Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No New Aspiration?

Yeah, I was disappointed that there wasn't a new aspiration with the new Dream Decor pack. Anybody else or was it just me? I was so confused as to what aspiration to give my new Sim.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Same.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I am disappointed too. It would have been a great opportunity. Most of the gamepacks do have an aspiration, so I'm bummed too.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    Adding an aspiration would’ve been better.
    The best interior designer by having 10 happy clients or only using expensive items to enhance the world around them. Perhaps for evil Sims, they could have steal five pieces of furniture, make 10 clients angry etc.
    Gaining useful points to buy those perks.

Just having a new career isn’t enough. I would rather go straight to build mode and start decorating.

I really want aspirations to be more meaningful, a lot of the new ones from previous packs are a tutorial list to complete. 😩
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed without a new aspiration! I kind of miss how the old aspirations were. where they were geared more towards jobs instead of life goals and stuff. They could have done a couple new aspirations with the new game play that they completely missed. Hopefully they will add something later? I feel like each new game play pack has had one almost at this point so it's just weird they skipped this one.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I just wanna add to this that it's so weird how your Sim goes to work as an Interior Designer, and then comes home and it's like... nothing else for them to do relevant to the career. I'm always stuck trying to figure out what I want my Sim to do once he's home from work at like 11am.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I also wish we had some off the job tasks for our sims to work on. But, there's still plenty for my sim to do for the rest of the day. She owns 2 businesses. A retail bridal boutique and a restaurant. She's still working on her fabrication and juice fizzing skills.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I just wanna add to this that it's so weird how your Sim goes to work as an Interior Designer, and then comes home and it's like... nothing else for them to do relevant to the career. I'm always stuck trying to figure out what I want my Sim to do once he's home from work at like 11am.

I haven't played the career yet, but do you have to finish by 11 AM? You could visit the flea market for some furniture deals, or a shop in your neighbourhood specializing in decor items and small furniture pieces, buy the stuff you need, take some pictures to place on the walls, etc. I read that you can hold parties there and eat their food while the owners are away. If your sim has a mistress you could use the place for a secret meet-up, use their pool or other skill objects to entertain your sim, etc.