Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Profile sims don't working and isn't the mods.

Hi all, after removing and putting mods, I decided to play the sims without cc, without mods, 100% clean game and new game, at the beginning everything was fine, but suddenly when I wanted to open a neighbor's profile, a music started to sound and the profile was blank, I decided to do this because I read this problem in many forums, and people thinking that it is one mod or another mod, and it is not any mod, it is a bug in the game, 200% confirmed please, check it.

thnx

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yeah, I had the same problem before I put my mods back in so I reported it. I shut my game off and restarted and now it's all working fine again, so I'm not sure what is going on.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    Yeah, I had the same problem before I put my mods back in so I reported it. I shut my game off and restarted and now it's all working fine again, so I'm not sure what is going on.

yes, it will work some time, but then... they crash again..(and the music crash too)

I test it with no cc, no mods, empty mod folder, in the first all was fine, but then, the profile broken, i spend all day testing mods, but when i read differents forums, ppl saying is this mod or another mod, finally i decide test the vanilla game, and... the problem still there :3 i think they will fix it soon (hope so)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2021
    Have you created a clean fresh Sims 4 folder after uninstalling your Mods and CC? Otherwise you can't blame it on the game itself.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited May 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Have you created a clean fresh Sims 4 folder after uninstalling your Mods and CC? Otherwise you can't blame it on the game itself.

i delete the mod folders, i clean the cache, and repair the game, and the bug still there, i don't know, What else do you recommend? re-install the game or?
    edited May 2021
    I'd recommend you put the entire Sims 4 folder in a safe place, start the game so that a new one is generated and check whether it works. If it does, you can try putting your save file back in from your Sims 4 folder back up. Good luck!

I don't have this issues even without a lot of mods installed so I'm sure it can be handled.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    edited May 2021
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'd recommend you put the entire Sims 4 folder in a safe place, start the game so that a new one is generated and check whether it works. If it does, you can try putting your save file back in from your Sims 4 folder back up. Good luck!

I don't have this issues even without a lot of mods installed so I'm sure it can be handled.

ill do it. nefore i didn't test on my save, i tested in a new game (but i didn't remove my save file from game) ill try again in a new save, thnx

EDIT: well, i test with a new save, and after 1 hour of vanilla game, the profile get bug. so... idk what's going on
    Post edited by Vanilicious on
  • GaudivadiGaudivadi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I have the same issue. Has anybody solved this problem?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No issues for me. Try repairing the game.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I'm sorry it didn't help. I've run out of ideas here. Liky Babykittyjade, I luckily do not have the issue in my game.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    What 83bienchen is recommending is a full factory reset of the game itself, not just opening a fresh save.

There are good instructions on how to do a factory reset here if you've never done one before.

Follow them closely so you don't lose anything important during the reset and see if it helps.

A factory reset can help with a lot of different issues, so it can't hurt to try.

Also, remember to delete your localthumbcache.package file before restarting the game any time you remove or add something in your mods folder.