Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @Skeilah
    Are you opposed to Bryon trying something new in an alternative simsverse? Because he is your Sim, I wanted to ask first. Without giving too much away, I’d like to keep your introduction portion of him, however sway him to a different lifestyle.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    You can do some different kind of lifestyle with Bryon for sure :) it’ll be nice to see something different!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    May 12

Week 2 Thursday

2021-05-07-05_39_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    It is another good morning although they both really need to find something fun to do. No time now though as Mia needs to head to school and Skye needs to improve her fitness before the audition.
    2021-05-07-05_32_45-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

But now there is time as school is over and Mia aced the audition. She will go back Friday night at 7pm to shoot her movie. That means they have time to watch a movie, which is great for Mia but doesn’t do as much for Skye.
    2021-05-07-05_37_01-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

After completing her homework, Mia heads outside to check out the new monkey bars that Skye had installed for her. She is still working on the aspiration and also the fitness badge.
    2021-05-07-05_39_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye calls Jake over and they are such a cute couple.
    2021-05-07-05_40_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

I really hope her birth control works this time. Again, risky is turned on so we will see tomorrow.
    2021-05-07-05_42_06-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is still trying to get enough fitness in for the badge, and this also builds the motor skill. But she does not look very enthusiastic to be dancing. Probably because she is exhausted and about to pass out.
    2021-05-07-05_44_27-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

But who can resist a daddy and daughter dance at midnight?
    2021-05-07-05_45_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia finally heads to bed and Jake cleans up the house, somewhat, and then crashes on the couch. He tried sleeping in the bedroom with Skye but Eli kept waking up and crying. Eli needs his own room but this is just a two bedroom house. As much as Skye loves this house, they might need to move to another place.
    2021-05-07-05_46_41-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well, turns out the driving lesson won't be happening - apparently there has been a traffic jam on the highway nearby all day long, so we weren't about to start going highspeed on there. Instead, I got to play and write a new post (instead of afterwards at night)! :smiley:
    My Screenshots got scrambled again - Do you know how I can prevent that? I mean, I can always try to sort them, but often, I simply don't remember when they did what... Now I'm not as upset, but when the updates are about the Challenge Sim's day, I want them to be in the right order, and sorting them might be a bit of a pain...
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 8 - Bridgeview

DTICVjv.png

Sarah's Diary
    gWB74Gg.png
    My day began, after going to the potty, with Mark demanding that he needed a bath - now! Thus, he got one. From me, because Greg had to catch up with some emergency his current client had. I think someone burnt their computers? Or they just didn't work anymore?
    Sophia was still sleeping, for a change. And I was really happy about that, because I needed to scrub the bathtub after Mark was clean again. Where had he got that much dirt from? From his adventure into the garden? (At least I think that's what happened in the morning? As I said, the pics got scrambled, and I played that hours ago...)
    5c7ZxTr.png
    Next: Mandatory potty break for both of them. Mark seemed really impatient to start the day!
    eIiMzwn.png
    Sophia had woken up miraculously with a good mood, only a bit of hunger - She usually is quite grumpy in the morning!
    JFi7VpV.png
    Then, I gave the kids and myself some breakfast, while Greg took part in another tournament - having already eaten. (without screenshot for some reason, or I'm not recognizing it. As I said - the pics got scrambled.)
    8hzpcZ0.png
    The twins went outside for some playtime, while I scrubbed the sink.
    DTICVjv.png
    The mandatory Potty picture... What did I say about being able to be alone in the bathroom?! :s
    olKu1g5.png
    Then, I had to go and clean up a little accident in the toddler bedroom. (That's the way to do it: Don't shoo the toddler out of the way so they will get wet again, then stand in the pee and scrub next to it... I see you're still hard at work, going crazy :smiley: )
    aUQr9Uw.png
    Honestly, I don't blame you with that amount of chaos. I was cooking because all our leftovers had vanished into four hungry tummies, Sophia was playing with her ducky and Mark was stacking. And they weren't even particularly wild or anything...!
    jr5ivl8.png
    Time for a late lunch! Who's missing?
    pJZoOU4.png
    Right, the kids...! Until both had made it downstairs, we had already eaten.
    7siMXX0.png
    I used the time to fix the sink, while Greg helped the kids with their meal and then taught some shapes to Mark.
    QOw4tzH.png
    Yes, this is what he called helping...! To be fair - then he actually pulled out the flash cards. I know, I'm really trying hard to accept him as he is, but somestimes...
    Xhu6iKe.png
    In the afternoon, I finished a Gig - and got more than 1300$ for it! Whoa!
    We used the money for a railing on stairs and porch, a dollhouse and a second computer upstairs.
    kVSx2Pi.png
    In case you are curious: THIS logo is what got me such a huge payment - apparently it "coerced hundreds of test buyers into buying the product immediately and telling all their friends to do so too"... Wonder if it'd have that Effect on you too, I didn't feel anything :D
    kq4OCDr.png
    This is the new porch. I'm really happy it is more child-suitable now; I suspect the twins will be wandering outside a lot more once the little nooboo is born and I won't be able to look after them as much.

