Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care about PlantSims?

Comments

• IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    Yes!
    Plantsims are the lifestate I want to come back the most, in fact I was so disappointed and mad about that free "plantsim" challenge that I avoided playing the game for the whole time it was going on! And I've never tried playing with those fake plantsims and I don't think I ever will!
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No
    Sleeping, unconscious, or even dead sims are more interesting to me than plantsims.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    No
    Don't know enough about them to care.
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    edited June 2021
    No
    Perhaps if they had some useful abilities other than not having to cook, or more customisable aesthetics I’d be interested but they don’t which is a shame. Also, am I right in thinking they’re only available via cheats now in TS4? I think the item you needed to create them was a limited-time thing? (The magic beans) but is available via debug.

I would be more interested if they had an update eg:
    - New death/ghost type (ghost causes weeds to grow in its wake when I’m a negative mood)
    - New interactions, such as being able to create vines to restrain, or trip Sims, or generating flowers as gifts.
    Post edited by RySBI on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No
    Only ever saw them in a challenge a while back. That's where they should remain!
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    I couldn't care less about them.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Yes and no. While I like occults in general I just never had much interest for Plantsims. Though if some more care and effort was put into their implementation then that could change. They could be a nice contrast to vampires who traditionally are creatures of the night while plantsims are a complete opposite.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    No
    Nope, I couldn't care either way.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    I wont say that I dont care about plant sims, but they might as well not even exist in the game. They need some form of attention. I dont even know how to make one without cheats. They could've gotten an update of some form with Seasons or Eco Lifestyle.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No
    Onverser wrote: »
    They've always been my least favorite occult tbh. Playing as a fairy is fun, but playing as a vegetable? Not really something that appeals

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yes!
    I rarely even think about Plant Sims so it would have made sense for me to vote no, but I really enjoyed them in TS2 and TS3. Can’t remember why, but I had a lot of fun with them so I know they have some potential.
    Yes!
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Only ever saw them in a challenge a while back. That's where they should remain!

Now I don't know if you're uninterested in/against all types of occults, but if not and if you'd like to have werewolves or fairies (or any other occult), how would you feel if they got added in a free challenge? Ending up as very poor and pathetic parodies of their true lifestates...

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yes!

Yes I could care about Plant Sims but only under certain conditions.
    TS4 Plant Sims are not plant sims. They're a farce and a very green one at that.

Plant Sims as a type of Fae would interest me.
    For example, I could imagine a Fairy Game pack that offers different types of Fae, one of them being a plant/flower fairy that needs photosynthesis to stay alive. A Plant Fae that helps with gardening if a sim befriends it.

I haven't explored TS2 Plant Sims yet, but in TS3 I created a cute little one because I needed her for one of my stories.
    She isn't 100% Plant Sim, but a Fairy Hybrid thanks to a mod that I have installed.
    What I like about combining Fairy and Plant Sim is that they get the best of both worlds:

Plant Sim flower trail.
    Plant Sim flower kiss.
    Plant Sim Photosynthesis.
    Fairy Magic, including flight and the ability to shrink and live in a fairy house.
    Fairy Wings. Now, I'm not a not a fan of wings, so optional wings would be ideal.

Here's Daisy Earthsong, my TS3 Plant Fairy dressed in Plant Sim attire:

Photosynthesis:

Earthsong-02.jpg

Transformation after she pops out of the earth.

Earthsong-04.jpg

Flower Trail and caring for flora:

Earthsong-03.jpg

• jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    No
    I'm not even aware of plant sims until like a week ago. I never really care much about occults, except vampires because who doesn't like vampires.
    Yes!
    Onverser wrote: »
    They've always been my least favorite occult tbh. Playing as a fairy is fun, but playing as a vegetable? Not really something that appeals

Vegetable? They're plants, it's in their name! :#:D
    Now I don't know why it would be more appealing to play as an insect, suppose it has something to do with them having magical abilites...

And fairies are of course way more popular than plantpeople, but plantsims are rather unique for the sims franchise, so it's quite sad to see they don't get much love, neither from EA nor simmers! 💔
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes!
    I miss being able to have a sim grow a baby in the ground, it sucks that that was glitched in TS3 like so many other things.
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    No
    Not really, but I love the Aliens and Strangerville and not everyone enjoys those so it's cool to still see people who do enjoy them get them into the game and its a good pack to put them into.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Yes!
    RySBI wrote: »
    Also, am I right in thinking they’re only available via cheats now in TS4? I think the item you needed to create them was a limited-time thing? (The magic beans) but is available via debug.

That was the case for awhile, but at some point they unlocked several challenge objects in an update. Now the tree stump is unlocked and the special seeds can be randomly found in rare seed packs.

They probably noticed the complaints from players like me who were angry there was stuff they couldn't unlock in the catalogue. I've only been playing Sims 4 a little over a year and a half, so I missed all the challenges. There are a few I've read about that I wish they'd run again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, it's always great to have more variety. They weren't crazy fleshed-out in the Sims 2 but they fulfilled their purpose. I loved having some in my rotations.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I want me a Cactus Sim.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    Yes!
    At this point I wish they’d just add the coding to make it a permanent life state and not a temporary buff and I’ll be happy (so long as this is in addition to, not in place of more fully developed occults).
  • PlutohasaheartPlutohasaheart Posts: 25 Member
    Yes!
    I was unaware of them in Sims4 until finding this thread, but from what I've picked up from some of the comments here, they could definitely use some work, sounds like a lot of missed potential. I liked them in Sims2, wouldn't mind seeing a more fleshed out version in 4.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    No
    No, not really. But, I am not much into occult’s. I did want witches, but they aren’t like I expected, at some point I’m sure’ I’ll come around to playing them, I love the furniture from realm of Magic, and all the cute wands and brooms and things but the spells snd potions seem so recycled….I would like a proper witches hat without the spider too, I don’t use CC so I hope one will come in a kit.

I hope that all of you who want plant sims get them, and I hope they do them well for you. Happy Summing.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yes!
    I do wish the devs would make the Plantsim a full lifestate. Oh well. :'(
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    No
    I don't care too much about any occult sim.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif