Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Home Decorator Negativity thread

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    I hate that there is no challenge in using likes and dislikes. You can have a sim that likes 20 things and dislikes nothing. You can edit the likes and dislikes SO easily that they added a goddman button to go straight to CAS ❤️❤️❤️❤️? Whats the point of having mirrors or wardrobes?????

Don't use the button and challenge your self-control.
    Just play your sims and when the option comes up for them to like or dislike an activity, choose.
    There is your challenge.

For those who don't want a challenge and just want to shape their sims, they can use the button.
    I plan to give my sims a few key dislikes and likes and just let game-play shape the rest.
    Why would I use a mirror or wardrobe to shape their interests? Those are for appearance.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Saw this on twitter and.. yikes. That's literally the same hair just with the bangs moved to the side.

(had to change to a different tweet as the original had a naughty word. woopsie!)

This hair too... yikes.

QPHOQka.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Yeah, I'm fine with having the ability to make a sim like nearly everything. Maybe I want to play a sim that's just easy to please. Though I'd also rather make a sim that dislikes everything and is miserable all the time. There's plenty of room for challenge, but I prefer having the freedom to shape my sim's personality however I want.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I hate that there is no challenge in using likes and dislikes. You can have a sim that likes 20 things and dislikes nothing. You can edit the likes and dislikes SO easily that they added a goddman button to go straight to CAS ❤️❤️❤️❤️? Whats the point of having mirrors or wardrobes?????

Just play your sims and when the option comes up for them to like or dislike an activity, choose.
    There is your challenge.

For those who don't want a challenge and just want to shape their sims, they can use the button.
    I plan to give my sims a few key dislikes and likes and just let game-play shape the rest.
    Why would I use a mirror or wardrobe to shape their interests? Those are for appearance.

That is a good idea, I had a vision of how much work it would be to set all of my Sims likes and dislikes
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2021
    LiELF wrote: »
    Meh. I'm not getting this one. I think the one thing that interested me was the utilikilt in CAS. The pack seems like it's just an extension of build mode, which I don't use much anyway, and I really hate mid century styles. They're flat, boring, and have no personality. Why can't devs invent their own styles? It's The Sims, we don't need every object and piece of clothing to be a replica of something in real life. How about some more imagination and creativity in the designs?

Kind of looking forward to the patch, but I was discouraged to see that the positive buffs will, once again, override any negative balance in the game. The Sim in the stream hated the music station but still danced to it? That doesn't even make sense. The autonomous behaviors and buff system still needs a serous spring cleaning. I also don't really like the idea that that Sims will just develop likes on their own if they're in a Happy mood and go do something. They're always in a happy mood, lol. I hope this doesn't effect the likes and dislikes that I give them. Why are the devs so hesitant to give us full control of Sim creation? They allowed us to be able to go into CAS to change things without cheats, which is great, but why continue to let the game autonomy change our Sims on us? Maybe for the NPCs? I dunno. I feel like it's just going to be more Sim wrangling for rotational/colony players. It's a good feature, a good addition, but it's always the implementation that goes wrong.

I'd much rather them use real life architectural and interior design styles. I don't like crappy mambo jumbo in my game like talking toilets and giant observatories and cupcake machines. Or hot pink and brown counters.

But I agree that mid century modern was a bad choice. We've gotten that in Tiny Living and Get Famous and it feels a bit overdone now.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I love building, so I should love this pack, but instead I'm left asking what else is there. It feels like the free patch has more gameplay, which is great - imo s4 has become more fun to play after the recent updates, but I don't think that excuses the cost of a gamepack for so little gameplay.

I'm hoping maybe there'll be some hidden features that'll come out when the pack is reviewed, but it looks like a sale pack for me. Agree with the uninspired male cas - I do like the kilt though, but hope for a version without the tools...
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

There is your challenge.

I won't be using the button obviously, it's just the fact that it is there shows how dumbbed down they have made this game. There is literally no consequence in TS4 and it's very disappointing. It's like they're catering to 8 year olds where the world is all sunshine and rainbows.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    CrazyNinja wrote: »
    I’ll admit that I am intrigued and eager to find out more about preferences, but as others said and knowing TS4 I don’t have much hope for them to affect anything other than the new career. I’m sure the players who primarily build are super excited, but I’m so confused as to where this pack came from because the community has been BEGGING for so many other things (generations, more occult life states, farming, baby update, personality update, and on and on and on...) and they seem to hear none of it. I’m just dying for some new gameplay, not a $20 career that’s basically build/buy mode with a fancy new name.