Perhaps we will already see their little sibling tomorrow?

Schedule (NEW!, thank you to everyone sharing their experiences - might still change that, but at least I now have a plan ;))
    I am planning to play for 15 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a toddler now, and is very independent.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a toddler now too, and is a little charmer.
    • unborn baby ;)
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @miss_eulenauge Idk how it works on Windows, but I always sort my photo's with the 'Date Created' button. That way they just follow up in the order you took the screenshot.
    I write as I go, and delete the image once it is uploaded and linked. I am also posting to a blog first and then cross posting here, so might not be that helpful depending on how you are doing it.
    ~Teresa~
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    May 12
    Vid4oKv.png
    Roxanne and Lenny arrived at the local church. There was a glow surrounding it and Lenny joked uneasily, "If it's a sign.. I'm not sure what it's saying... but I hope we're on the right side."

After entering Roxanne received a rather long message from Rubanoid... It seemed the plant matter Erwin Pries had given them was a source of strange illness. Well at least they knew that much! Unfortunately for him Erwin would have to be brought in for questioning since he actually had the plant in his possession.
    UokLMr3.png

She heard a noise and looked up to see the preacher on his way to meet them.
    88ArxcQ.png

He introduced himself as Icabod Specter. He seemed both calm and unsurprised to see them. Roxanne indicated they had some questions for him about what was going on in Strangerville and as she spoke a woman approached. Icabod introduced her as one of his volunteer helpers, Holly Anderson. He mentioned Holly was on her way out but they could speak in his office if they wished.
    nefCrK3.png

After being seated Roxanne brought up the strange illness and Icabod said he was aware of it, "Very unsual thing, Strangerville is going through it's trials, no doubt."
    "We were told that you had been giving out a plant that caused the illness to your congregation."
    Icabod raised his eyebrows, "Idle gossip! There are many that would like to see my church shut down in this town. I'm not the source of illness in anyone"
    "So you deny it?" Roxanne shot back.
    "Absolutely.. I've not been handing out, what? Seed pods?" Icabod had begun to look testy.
    When she mentioned they would need to speak to some of the congregation Icabod's brows drew together further.
    "I don't give out information on our congregants. However, you are welcome to come to the next service if you wish. The house is open then."
    It was within Icabod's right to not disclose information about those that attended his church, at least not without a warrant and so Roxanne knew their hands were tied. She tried to soften what had been said though to keep Icabod's rancor down.
    "We'll probably stop by then... you know this is just our job and we're just worried about the town. I'm sure you are too."
    0QUFoZn.png
    As Icabod was showing them out, Roxanne decided to plant a bug on him. They really had no other leads except for more questioning of Erwin, but at least they knew one way that the disease spread.
    QOsuLlk.png
    (don't miss it!)
    After the agents left, Icabod wandered around to the back of the church, passing through some privacy hedges to his special garden. His fingers trailed over the floating and reaching tendrils of the matured otherworldly plants and he smiled. "We've gotten so far" he whispered to them, "...but it's time to harvest and find another place for my lovelies.." The next service was nearly a week away. He had plenty of time.
    lFMHv91.png

egTcBMc.png
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Okay gonna crank out some comments because if I get any further behind, I'm gonna get seriously overwhelmed :D These might be all over the place, I'm not proofreading at all and usually I do just a little haha

