Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread πŸ“

Comments

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Oh no ! Yet another rabbithole :D

Cottage-Living-7.jpg

Wonder if its a secret entrance to Wonderland, or if it's just trailer magic? :wink:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    I'm a hardcore rabbit person and I can't wait for this pack!

Gosh, now I have to up my mesh skills up to make custom breeds---lionheads, angoras, Flemish giants...
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2021
    Can't wait to befriend this little guy. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to name him.

Googled some bunny names.

β€’ Bugs
    β€’ Thumper
    β€’ Peter Rabbit
    β€’ Snoopy
    β€’ Buster
    β€’ Baxter
    β€’ Benjamin
    β€’ Archie
    β€’ Doc

Kinda leaning towards Peter or Thumper.

You forgot Peter Cottontail. I like Thumper.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2021
    Okay. I always said: I did not want farming. I didn't need it in the sims, blablablah.

BUT. I've grown very fond of gardening since doing some challenges.. and I am a total Anglophile ( yes with a CAPITAL A).

This trailer got me screaming. The Classic English vibes, the cottages itself, the cute little animals, the LLAMA?!( Finally sims, use that inside joke of yours), the ponds we can build ( not swim unfortunately) , the county fair style competitions.. yep. Need it. And i haven't even mentioned..THE FOX WINDOW<3 <3<3

The best part is, my birthday is the 8th of august, so i'll probably get it for my birthday, full price. That will be a first for me! The bonus is a nice lure, and hey, i'm biting!
    Post edited by Lisamango0 on
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I'm so excited for this pack. It has so many things I wanted. I'm already imagining what I'm going to do with the new world. Definitely adding a community space.

Group cooking with kids, canning, and the ingredient lot challenge is what I'm most excited about.

The pond with the duck and the sim getting in it. I really hope that not just for the trailer.

I do wish the world was just a little bigger. Especially the town center neighborhood. 6 lots there would have been perfect.

• LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I am so intrigued by the town lore. I love that stuff!!!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2021
    So gathering info about systems in this pack:
    • Errands - Guess it will be pack & world exclusive. Will it involve relationships with villagers as in Stardew? Since they also mentioned gossiping & village stories probably it would. And how it will work if I re-populate the world with my families?
    • Lot Challenges - I assume will be global (and probably base game patched?). It looks like these are not lot traits but yet another lot attribute. I wonder if a lot can have more than one challenge and how they'll co-exist with traits? So far they've mentioned two. One for ingredients, one for foxes.
    • Critter gifts/treats system - have a new sim trait attached to it too. I wonder will this trait do something for C&D and MFP pets?
    Also nobody talks much about it but I feel that gardening system for overgrown crops is a separate from regular gardening. In description "new gardening patches" are mentioned. On promo picture and in trailer it can be seen that these are different from a regular soil. More like a new type of a planter (?). So I wonder are those only suitable for new crops mentioned in description or regular crops can be giant-sized in these as well? Kids learning to garden, probably will also be tied to these new patches according to promo: "teach them (kids) how to care for those huge plants".
    Cottage-Living-3.jpg

And Foraging. It's mentioned briefly in pack description but looks like some stuff can be find only in the wild. At least initially? "You’ll need to find some chocoberries out in the wild" also "Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries". I wonder how many types of mushrooms and berries are there in the wild?

The last but not the least. I'd be cautious about ponds. I'm not sure they are swimmable. We can see a child wading there. So I'd so far would suggest it's all what's possible. Just not to be disappointed.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    And Foraging. It's mentioned briefly in pack description but looks like some stuff can be find only in the wild. At least initially? "You’ll need to find some chocoberries out in the wild" also "Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries". I wonder how many types of mushrooms and berries are there in the wild?