The furniture and CAS look nice, too, but tbh I can get CC for free if I want new items 🤷‍♀️

I’m holding off most of my criticism because just maybe it’ll be more than we think it is but I have to say I’m seriously bummed with this pack. At the very least, I’ll buy it when it’s 50% off or something :lol:

Well watching the live stream it does seem like personality will be affected with being able to pick 20 likes/dislikes, but that is mostly the basegame and other pscks. But I’m hoping the career will be fun. I think I will enjoy the new unit shelves you can put things in.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Everything good comes with patch, so personally I see no need to bother with the pack, the main attraction of which I will never use.

I've noticed this seems to be one of their favorite marketing tactics. They save their best update content for pre-pack patches so then people are more positive around the time of pack release and are more likely to spend..
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Most simmers who are raving about this pack will probably be bored with it in a month.
    The career is overly repetitive and not good for long term gameplay. Plus, depending on how many packs you have, you'll run out of lots to renovate. And, given the small size of worlds in the Sims 4, this probably won't take long...

Once you're done building, then what? You're back in live mode with nothing to do. Their theory that this pack will inspire Live Mode players to Build and Builders to play Live Mode is flawed. Especially when we all know how lacking Live Mode is...
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Everything good comes with patch, so personally I see no need to bother with the pack, the main attraction of which I will never use.

I've noticed this seems to be one of their favorite marketing tactics. They save their best update content for pre-pack patches so then people are more positive around the time of pack release and are more likely to spend..

Exactly. I see so many people who still think that Likes/ Dislikes are coming in this pack, when they're coming to the base game.
    I think Maxis/ EA releases big updates before releasing subpar packs so they can confuse customers. They did the same thing with Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited May 2021
    I love the new likes/dislikes feature. I think its going to help make these sims more like individuals, rather than be carbon copies of each other. So thumbs up to this pack for encouraging at least that much.

I must say though, as much as i'm happy with the new like/dislikes feature. It's a bit basic. It only has 3 categories. Color, Music, and Activities. These are great categories, and we can do a lot with them but, at the same time, it feels very limiting. For example:

1) I can't have a sim dislike music (in general). There's no option to say, this sim is not a person who likes music at all. At best, I can simulate that idea by clicking dislike on every music genre, every instrument, DJ Mixing, dancing, singing, etc. By that time, i've pretty much used up my 20 slots just to say my sim doesn't like music.

2) There's no option to choose for my spellcaster to dislike vampires. In folklore there's a common understanding that the occult triad of Witches, Vampires, and Werewolves are mortal enemies. Each one absolutely dislikes the other two. But the new likes/dislikes feature doesn't allow us to simulate that. Also, we can't chose to dislike aliens, mermaids, or even ghosts for those sims that aren't into the paranormal aspects of life.

The new feature is great. But IMO it's still lacking.

The new GP will add another category. I think it'll be decorator. Not sure what options we'll get included with that but, it won't do much for my spellcaster's opinion of vampires.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    (Also I think it's interesting how we're getting all this modular furntiure when Paralives comes up showing more furniture customization. I wonder if they're getting nervous and are trying to put effort into the game to compete.)

I really hope EA can do better at trying to compete with Paralives. There is so little content in this pack. I think it wouldn't have been received half as well if it weren't released after several months without any bigger packs. People are desperate for new content by now - at leat I am.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I saw in another thread that there are ~135 B/B objects in this pack. I’m basing this off of a pic posted in the “weird design choices” thread. Which means this pack, which emphasizes build mode, has less B/B than JA, an adventure GP, and is comparable to nearly every other GP where the focus isn’t B/B.

I can’t really understand this. Especially considering, as I’ve pointed out in another thread or maybe this one, JA came with the most b/b of any GP on top of a new world, the mechanic for tomb exploration, new skills, new collectibles, new aspirations, etc. And, I don’t think this new pack has any of that.

Is it the two kitchen sets and modular sofas that used up all of their resources for other things?? If so, was it really worth it?😐

This is what im not understanding... there's no more bb than other packs, no world, very very limited gameplay, no hero objects... While i do like the career (i'm a sims 3 architech career enthusiast) this is maybe the emptiest pack ever...

And what makes me more deceived was the way they presented the livestream... one of the longest livestreams, filled with unimportant things, slowly following a sim while watching every interaction of the pack. The simguru acting like a youtuber ahh ohhh how coooolll... i was super enthusiastic before the livestream but i felt very deceived after. It's like they know very well how few content they're selling us but tried intentionally to disguise it. And that's super disapointing. Sorry for the grievance...
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    I saw in another thread that there are ~135 B/B objects in this pack. I’m basing this off of a pic posted in the “weird design choices” thread. Which means this pack, which emphasizes build mode, has less B/B than JA, an adventure GP, and is comparable to nearly every other GP where the focus isn’t B/B.