@sassytxbrat
    It's always fun just to follow a kid throughout their day, from monsters to messes. Looks like Mia is getting in a good groove. Great daily for day 12! Mia's outfits are all really cute too! Anxious to see if Mia will get another little sibling haha

@Hermitgirl
    Your story is seriously so great! I love TS2 sims too - I never played TS2, but I played TS3 and I loved playing the Curious family, with toddler Notzo. So even though I never played TS2, I've done some readying on the pre-mades and lore since it's so iconic, so I can appreciate sims like Lazlo Curious and Circe Beaker :)

I love that you are using Rubanoid to progress the plot, and nice addition of using some prisoners for the human testing. Had to laugh about their promise of a conjugal visit, haha!

That daily shot of the church is great! That lighting was especially perfect. And I love the church you used, getting the same small town vibes as the one that I downloaded too. Definitely something you'd expect to see in Strangerville. I see your preacher is another TS2 cameo too, love that you're tying the lore from that game into this month. With all the aliens and this desert town, it's the perfect way to do it!

@Karababy52
    Poor Essa! I have to wonder if you're gonna have Josh remain missing for the bulk of this mystery and it's up to Essa to solve it and find him, or if he'll be okay and then come and help her solve it. Either way would be great :) Nice start though, I like that you had all the doors to the lab locked, very believable. I love your little experiment too in the extras - it makes sense to see what would happen if she teleported behind the sealed doors (And I know the spellcaster teleport is called something different, I just got lazy and forgot how to spell it lol). Interesting that you ended up being able to interact with the area even though the visuals weren't there. Just for fun, while I was in my game today, I used the teleport cheat to put Jules behind the door before she used her keycard, and she stayed invisible, couldn't actually locate her. So something about the spellcaster teleport is different...cool of you to try it out!

Also how did you get Essa to cry on command? Jules used to be able to cry when she was sad as a teen, but I haven't seen that option as an adult. Definitely would be a good tip to know though!

Cool use of photoshop for your explosion! It looked very real like it was actually part of the game! Also thanks for the tip about taking screenshots from angling the camera down a bit, I'm definitely gonna try that!

@IllusoryThrall
    Oh look at those sad toddlers in your daily shot, bless their little hearts. Man, having one tub for 8 sims is pretty terrible, I didn't even think of that. I've never been very good at playing where I don't cheat needs though, haha. I can usually only tolerate one sim if I'm not cheating needs ;) So kudos to you! I like that Colin came over to visit and confided in Jaz about his parent's divorce - I definitely see this friendship going somewhere. Hopefully they can hang out again soon!

I saw your schedule for aging up too, you're so invested and organized! Love it though. I commend you for playing Jaz as a kid for so long too - that's real commitment. I guess I might be doing something similar with Jules' daughter though. I think she's gonna be a kid for at least two months.

@Ellupelluellu
    Yay welcome to Strangerville. That comment about Malcolm's view CRACKED ME UP :D Also that pool *shudders* LOVE your house, the inside is super cool too. I'm guessing you used a lot of Batuu stuff too, really has a cool vibe though. Man, your welcome wagon was great, didn't realize that the sims in black would come which is a very neat little detail! Also I had to laugh a little at their separate army cot beds

@SoulGal7
    Sakura and Wolfgang are already living in domestic bliss. So cute of them to have breakfast together, and funny how Wolfgang took seconds - it does seem in character for him, since Mila for sure would cook huge meals for her boys. And very good plan about the death flower. Jules has at least 6 in her inventory right now, haha. Love the school spirit outfits too, so much fun! And I like those pop ups about Sakura winning but Wolfgang being bummed that Foxbury lost - but we all know who he was really rooting for ;)

@LegacySims2017
    I edit career outfits ALL THE TIME, so I totally get that. Jackson is looking good though, being a life guard suits him. It's nice that he's bonding will all of Duane's family. Maybe they can become a family of sorts for him <3

