Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    If nerfing makes a game more balanced, then it can be good.

And where is this line? between the people who are allowed to ask nerfin against those who are not. Popularity? So a popular person can ask nerfing in here ??? (only a guess) and it is okay. or the opposite?

Someone may like the thing you hate.
    I don't like nerfing any gameplay myself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    wMrrvoz.png

Where is my Reggae, Classical, Spanish, Mariachi, and Tejano?

And that's just in the folks I know or follow that play guitar...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    Justin wrote: »
    Random comment: I don’t like sims4 library’s very much. They have very limited books & they’re all the same. I wish you could add more books to the library (maybe even all the books we currently have available in game).

There actually is a bookcase that you can add that will provide most of the books in the game to all bookcases on the lot. For some reason they failed to update or add it to recent libraries, but you can find it on the gallery and add it yourself. I also have a mod that adds this ability to a variety of bookcases added in other packs as the original only comes in a plain wood style.

Actually, after posting this comment I was trying to figure out ways to add books to my library’s. What you have to do is buy books from the bookshelf in your home lot. Then, you have to add those purchased books into your inventory. Then go the lot you want to add books to & drop them on the floor. Then use the “put away” interaction & it will be added to the bookshelf. At the library, the librarian will pick it up the books you drop and put them in the bookshelf as well. You might have to help though if you add too many on the floor at the same time. She gets bugged sometimes.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    wMrrvoz.png

Where is my Reggae, Classical, Spanish, Mariachi, and Tejano?

And that's just in the folks I know or follow that play guitar...

And Folk, too (which I’m sure the game is just kinda mashing between Blues and Country, but there is a difference 😔).
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2021
    If sims can teleport to anywhere they like, why can't they teleport to the top of Mt. Komorebi?

How do they teleport anyway? Why are there cars driving around in the worlds if we can't own them and drive them? Who is driving them?

I dunno, I just find that a bit weird. *teleports away
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @Jyotai agree!
    hopefully if/when we get a band kit, they'll diversify the musical instrument genres more.

• Options
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I would rather build my own rinks anyways which is part of my plan, so it’s even more bothersome that the game just spawns them and I don’t know how to make it not do that.

Ack! I have those awful rinks in every possible place. Every save. Every world. I am flooded with unwanted rinks. I hate it! I want them to be gone. I want to put one rink, where I want it, not where it looks silly and where it would never actually be.

I was just thinking to myself... "I don't know what these people are talking about..." and then I traveled to the museum in Oasis Springs and here's what's filling up the parking lot:

xZKZsg5.png

:o
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    @Jyotai That's literally the one that prompted me to bring them up in the first place! :'(
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Why can't I have purple or blue non-occult Sims?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was today years old when I found out your sim can make money from tending the bars at restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.

Great for my sim who is in Uni. Her side hustle will be bartending
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    I was today years old when I found out your sim can make money from tending the bars at restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.

My rags to riches sim did that a lot :) good tips :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Jyotai That's literally the one that prompted me to bring them up in the first place! :'(

I'm just sitting there thinking; How does anybody park in that lot?

I want to get me one of those giant Cybertrucks and roll all over that thing.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Random comment: I don’t like sims4 library’s very much. They have very limited books & they’re all the same. I wish you could add more books to the library (maybe even all the books we currently have available in game).

There actually is a bookcase that you can add that will provide most of the books in the game to all bookcases on the lot. For some reason they failed to update or add it to recent libraries, but you can find it on the gallery and add it yourself. I also have a mod that adds this ability to a variety of bookcases added in other packs as the original only comes in a plain wood style.

Actually, after posting this comment I was trying to figure out ways to add books to my library’s. What you have to do is buy books from the bookshelf in your home lot. Then, you have to add those purchased books into your inventory. Then go the lot you want to add books to & drop them on the floor. Then use the “put away” interaction & it will be added to the bookshelf. At the library, the librarian will pick it up the books you drop and put them in the bookshelf as well. You might have to help though if you add too many on the floor at the same time. She gets bugged sometimes.

Alternatively, you could edit the library lot and add the books to the floor from inside build/buy. That way you don't have to buy them yourself, and NPCs will help put them away the next time your sim goes there. This is how I usually do it.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I'd like to see books that my Sims have written, or paintings that they've created & then sold appear at the gallery or library.

I'd also like NPCs & other Sims eat the cake being offered by Cowplants autonomously.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I've turned the audio off in-game and started listening to audiobooks and podcasts while playing. (currently listening to the unabridged Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon.)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Wow, must be somewhat new. I remember looking for a mod to do this some time ago.
    Glad they patched it!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    I've turned the audio off in-game and started listening to audiobooks and podcasts while playing. (currently listening to the unabridged Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon.)

Wow, that one should keep you company while playing for some while!
  • Options
    I also wish we could change the categories that clothing appear in - everyday, formal & so on. There are outfits & items of clothing that would work in different categories but don't because of their designation.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I also wish we could change the categories that clothing appear in - everyday, formal & so on. There are outfits & items of clothing that would work in different categories but don't because of their designation.

They do work. You just have to delete the filter.
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »

I didn't know that! Thanks for your response. Is it possible to change categories for clothing or outfits?
  • Options

I didn't know that! Thanks for your response. Is it possible to change categories for clothing or outfits?

For example if you're dressing an athletic outfit, you can delete the athletic filter that automatically shows up. Then all clothes will be available to you to be creative with your athletic outfit. You can have your sim do fitness with a bathing suit or jeans and boots or whatever you prefer :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Can anyone please point me a thread for doubts about building? I've searched here in the forum but can't find...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Can anyone please point me a thread for doubts about building? I've searched here in the forum but can't find...

Maybe start your own thread in the Creative forum. I'm sure you'd get lots of help and suggestions.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

Wow, that one should keep you company while playing for some while!

I think of it as getting the best possible value for my Audible credits! B)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top