Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Special Cottage Living Contents

There is a special Cottage Living contents when buying Cottage Living on PC by a certain date in September. Now I'm pretty sure that SimGuruRomeo said this special Cottage Living is available for console players too. What I'm wondering is do console players have that same time window as the PC players do in order to get this special Cottage Living contents. Or do console players have a different time window in order to get this contents?

Comments

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There is a special Cottage Living contents when buying Cottage Living on PC by a certain date in September. Now I'm pretty sure that SimGuruRomeo said this special Cottage Living is available for console players too. What I'm wondering is do console players have that same time window as the PC players do in order to get this special Cottage Living contents. Or do console players have a different time window in order to get this contents?

They would have exactly the same time period. And the professional advertising for this lists PC/Mac and all the various console platforms.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »

They would have exactly the same time period. And the professional advertising for this lists PC/Mac and all the various console platforms.
    That's good to hear, thank you KatAnubis! :)
  • HeIsRisen5555HeIsRisen5555 Posts: 1 New Member
    OK y'all i am playing sims4 on PC but through origin not through steam. Steam is the site that is partnering with origin i am not sure why i am not just able to download and buy from origin. anyways it seems like i wont be able to buy the cottage living due to id have to buy the sims4 beginner basic pack first on steam before i can download and play. its so stupid!!!! can anyone help me figure this out am i just doing something wrong or misunderstanding it.
  • QAmiQAmi Posts: 6 New Member
    > @HeIsRisen5555 said:
    > OK y'all i am playing sims4 on PC but through origin not through steam. Steam is the site that is partnering with origin i am not sure why i am not just able to download and buy from origin. anyways it seems like i wont be able to buy the cottage living due to id have to buy the sims4 beginner basic pack first on steam before i can download and play. its so stupid!!!! can anyone help me figure this out am i just doing something wrong or misunderstanding it.

Hi HeIsRisen5555,

This is quite odd. I have the game on Origin and it worked fine for me. It's true though that Steam and Origin do not speak to each other, so if you have the game through Steam, you won't have it on Origin. However, a few times a year the base game can be offered for free on Origin, that's how I got mine last year.
  • QAmiQAmi Posts: 6 New Member
    Question to all about Cottage Living's bonus items:
    I was able to locate the bike and the new gnome, but not the DeLIGHTful tree. Any idea where is it listed?
  • Valk5Valk5 Posts: 27 Member
    Hi @QAmi If you haven’t found it yet, the DeLIGHTful tree is in build objects where trees, shrubs, flowers etc are located.

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited September 2021
    It's just the way that Steam is set-up as to why you won't be able to buy Sims 4 base game on Steam and buy any of the Packs for Sims 4 through Origin. I'll give you another prime example Conan Exiles, it turns out that you can't buy the Steam EU or Aussie version and buy the US version of the Conan Exiles DLC's and have them work together. And the reason for that is, and I have heard others say this as well. It has to do with the way the game is coded. The two versions will have the same line of codes except one small line. And that one small line of codes can prevent you from buying the base game from one place and the DLC's from another. Now this may or may not be exactly the case for Sims 4, but it is a strong possibility.