We can already forage in the neighbourhoods for edible plants and herbs, they just don't call it foraging. Wonder if the new naming brings anything new apart from new plants.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    wow!!! I am soo surprised they finally made this... after asking for years and years.
    I am very excited for this expansion. First time I am hyped since the witches GP.
    :D
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned....but kudos to the Sims Team for thinking "how can kids/toddlers/families interact with this EP" like they did with Snowy Escape. I'm still holding onto my "Growing Pains/Generations" dream EP but it's good that they are looking at all age groups. I hope the "Simple Life" where Sims need groceries to cook is patched in just so it's not specific to this EP alone!

Already posted a gripe about the kitchen in the negativity thread but overall I'm really impressed!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned....but kudos to the Sims Team for thinking "how can kids/toddlers/families interact with this EP" like they did with Snowy Escape. I'm still holding onto my "Growing Pains/Generations" dream EP but it's good that they are looking at all age groups. I hope the "Simple Life" where Sims need groceries to cook is patched in just so it's not specific to this EP alone!

Already posted a gripe about the kitchen in the negativity thread but overall I'm really impressed!

It's great to see that younger sims get some attention as well. I'm still very disappointed that they we completely left out in realm of magic, my favourite pack. But it is really great to see that this has changed with the latest packs. I like how children and toddlers can interact with the animals. The embroidery for kids is cute, though I assume adults can do this as well. Kids helping with cooking is so adorable, reminds me of my children in real life. :smile: .
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm so hyped for this pack! I haven't seen one single thing that I don't like. It feels as if Maxis has really listened to us this time and delivered.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm already planning in my head how I want the world to be and such. I hope they do an interactive map like they did for Mt. Komorebi. Need to see how many houses to demolish to fit in community lots and such.

I'm getting excited! I've not been excited for a pack really since University. This makes a really nice change :).
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i am so in love with this pack...i can not wait
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited June 2021
    Look at this ratio. After less than 24 hours the trailer has more likes already than other packs got in months.

9BysklL.jpg

Edit: SE has about 68K and 95K likes and the trailers got released in October.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    How am I going to cope until July 22nd????? I am so excited for this pack it's unreal.

First of all, the amount of new animals. Bunnies, chickens, cows, wild foxes, a freaking LLAMA???!! I am a huge animal lover, so this is a dream come true to me! Bit of a shame that their aren't horses, but with what we are getting, I can't even be that disappointed.

Then, there's Henford-On-Bagley itself. Such a beautiful looking place! It reminds me of the places my family go on holiday here in the UK. Even a little english pub! The farmers market with the fruit and veg competitions is so cute too!

I also love the fact that you can now cook as a family using the produce you've collected from your garden and animals, you can go on a picnic, you can sew, it's just...aaah! It's too exciting! Lol.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @manicobsessive I agree, this pack just hit me right in the heart, I really don't rememeber the last time I was this excited and impatient for a sim dlc XD
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    So far my only complaint, (after watching the trailer for like the 5th time) is that I'm getting really tired of the country aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely, but after seeing it in like the last four or so packs, I'd say it's more or less been covered. Can get some differences with the decore and outfits??
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    So far my only complaint, (after watching the trailer for like the 5th time) is that I'm getting really tired of the country aesthetic. Don't get me wrong, it looks lovely, but after seeing it in like the last four or so packs, I'd say it's more or less been covered. Can get some differences with the decore and outfits??

Yeah I'm excited because my Current Cottages might actually start popping, I still was hoping for a Tuscany World setting, But I'm not sure If I'll Move my Farmer Sims to this world, I think They'll remain in Windenburg to the Looks of it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I can't wait for the new sweater with the cows on it. Or should my Sims get the one with foxes?
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: Β»
    I can't wait for the new sweater with the cows on it. Or should my Sims get the one with foxes?

They're marvellous, aren't they? I wonder if they are made by the new needlepoint skill?
  • AinexaAinexa Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm so excited for this expansion pack. I waited for this expansion forever. Can't wait for july 22 ! :)
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i will be buying the pack as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    This is the first one I've pre-ordered in a very long time. I think it looks real cute and very pretty. I am looking forwards to it.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: Β»

Get both, treat yourself 😎

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top