I can’t really understand this. Especially considering, as I’ve pointed out in another thread or maybe this one, JA came with the most b/b of any GP on top of a new world, the mechanic for tomb exploration, new skills, new collectibles, new aspirations, etc. And, I don’t think this new pack has any of that.

Is it the two kitchen sets and modular sofas that used up all of their resources for other things?? If so, was it really worth it?😐

Maybe the gameplay mechanic where we go to build mode in a career and back into live mode with updated objectives might have taken a bit of resources? Otherwise I don't know actually. The career seems pretty big with 52 different gigs and the modular furniture might have taken a bit of development too but it's difficult to tell.

I hope that the gamechangers will talk about how much is included in this pack and how fun it is to play after a couple of hours.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    logion wrote: »

Maybe the gameplay mechanic where we go to build mode in a career and back into live mode with updated objectives might have taken a bit of resources? Otherwise I don't know actually. The career seems pretty big with 52 different gigs and the modular furniture might have taken a bit of development too but it's difficult to tell.

I hope that the gamechangers previews will talk about how much is included in this pack and how it feels like playing after a couple of hours.

Perhaps it did take a lot of resources, but compared to Jungle Adventures where they added more objects as well as another (small) world and tomb raiding experience... it does seem like this pack is only slightly bigger than the last Stuff Pack, which is a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    haneul wrote: »

I hope that the gamechangers previews will talk about how much is included in this pack and how it feels like playing after a couple of hours.

Perhaps it did take a lot of resources, but compared to Jungle Adventures where they added more objects as well as another (small) world and tomb raiding experience... it does seem like this pack is only slightly bigger than the last Stuff Pack, which is a bit disappointing.

And JA also has mechanisms that must have taken a lot of resources, like the temple always changing, the skletons, the curses...
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    haneul wrote: »

And JA also has mechanisms that must have taken a lot of resources, like the temple always changing, the skletons, the curses...

The more I think about this pack - it doesn't even have a hero object or any skills - the emptier it feels. It could end up being fun though.
  • Options
    CelenaLampreyCelenaLamprey Posts: 7 New Member
    I'll be upfront and admit I haven't watch the video (truthfully not found of videos unless they're music ones, can get lost on YouTube watching those :) ) but the screenshots I've seen of the objects don't look very appealing, a bit to chunky/clunky. I'll reserve judgement until the pack comes out and then read reviews and others' comments.

I posted in a different thread; the biggest issue I have with the career (which I enjoyed in Sims 3) is the lack of the CAST tool. That made it challenging in a fun way to redecorate/remodel for clients - you could design around their favorite colors and tastes. Without CAST and with the limited color choices in most BB objects (unless you're a crazy CC addict like me!) I find it sometimes difficult to do a tasteful decor. Hard enough to match wood styles let alone a nice color scheme with nice patterns. For those who never played Sims 3, CAST was one of the best things for builders/decorators. Personally, I even rank it over big and open worlds, cars and horses (which I really did love, since I can't have one IRL :(
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I agree 100%.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Tbh this is probably the most disinterested I've felt about a Sims 4 pack release since I started playing... It's coming out tomorrow and I really couldn't care less. Usually there's at least one thing that makes me want to get a pack but this time there's just nothing. Been having fun with 3 recently so guess I'll be sticking with that! :)
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    GameChanger reviews are...mixed.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I would like to learn more about the pack before I give more of a review. But my first thought when I saw the trailer is that it all feels like something we already do. In fact, I posted a topic months ago that discussed EA creating a Real Estate/Land Owner themed pack that could have included flipping a house or condo (and then, selling it), also, Architect, Landscaper, or an Interior decorator type of careers or capability.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    GameChanger reviews are...mixed.

I’ve just watched some reviews and I was surprised by the mixed reactions. I was expecting more ultra happy vibes.

Watching some reviews, I still can’t understand the appeal of the pack. 🤔🙄.

Bugs aside, I saw lists and questions about colours, budget constraints. It looks like a lot of unnecessary play to me to get to decorate whereas I can just press build mode and dive straight in and do whatever I want.

I do love the modular counters, sectional couches, separate hob and oven etc but this is not ‘Furniture Supreme Pack’ or ‘Sectional Couch Club’.

I think this should’ve been a stuff pack at £10 like ‘Redesign Stuff Pack’ or something.
    Paranormal Stuff Pack came with a career etc.

At least we got likes/dislikes out of it. 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