@Skeilah
    Man, I was just about dying when you told me Bryon got randomly abducted while you played today, but I love that you were able to use the screenshot as part of your story, LOL. Nice that Noelle has switched over to the good side and is helping them now. She's gonna be a good asset as they plan to defeat mother. I like that Mother can talk to through the infected sims, nice addition to your story. And you included the vaccine stuff in your storyline so well too. Things are heating up in your story, and I'm excited for the ride :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Sometimes I don't even take my screenshots in the order I end up posting them in, so I'm not a good person to ask about that :D

Lol I love that there's no privacy in that bathroom. Welcome to family life :D I love bath time toddler pics, always so cute. Haha, nice of you to include the painting she did, the sims always cracks me up with stuff like that. It's fun to notice the details though. Sometimes I blast through digital paintings so fast that I don't even know what my sim is painting. I enjoy slowing down and catching all the little visual details this game has to offer. Nice schedule too! That should help make things easy for you to play out. I totally have no plan when it comes to aging :D

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

@Hermitgirl ,
    About your earlier comment, yeah it did suck a big time to replay the whole semester, but I simply didn't want her to be that green faced cursed at her graduating pic :)
    -- Icabod ! Ohhhh.. are we going to see his wife too? :p

@Karababy52 ,
    Haha no, melody did not cry because of the fridge, very much same as I assume Essa really did not cry in front of Erwin? :p Cry on command :p And yes, no double bed... Why do you think they are in hurry to build that rocket??? :joy:
    -- Ahh, Essa, you will find him, I am sure of that! Haha, I have wondered why that has to be hug, to plant that thing.. Lol Essa looks confused when hugging that science person :joy: And oh poor girl in the extra pics :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    Yep, no double bed :p That is why they are in hurry to build that rocket :joy: Haha, agree on the diner :p What I didn't show was that the chef of the diner also wears gas mask :D
    -- Oh Sakura and Wolfgang had a great time at the pre game party :) Also great selfie they , Sakura and Wolfgang had! :smiley: And congrats to Sakura for victory!! I see Wolfgang is very happy for her too :smile: (See, I learn :joy:)

@miss_eulenauge ,
    If you greed the welcome wagon in SV, they will put one of that bizarre fruit on your fridge, and if you have empty planterns they also plant some :) After the end of the welcome stuff , 2 Sims in Black shows up, they take the fridge and the planted plants :) And yes they leave a note :D I believe at lest dormies also leave notes :) Maybe roommates too, but I have not tried roommate system yet :)
    -- Lots of fixing and cleaning going on there :smiley:
    And I also sort the pictures by date :smile: Newest on top, after I have uploaded pics to imgur , I usually delete the pics from my computer.

@permanentrose ,
    Haha I just happen to pause right when Malcolm was looking down :p Yes, that lot is like 70% Batuu , rest is Get to Work and SV (and those wall things from Vampires). And yep, no double bed as nothing fit there. I might of used the worn mattress from EL, but I want to use it in that world :)
    -- Haha I laughed at that random dude who they met at the hallway , "I thought it was my turn, must have read the schedule wrong." , haha that was close call, huh :joy:

@LegacySims2017 ,
    -- Congrats to Jackson for getting really to the job! :)

@Skeilah ,
    -- Great shot with that alien ship above them!!! And I am glad Noelle decided to help them :)

@sassytxbrat ,
    -- Chuckling at Mia's face at monkey bars :)

Melody Connors.... and that dude.

Day 2 , May.

3irMwSI.png
    veMcHnb.png
    ZIZv0zQ.png
    Same old, same old..

CJvyZq4.png
    Bot left to work happily...
    MAbnRn9.png
    Malcolm wasn't so happy after they got home :D

A5UPtQg.png
    Across the street from their trailer, is the Gym (Lilsimsie, edited by me)

LrxCJLU.png
    YlA0VMK.png
    Some sparring, for job.

bPvMLox.png
    Eh.. Wolfie, really??? :D

0aEOT7C.png
    awq4aZD.png
    Wolfie wanted to do some sparring too, and as higher in rank, Malcolm could not say no.

b56BNjN.png
    After that, Wolfgang gave some good advises to Malcolm..
    Melody: "Guys, hey guys! I need to train too!"
    M&W: "Yadda yadda bla bla..."
    Melody: "Oh great! Now I am invisible!"

