm thinking it will probably be a kit.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Stuff Pack
    I'm guessing Stuff Pack because that's the next pack that's due.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Kit
    Definitely thinking it’ll be a kit. They said they’d be released regularly.

I hope it’s CAS kit.
    I need more vests variants for my men. Gorgeous evening wear for my ladies.
    More sunglasses too.
    Kids need more clothes!

Hopefully they’ll raise the limit to 30 to 35 items.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Game Pack
    I think it could be something that might take some time for them to finish since they have that offer where you get three additional items if you buy the Cottage Living EP before september 2nd so I don't expect them to release anything before that date.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Stuff Pack
    Hopefully a stuff pack in august. The team are have done really good stuff packs since moschino (my joint second favourite with tiny living) and the stuff packs seem to have more gameplay then some game packs. I’m now preferring the stuff packs over game packs the last gamepack I felt had a lot of content was strangerville.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Stuff Pack
    We haven't seen a Stuff Pack in a while, perhaps because a lot of what they once handled is now also something some Kits do (I like Kits - nice price point, and I can be selective about whether it's content I want).

We almost need to see a post-Kits Stuff Pack to distinguish what a Stuff Pack is to be, now, that Kits aren't. That is, if they mean to keep them in the mix.

This isn't a reflection on what I want the next pack to be - I am gung ho for a game pack treatment of Werewolves, and also think Elders deserve a spotlight - just what I think, based on the 2021 releases to date, is most likely after all the "Summer of Sims" stuff is out.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Stuff Pack
    I agree with stuff pack or kit. I think they'll churn out more kits than other packs because they have less items and gameplay. However, we ARE due for a stuff pack. Thank you for voting and/or replying.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Stuff Pack
    I also feel like we're due for a stuff pack, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a kit instead. What has been surprising is that there are so few kits so far - when they made the announcement, it sounded like there would have a couple of kits each month. If the idea is new, specialized content to pick and choose from, four total is not very many.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Stuff Pack
    Stuff.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Stuff Pack
    I don't know the difference between a kit or a stuff pack, but let's go with the latter. xD
    Stuff Pack
    @HavenRose yeah, me too!! We've only gotten one kit since the starting kits. @Stutum Stuff Packs tend to have a good balance of items and gameplay, while Kits usually have either items (Throwback Fit, Courtyard Oasis, Country Kitchen) or gameplay (Bust the Dust). Also, Stuff Packs are $10 (USD), and Kits are $5 (USD).
    Stuff Pack
    @simgirl1010 I would!! We just had a kit last month, and I sincerely doubt they'd release ANYTHING before Cottage Living.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Stuff Pack
    Probably a stuff pack... because I can honestly see a kit being released between now and Cottage Living. Kits are much faster and cheaper to create, so I'm sure we'll probably be seeing at least one before Cottage Living is released.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Kit
    I was gravitating towards stuff pack and main line I think this will be the case, but kits are supposed to be more frequent. There is a good chance we will see another before too long.
  • Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Kit
    I'm going with a kit pack as well just because team Maxis has announced that they would be produced regularly. Stuff packs have been released quite infrequently since My First Pet with sometimes taking a year in between so I have no idea if another one will be released anytime soon. We just had a game pack, and while we might be used to getting those at the end of summer as well, the Dream Home Decorator one was quite off schedule. I expected a game pack around February but it only got released a couple of weeks ago so I'm not holding my breath for another one in August. Country Living hasn't been released yet, however team Maxis has been reasonably consistent with an end of year November/December Expansion pack release.
  • Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,901 Member
    Game Pack
    I accidently voted game pack. I meant to vote stuff pack.

We just got the Designer Game Pack, and the Oasis something Kit and now the Cottage Living Expansion so the only thing we haven't gotten recently is a stuff pack.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    Kit
    I think after cottage living we will get a kit in August and then a GP in September (hopefully werewolves)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Kit
    I expect a kits they can pump those out without much effort.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Stuff Pack
    @hymnhehim OK, thanks for clearing it up. :)
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Stuff Pack
    I wouldn't be surprised if we get another kit before Cottage Living.

@simgirl1010 I was thinking the same thing!
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2021
    Kit
    Hard to predict. Probably won’t be surprised new kits might come next after Cottage Living. But, it could be the stuff pack might come next. Depend on what decision EA might do.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Kit
    Kit since this EP takes up a lot of resources
    Stuff Pack
    @Peral that makes a lot of sense! @Atreya33 an August kit sounds probable. @MsMay yeah, it is hard. @ChadSims2 I bet! @Fairy_Happy I agree! @Zims4 yeah! @Calico45 I agree.