Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About that "Besties romantic introduction".....

This has been my go-to way of getting my Sims pass on their genes, as I find flirting from square one and up to the point where they can woohoo takes too much time. I just get the besties perk when they're famous enough and get it over with. When I played the other day, however, it's not an option anymore. The "besties friendly introduction" is still there, but not the romantic one. Anyone know if this has been removed on purpose?

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Hmm... Was your sim flirty?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2021
    The sim doesn't need to be flirty, however sometimes the interaction gets temporarily blocked for some reason. Sometimes the friendly one disappears instead. I would try clicking again on the same sim. It should reappear eventually.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I rarely see the (normal) romantic introduction these days.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't remember, but it's never been relevant before, both options have always been there before. I've also tried several times with the same Sim, but nope. Not happening. I never had problems with this before. Oh well, seems like there'll be no legacy this time. :P
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Did you check the Romantic menu? The "Besties" introductions don't always make the top menu.

The quickest way to get two sims to woohoo is with a club. Make woohoo with club members one of the activities. The woohoo/try for baby commands are available immediately and almost always get accepted, and that builds the romantic relationship very quickly.
  • Options
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Did you check the Romantic menu? The "Besties" introductions don't always make the top menu.

The quickest way to get two sims to woohoo is with a club. Make woohoo with club members one of the activities. The woohoo/try for baby commands are available immediately and almost always get accepted, and that builds the romantic relationship very quickly.

Yes, I did. Nothing.

Thanks for the tip, though. I'll try the club thing. :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This might be broken due to one of the patches or if you have mods in your game.
  • Options
    This might be broken due to one of the patches or if you have mods in your game.

I was afraid of that. However, this problem isn't big enough for me to want to remove my mods. ;) Guess I'll just do it the hard way this time.