Xft36q1.png
    Roxanne to save the day!
    hoMJ2u8.png
    Based on Wolfgang's face, he gave too good tips to Malcolm :joy:

OfYecQM.png
    Off to chat with Erwin again....
    Qmhl4pX.png
    ... who directed them to the lab.
    KUjgT8B.png
    They both examined the door, and looked out for clues.

BwLi610.png
    But it was getting late and they need their sleep, so better get home. (they still are spellcasters, but no more potions allowed)
    Z1DW7WE.png
    I spotted him outside, I might keep him! Finally not weird looking game generated sim!

iP30aYi.png
    TmYqTZs.png
    Malcolm was cooking and Melody did something fun with the computer.. yes, I know the fastest way for max fun, but I am not giving them a double bed :p (or use any.. ehem.. mods either)

R8zvkDI.png
    cFJGZi7.png
    cC1RGzm.png
    Wow! Melody washed the dishes on her own O.o

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    May - Day 12: "Be careful what you say, the walls have ears."

urUSMuu.png

Notes
    d23O4q8.png
    Essa didn't have much hope listening to the conversations of the people she'd bugged would help her find Josh. It was a long shot, but she was willing to try anything at this point. The fact Josh seemed to be missing brought back memories of when she had been taken from Mt. Komorebi and dropped in Windenburg. Is this how Josh felt not knowing what happened to her? The circumstances were much different, but similar in that it seemed Josh had disappeared without a trace just as she had.

She felt like throwing up at the thought of going inside their home with reminders of Josh everywhere she looked. It would just make the fact he was gone all the more painful...and lonely. Yes, Frank was there, but even though she'd become a bit fond of the robot, the fact remained, he was a robot and he wasn't Josh. Standing here delaying the inevitable wasn't doing any good in finding Josh though, so she finally walked over to the porch and slowly climbed the porch steps.

KwkEbub.png
    She paused a moment at the front door, closing her eyes and steeling herself for the silence that would greet her before opening her eyes. What she saw filled her with joy! There was Josh, casually holding a bowl of Superfood salad headed toward the dining room table as if it were just any other night. Essa opened the door and called his name, "JOSH! You're here!"

ApukrBI.png
    She pulled him into a fierce hug, holding on to him for dear life, trembling with happiness.

"Of course I'm here, where else would I be? Whoa, hey, are you okay?"
    "I am now! I've been out looking for you all day since you've been missing."

gUqnM2L.png
    "Missing? You, you thought I was missing? Why? Just because I was a little late getting home from work?"

tkP4cWt.png
    "I saw the explosion at the Lab and tried to text you, but you didn't text back. I tried calling and you didn't answer. I called your office and they said they couldn't locate you, but would let me know when they had. They had no idea where you were."

f72w9rb.png
    "I know I should've waited here, but I just couldn't sit here and do nothing. I kept thinking you were there, at the Lab and maybe hurt, maybe trapped or something."
    "Oh man, I had a meeting out of town and it ran late, I tried calling you but my cell was dead. Then I got a flat on the way home, and that took time to change. My Staff didn't know about the meeting, it was classified."
    "I'm so sorry Essa. I tried calling you after my phone charged, but you didn't answer. I went out on the porch and tried again. You know how the cell towers are around here, and I heard your phone ringing. It was laying in the driveway."

x9YG9Iy.png
    "I must've dropped it when I transportalated. I wasn't thinking about my phone, just the fact you were missing and I needed to find you. I was so scared Josh. The thought of you being hurt, maybe trapped and..."

3XR0QFb.png
    "...dying, alone...it made me sick inside. I just wanted to find you."

7jRCYws.png
    "Josh, I did something I promised you I wouldn't."
    "Oh Beautiful, what did you do?"

PqRshKF.png
    "I went to the Lab, by myself."

yBR8lSY.png
    "You did what now? I told you not to go there. It's not safe."

