Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is wrong with the Dream Home shoes? They look SOOOO BAD!!! (pics included)

DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
What is going on with the Dream Home packs shoes? Yikes, they look SOOO BAD!!! Especially the slip on heels. They look like really low quality CC. It's horribly upsetting, since those shoe style is so unique to the game and would be amazing if they didn't look so misshapened. I can't help but cringe everytime I see them. Has noone else even paid them any attention? Do the devs believe that looks good? Yikes. (The heels even stretch out my sim's ankle tattoo... now that is BAD!)

Dream-Home-Shoes-Yikes.png
Dream-Home-Shoes-Yikes-2.png
Dream-Home-Shoes-Yikes-3.png

Please, EA... fix these shoes!!!!

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Someone from The Sims Freeplay team moved on to The Sims 4?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I agree about the heels, the feets look stretched out. Was there something wrong with the boots too or did I misunderstand?
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you’re on PC, CC creators modified it to make it look more natural. It’s just interesting how CC creators accomplished this and the Sims team didn’t...
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    If you’re on PC, CC creators modified it to make it look more natural. It’s just interesting how CC creators accomplished this and the Sims team didn’t...

@Marnetti, do you have a link? I checked and couldn't find any CC fix for these shoes.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2021
    The toes look like theyve got dragged down. I observed some of this laziness too on some low-waist trousers... the belly button texture will get dragged down too..
  • Options
    @logion the boots make her ankles and calves slimmer than they actually are and make her feet much smaller than they actually are. They aren't as horribly done as the heels, clearly, but they are not right either.

@Marnetti I'd be interested in that link. I'm mostly a CC free simmer, and don't feel we should have to rely on unpaid creators to fix what EA should do right the first time, but I do love those heels and would love to be able to use them in my game - hopefully - until EA actually fixes the horrible item themselves.

@Yuna Which trousers are they? Male or female? Which pack? I'll go check them out.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    So, I'm not the only one that thought they looked odd. Good to know. I couldn't figure out what was off about them but now I see.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    @figgy Not sure if these are the ones Marnetti means, but I did find these. They look... better, I guess. Still odd, but I'd rather see this than what EA put out. Thought I'd toss you the link, too, in case you wanted it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/dream-decorator-51965627
  • Options
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    post a link to your bug report so people can find it if you make one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    @figgy Not sure if these are the ones Marnetti means, but I did find these. They look... better, I guess. Still odd, but I'd rather see this than what EA put out. Thought I'd toss you the link, too, in case you wanted it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/dream-decorator-51965627

Thank you both so much! These look absolutely amazing.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    These shoes clearly look ugly. I know that EA can do better. This should not be able to pass their quality control. At least the heals clearly shouldn't, it's obvious at first sight that they are messed up.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I love those heels. They really need to fix the stretching. 😭
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The first time I looked at these my feet started to ache! Ouch

I seriously thought it was just me that noticed this hahah
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    eeDAqpv.png
    I posted this picture in another thread a little while ago. Even when you resize the foot, it still looks bad. I really hope they fix this in the next patch, because I do like the look of these heels, but I'm not going to use them while they look like this.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Don't really mind when sometimes feet look smaller in the shoes like in those boots, but for the heels you can clearly see that the ankle is in the wrong place (pulled down) and that's why the tattoo is stretched.

Moschino heels remain the best shaped heels in the game to date for me.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I hate when my heels give me cankles.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I thought the feet looked too long in those shoes, too, which is a shame because I like them.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yeah when I went into CAS it's like the Sim didn't even have a ankle or just a cankle. They look uncomfortable. :#

Sad because I liked the look of them for some simple heels with a thicker heel and they're just...yeahhh.

They definitely want to remesh it. Feet look really long and even pulling them back to make them look smaller they looked even more awkward. It's like me putting my fat foot in a cute shoe that's clearly not my size.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options

@Marnetti Sadly, those CC shoes you shared are even worse than the EA ones. I noticed in CAS with those dallas girl shoes, that her feet were gone into the floor. I figured it might be a CAS glitch, because CC sometimes doesn't play nice with CAS.

But, nope. It happens in game, too. And this is exactly why we shouldn't have to rely on modders to fix EA's mess...

51245641934_e02647647b_b.jpg

While I (think) they'd look much better - guessing by how her heel looks nice... they are even more unplayable than EA's.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited June 2021

@Marnetti Sadly, those CC shoes you shared are even worse than the EA ones. I noticed in CAS with those dallas girl shoes, that her feet were gone into the floor. I figured it might be a CAS glitch, because CC sometimes doesn't play nice with CAS.

But, nope. It happens in game, too. And this is exactly why we shouldn't have to rely on modders to fix EA's mess...

While I (think) they'd look much better - guessing by how her heel looks nice... they are even more unplayable than EA's.

Those heels need some additional CC called sliders, it says so on her website. You need to use the non slider version.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Oh my goodness, what happened to her toes? :D
  • Options

crocobaura wrote: »

Those heels need some additional CC called sliders, it says so on her website. You need to use the non slider version.

There’s also a non slider version. The one @DivieOwl downloaded, needs a slider. That’s why it looks broken.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2021
    I know this doesn't add much to the thread but I abhor EA's shoes and never use them. That's why Madlen is one of my favs for shoes on TSR. EA's shoes are just plain 🐸🐸🐸🐸! >:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.