Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Cottage Living?

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Maybe, waiting for more info
    I'll get it if it's not too buggy.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Yes, on release day/pre-ordering
    Not exactly at release day, but close to it, most likely within a week or two. I pre-ordered Eco Lifestyle only to get a gamebreaking bug, not risking this again. (It was my first and so far only gamebreaking bug in this game, but even so, still scarred).
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I already pre-ordered it :)
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Not sure yet if it will be a pre-order or if it will just be before the September 2nd "early buyer" bonus ends, but at the moment, I don't plan to wait for a sale/bundle option. I just need timing and finances to line up right.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m too excited to not get it ASAP!
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    This pack looks really good. I am really curious to see an expanded video that will show everything in the pack including the map of the neighborhood. I am already planning things out in my head.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    For a while I was hesitant to sink any more money in this game, but we're probably still several months to a year away from the couple of new games many of us have been anticipating, so I figured I may as well enjoy myself with this one for a while longer. Besides, this pack looks right up my alley, and the world looks gorgeous. I will definitely make good use of this one.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes on release. I'm preordering.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yes, but waiting for a sale
    I'll see how release goes and if the pack lives up to its potential. If people still like it after two weeks, I'll get it. If not, I'll wait for a sale.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I might get it sooner if the bundle option is available.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Today I got my first Covid vaccine and 2 days after the pack release I get the second. That must be a good omen 😁
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I need to be able to wake up for work the next day. :# So, to be on the safe side, I'll buy it on Friday when I get home. :)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even though I made it my mission not to give EA/Maxis anymore of my money I do like the pack at face value but I am not rushing out to get even if they are throwing three weak "Thank you or Carrots" for I rather have an very good pack than an substandard pack and also I can wait for an good sale.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I just pre-ordered because all I want is that limited edition- bike with the flower basket…

That’s a joke.

What I truly need is foxes terrorizing me chickens. That’s why I pre-ordered.
    Can’t wait for me Fox to terrorize me chickens. 😇
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Yes, I have pre-ordered already. :)
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Love it, but the only content I'm starved enough for to buy at full price is occult gameplay. But this EP is high on my priority on what to get next. It's adorable af <3
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I’m not into farming

I didn’t care about weather, but bought Seasons because
    1) Calendar
    2) Holidays
    3) Weather Machine for my evil sim to play with
    4) Patchy!
    5) Flower Arranging can cause death

Since I don’t care about farming, I don’t feel the gameplay in this pack is anything that I need/want
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    Was gonna hold off on it for the most part, since I have perhaps two sim families that garden in making a living off of it and the only thing to add to that farm life to me would be the animals, but seeing the trailer I saw a lot of things that caught my interest.

-Kids/children having more things to do with playing and feeding farm animals
    -Kids able to help adults with cooking in familiy/group activity
    -Ordering groceries to your home (though I feel it might end up being a patch update perhaps?)
    -Canning/Jams which is tied to the cooking skill and you can do it on the stove
    -Gardening contests as well as submitting cooked dishes for contests as well.
    (Looks like it has a bit more substance compared to things like festivals and the like)
    -Crops being able to grow bigger visually.

Can't wait to see more information on it when a gameplay trailer and livestream come.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I usually wait for a sale but I want this pack too much. I’m going to try to hold off but I’m probably buying in release or shortly after.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    yes and I applaud the devs for finally releasing a pack that the players wanted so badly. I wish we could also get sheep, goats, ducks and geese.
    The English countryside would not be complete without them. I live on a small farm and my neighbors have ducks, geese, goats and cows. Water fowl have great personalities and sheep are just so charming. I have horses and was hoping for them too but I think all the new gameplay makes up for the missing horses.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I am doing my best to talk myself down from immdeately getting it without a sale, which has been my general rule. Farming isn't quite my forte in terms of what I want, even if I can think of some households I've played it would be nice to have. Also since I'm not a builder, it's nice to let everything sort of sit and play out so I can reap the gallery rewards.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I may not get it on release day, but plan to by the weekend. However, if there are massive bug issues, I will wait.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I went ahead and prepurchased, because I had it in the budget right now, and because I like to encourage them with positive reinforcement when it's called for. Money talks, and as this was something much of the community, including me, was asking for and it looks well-executed, I'd like to send a message about that by buying it asap at full price. Just like I sent a message when I don't buy packs, or buy them only 50%.

That being said, I probably won't actually play for a week or two after it drops, partly to see what bugs it has, and partly because I have a work deadline right around that time. (And during the hours I'm not at work, it will be a particularly hot, sweaty, exhausting time of the year in my own garden, so I suspect I may find that particular pack slightly less charming at that moment than I otherwise will.)
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Pre-ordered shortly after the trailer dropped.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Most definitely YES....

Not sure about pre-ordering or release day but I will be getting this pack.
    WbUrFQm.png