5bclTyO.png
    "I know, I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking straight, I was out of my head with worry, I just knew there had been an explosion there and I thought maybe you were there, so I went there. I should've went to town first, or to the base, but I didn't. Please don't hate me, I broke a promise, I didn't mean to, I just wanted to find you. Can you forgive me?"

DwCMUtM.png
    "Oh Beautiful, hey, hey, it's okay, why would you think I'd hate you for that. I could never hate you, I love you, you know that. I understand, I do, I'm sorry. Please don't cry."

GXweNWy.png
    "I would've done the same thing if I thought you were missing."

xlRtGu4.png
    "I know how it feels not knowing where the one you love is, wondering if you'll ever see them again, ever hold them in your arms, tell them you love them and...Essa, I'm so sorry, I never wanted either one of us to feel like that again. You mean everything to me..."

gFNVLsr.png
    TN3aumq.png
    "Wow, I guess I overreacted huh?"
    "Maybe a little, but I get it Beautiful. Especially considering our past."

0CTNgQT.png
    Essa told Josh about the rest of what she'd done while searching for him, including looking around the Lab, finding a few pieces of interesting data, how upset she'd been when no one would talk to her at the bar, and Erwin's sweet gift of the bugs when she broke down about that in front of his booth.

Josh was impressed when she told him about going back to the bar and bugging three people. Doing something like that took a lot of guts and courage to accomplish without getting caught. Especially in a busy bar full of patrons.

"I guess doing that was a waste of time now, but I didn't know it at the time."
    "Oh I don't know, I don't think it was a waste. Maybe those people know something about what's going on with the plant pods and at the Lab. You should still listen and see if they say anything about it."
    "Yeah, you're right, good point."
    "But have something to eat first, you must be starving, and then go do that. I'll clean up and practice some more spells, maybe check on Frank and the garden."

SmJxKNP.png
    Essa watched Josh washing dishes and couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed. This evening had certainly turned out much different than expected, thank God! It made her smile thinking about the amazing man she loved and loved her in return. He was back and he was safe. All was right in her world again. Mostly. There was still the mystery of the strange plants and the Lab to consider, but she was confident that together, they'd find answers.

q81AUPM.png
    Josh showed Essa how to use the Listening Device and then went downstairs to check on Frank and read more magic tomes to learn new spells.
    (Okay, here we go, talk to me people. Let's hear some secrets. Hopefully!)

Essa didn't hear much of anything at first. Mostly just ordinary things people did in the evening, having dinner, playing with their children, lots of computer keys clicking and embarrassingly, the unmistakable moans and soft whispers of one couple woo hooing. She clicked out of that post haste.
    (Josh might've liked to hear that. He's such a horn dog. Maybe I should record it for him? Nah...)
    But then, some tidbits of information began to be heard.

mfsgG56.png
    "No one knows where it came from...even the eggheads can't figure it out."
    (It? What's it?)

RSb5vTD.png
    "The order came from the very top...no one is allowed back in the Lab."
    (Hmm, so it sounds like the top military officials are hiding something in the Lab.)

iCQMjC4.png
    "The things they made us do in that Lab...I still have nightmares."
    (Like what? What did they make you do?)

iUtmNfR.png
    After awhile the machine went silent with no other sounds.
    (Everyone must be sleeping now. I have to tell Josh what I heard.)
    Essa turned off the machine and went in search of Josh.

Wow, I'm actually 'early,' at least for me. :D I'll get started on comments soon. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @Hermitgirl
    I've never tried coconut myself. Not even in something. Makes me curious to what it taste like. I like drizzly days. I'll sit out in the light rain. Always have since I can remember. So, I'm basically using myself as Jackson's childhood. :grimace:

I've been just enjoying the highlight screenshots (and some of the descriptions of it) of all the challenge stories so far. Will eventually get to reading them. I like the name Rubanoid for your Servo. It actually has made me want to read up on how he came into existence in your story, I just thought I would share that.

@IllusoryThrall
    Thanks for the monsoon tip. Never knew about the lightning can strike the tent. I learned something new today. Yay! :lol: I see Jackson running to hide out with Duane before hitting the bar scene during a bad monsoon.

