Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx_-tVKcDs

Arnie's farming pack is coming out around the same time. The official EP should be very worried because if it fails, EA's gonna look really bad in comparison.
    Do people actually play with his mods? I see people making a video of them and acting like they‘re the greatest thing since sliced bread and then… nothing. They never get touched again. I think Pixelade started a miniseries with his open world mod but then had to pause it as it was very buggy. He said he would continue with the series when the mod gets more stable but afaik hasn‘t done it so far.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I hope it has a couple of 64x64 lots.
    It looks similar enough to Britechester.
    Britehenford.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

If so, it would be perfect location to place my megadorm that is currently in Windenburg.
    Britechester doesn't have a lot big enough for my dorm. But Windenburg has a different sort of vibe that makes it feel like my Uni students have a really long commute to the campus.
    06-06-21_9-40-40_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had a haunted mansion originally in Windenburg that I removed for the sake this dorm.
    Now that we have Paranormal Stuff, it would be great if I could put my haunted mansion back.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I feel like Windenburg and even Brindleton Bay are already country-esque backgrounds.

I would love any new world tbh so I won't even trip on that.

I would like to see them add an apartment building into the new world, but I don't think it would fit that vibe.

Please don't add another community lot bar. I'm about sick of those.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I feel like Windenburg and even Brindleton Bay are already country-esque backgrounds.

I would love any new world tbh so I won't even trip on that.

I would like to see them add an apartment building into the new world, but I don't think it would fit that vibe.

Please don't add another community lot bar. I'm about sick of those.

Yuuuppp the bars are too much. I'd love a bunch of new lots 😐
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I'm not concerned with the type of lots we'll get. If it doesn't suit my gameplay I'll just bulldoze and replace. I do hope we get another lot type though. Maybe Farmer's Market or Nectary.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm not concerned with the type of lots we'll get. If it doesn't suit my gameplay I'll just bulldoze and replace. I do hope we get another lot type though. Maybe Farmer's Market or Nectary.

I'd just like to see them flesh it out a bit more. We know they can add a good looking bar into the game. They've done it time and time again. Why don't they experiment and use some of the other lot types, too? Museums, libraries, gyms, pools... there are many more options yet all they seem to want to add for a while now are bars for some reason.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Funny, I was just having this debate with myself about the bars earlier today, as I was trying to think through which lots I would ideally want to put in this world if there are enough lots. I assume they will put in a bar, because, well, that's what they do. So I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll put one in this world, too.

I do often delete them, and it's particularly frustrating when it's a tiny world where the bar is basically the only community lot. But, I might leave a bar this time if (1) it's a decent-sized world and (2) they give us a cute local pub. Although I don't know how that would differ from the bars in Windenburg, but then I suppose it might be a good excuse for me to finally get rid of one of those bars.

I don't know, I'll just have to see. I'm trying to not get my hopes up for a large world, but I desperately want one. This town already calls out to me for a little bakery, a little bookshop (retail lot), a little cafe, a restaurant, and of course some sort of farmer's market (if there's a new lot type, if not, then a community garden). I'm skeptical that there will be enough for all of those plus a sufficient number of residential lots, so the bar might have to go. Even then, I will probably have to consolidate somehow. (Bookshop/bakery, hello my dream business.)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2021
    Also, you know what I'm wondering suddenly? I wonder whether we might get a new non-lot public space like the gardens in Willow Creek and Newcrest, in particular, that would have autonomously appearing garden stalls, like the seasonal food stalls that show up in all of the worlds. Or like the food stalls in the downtown spaces in San Myshuno. I had assumed that the garden stalls would be placeable/usable, but maybe not?

I guess the tradeoff would be potentially less functionality for the object, but with the addition of more community space that doesn't require using up a lot.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    Now that I think about it maybe it has something to do with a vineyard as well. Wouldn't mind some nectar tasting and making. :p

Also would like a big world like Windenburgh, def overdue for a big world.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    A pub, surely!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    make me wonder what the new expansion will be
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited June 2021

Well the new world already has competition: Windenburg and even Brindleton Bay. Both worlds included great features! So I'm on the fence: If there is nothing WHIMSICAL about this EP then I'll need a unique gameplay to get excited about it :|

If it is really a farming stuff the Devs should FIX the gardening bug soon (I can dream, right?).
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Haven’t been this excited about a pack in a while, especially since it seems we’re getting Miss Crumplebottom back!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Sometimes a Sonnet is just a Sonnet...
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@simgirl1010 I can not believe he tweeted that! People saw cars in this EP and it was already denied by a guru :D And then @GrimSuruDoi publish a sonet with that title!!!! Big mistake! Next time he should publish a Shakespeare sonnet, at least I can imagine that we will have bards in this EP o:)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Maybe were getting a simlish version. It's a nice song.

https://youtu.be/ZmDBbnmKpqQ
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Henford reminds me of Brigadoon.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I suspect we're getting functional community garden plots, competitive garden/flower shows, a new flower shop venue, and a fish n' chips (chippy) food stall.

And maybe with the return of Agnes Crumplebottom, this EP might be focused on the lifestyles of elderly sims?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm not trying to hold onto any hopes in particular, but farming would be nice. Excited for Agnes Crumplebottom tho! Let the purse walloping, begin!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    This is a nice trailer. If EP 11 is farming would be interesting to see it in comparison with this mod
    https://youtu.be/BNx_-tVKcDs
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNx_-tVKcDs

Arnie's farming pack is coming out around the same time. The official EP should be very worried because if it fails, EA's gonna look really bad in comparison.
    Do people actually play with his mods? I see people making a video of them and acting like they‘re the greatest thing since sliced bread and then… nothing. They never get touched again. I think Pixelade started a miniseries with his open world mod but then had to pause it as it was very buggy. He said he would continue with the series when the mod gets more stable but afaik hasn‘t done it so far.

its better then I could do
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited June 2021
    troshalom wrote: »
    This is a nice trailer. If EP 11 is farming would be interesting to see it in comparison with this mod
    https://youtu.be/BNx_-tVKcDs

I've got a feeling that the two packs (the official EP and the mod) are going to be... different enough that they'll appeal to different expectations of farming. Among other things, the EP looks to be set in something like the UK countryside, and Arnie's mod looks very American Midwest. I'm not interested in a pack set in the American Midwest. I am interested in a pack set in the UK.

And while yes, Arnie's mod does have animals... with the exception of the cows, bunnies, and birds, they're pretty obviously modified dogs, with dog movements rather than horse, pig, or sheep movements which would bother me more than not having them at all. (The horse riding sequence in the trailer was impressive, but it also didn't look "right" to me at all, but I understand the limits he's working with.)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Here's the actual facts of Henford & Bagley, they are both Towns/Cities all over England. I googled.