Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update May 13

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm trying to make a 70s disco sim with the new hair, it doesnt look too bad, too bad the clothing options are so bad

wcqMIs8.png

not enough gold glitter and sparkles
  • Options
    OunceOunce Posts: 4 New Member
    Man, I'm impressed with the new version of the hair but I really wish they would just let us keep both versions of the hairs they replace. The short afro hairstyle they added to the game in the last update replaced one of my favorite short afro hairstyles in this game. There was nothing wrong with it and it was much different than the one they replaced it with. Hoping I can convince the sims team to put it back in :P
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Ounce wrote: »
    Man, I'm impressed with the new version of the hair but I really wish they would just let us keep both versions of the hairs they replace. The short afro hairstyle they added to the game in the last update replaced one of my favorite short afro hairstyles in this game. There was nothing wrong with it and it was much different than the one they replaced it with. Hoping I can convince the sims team to put it back in :P

Do you use CC? I haven't patched yet, I could probably make you a mod that adds the old hairstyle back to your game as a separate hair.
  • Options
    OunceOunce Posts: 4 New Member
    @bizuktag Sadly, I am a console peasant lol. I appreciate that you'd go through the trouble to help me out like that though. My options on getting my hair back are limited unfortunately. Once I beat this new member plague I'll plead my case on here and hope for the best haha.
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Ounce wrote: »
    @bizuktag Sadly, I am a console peasant lol. I appreciate that you'd go through the trouble to help me out like that though. My options on getting my hair back are limited unfortunately. Once I beat this new member plague I'll plead my case on here and hope for the best haha.

Oh, sorry I can't help out then!

I really wish they'd added the hairstyles as new options. It's really frustrating to log in to your game and find your sim no longer looks the same. Happened with some of mine already, which is why I haven't patched as quickly this time around (I have a sim in mind who rocks the large afro and who will suddenly look wrong). New CAS entries would have let players decide which version to have on a sim, instead of forcing everyone to use the new style.

Fingers crossed they listen (but I'm not holding my breath lol).
  • Options
    d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    @Netzspannung, those look wonderful, the older style, wasn't very stylish
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Part of me will miss the old afro, since it worked pretty well with clowns. But the new one's really stylish. It helps slim the face down, too.

One of my sims is a white dude modeled loosely on Bob Ross, and the "Afro" looked right on him for the aesthetic he was going for.

But it otherwise looked like a sim with that hairstyle was wearing one of the round helmets from Spaceballs.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited May 2021
    Love the afro update.
    Looks much more like...well...hair. 🥰
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

OMG! Finally that Vampire bug is fixed! It is a miracle <3 Thanks devs!

*happy dancing*
    *happy dancing*
    *happy dancing*
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member

Well, this is good news. I'll start playing again once this nightmare bug is finally fixed.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Made a sim to test the new hair out, a massive improvement on what it used to be

hair.png

Wow I love those outfits!
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    @Bluebeard45 I hear what you're saying, but I find for myself, if the overall look isn't great, I don't enjoy myself playing the game so much. It's the difference, I believe, between two identical houses on a block that are for sale. One has weeds, dirt and nothing else in front, while the other one is beautifully landscaped. Flowers in planters, nicely mown green lawn and in general well-thought out yard. It's called Curb Appeal. Which one would you buy?

I am sorry you don't find any fun in the game. I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3. So, I do understand just where you're at. Truly.

This is why I don't really play TS2 much anymore. I'm a really visual person, and I can't get over how ugly things look compared to TS4 anymore (plus very limited CAS). I still think TS2 has better gameplay, but TS4 has enough gameplay + better graphics that I always go back anyway. Hence over 5,000 hours of TS4 played. :#

To each their own as we are all legitimaly different. I'm still rocking it out with TS2 with its better gameplay and still very good graphics, CAS that gives me more options than I can ever use and has face detailing that puts TS4 to shame, and a build mode that just let me build a 7 story rail/bus terminal in Victorian style & 3 2nd Empire mansions, sims swimming at the beach, and a hillside home where access via the basement is quite doable. Not to mention that sofa cushions compress when sims sit on them. Can't remember last time I did TS4, its pretty factor notwithstanding.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    FINALLY! :o
    Idon't believe it until I see it, though.
  • Options
    erixaaerixaa Posts: 17 Member
    ooo I love it!
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I am so glad that the afro hair got updated, it looked so bad before, and now it looks nice.
    Also, one of my Sims got randomly abducted by Aliens, that makes me so happy, since the the feature was nerfed when I got it for myself.