@miss_eulenauge
    It depends on how severe the next monsoon is. I wasn't aware that the tent could be struck by lightning which will effect the Sim inside. So, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I won't let Jackson die from a thunderstorm, that's for sure. :lol:

I have plans how I want to work Jackson's secret and how it will effect the end of Month 1 and move into Month 2 on a different World. I think it'll be a smooth transition and a fun read.

@permanentrose
    I pretty much used my childhood to explain Jackson's. :grimace: I liked and still do to this day enjoy being outside in a light rain.

I plan on keeping Duane in the picture after Month 1. That's for sure. I'll play it, or write it I should say, by ear with Makoa and Lilliana.

@Ellupelluellu
    Jackson's first mild monsoon. Can he cope with another that could be more dangerous? Not sure he wants to find out. :grimace:

It's a low paying job, but a job for Jackson. :grimace: I think he'll enjoy being a lifeguard. I also have a storyline I am going to present around it. Add some spice to Jackson's life kinda sorta.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Twelve
    05-12-21_10-01-42-pm.jpg
    The morning started out with a cry. Brett’s cry, to be specific.

“Oh god. GO AWAY, Brett!” Phoenix yelled (which woke everyone else in the house up, of course).

Jaz climbed out of bed miserably, and went to get ready for school.
    05-12-21_10-02-52-pm.jpg
    Marnie was washing dishes, leaving the kids to eat cold, gummy pancakes from the day before. I’m not sure whether this is what annoyed Jaz, or whether she was mad at the mice, or Brett.. or.. well, she was just mad.

School still was required, though, so she finished her food, went to the bathroom and ran off to school.
    05-12-21_11-09-33-pm.jpg
    After school, Phoenix was suspiciously friendly. Jaz had him help with her homework a little bit, and in no time, she was done. Only to get a surprise. She had a visitor.
    05-12-21_11-16-14-pm.jpg
    When she got upstairs, Elsa Bjergson was there, waiting on her.

“Umm…. hi??” Jaz tried.
    05-12-21_11-17-07-pm.jpg
    “I wanted to stop by for two reasons. One, Colin told me how much you helped him when he needed a friend. I really appreciate it and I wanted to let you know in person.” Elsa began.
    05-12-21_11-17-30-pm.jpg
    “Really, it wasn’t anything I wouldn’t have done for anyone who needs someone to listen.” Jaz tried to play it off, feeling very awkward. She’d never been thanked for anything before.
    05-12-21_11-18-45-pm.jpg
    Inside, I caught a shot of Bennie playing with his little brother all of his own accord. Then, Marnie forced him to finish him homework. Again. Bennie grumbled, but sat down at the table anyway to get to work.
    05-12-21_11-20-41-pm.jpg
    “Oh, and the second reason?” Elsa started, smiling slyly. “A new position has opened up in the League of Adventurers. I would like to know if you would like to join. Phoenix has approved – which is important, because he was here first – and we all decided you would be the best choice.”

“WHAT?” Jazmyn exclaimed. “Are you SERIOUS?”

“Of course!” Elsa smiled back.

“Well, yea! I mean.. yes. I would like to join.” Jaz stammered her reply.

Elsa wrapped Jaz in a big hug and gave her a squeeze. “Great! Our next meeting is tomorrow at the park, if you would like to come?”
    05-12-21_11-23-31-pm.jpg
    A bit later, Elsa and Jaz spent some time working on Jaz’s science project.
    05-12-21_11-25-55-pm.jpg
    Bennie finished his homework, took an important call.. and came out to help.
    05-12-21_11-27-59-pm.jpg
    In no time, it was done. With a cheer, they packed it up and all headed to bed. Tomorrow was a new day.. and Jaz was finally finding friends!
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose
    Wow, you're at the last task already, great job! I will never get over how Sims get the vaccine thrown in their face to work. So weird! I guess they figured possessed Sims wouldn't sit still for a shot or something. One question, did you do something with the lighting in the Lab? I don't remember it being so pinky/orange before. It's been awhile since I played the mystery though, so maybe I'm misremembering something or they changed it. Just curious... :)

I'm sure you know by now what's up with Josh. :) Oh, it's called Transportalate. It is different than Teleport. It's faster and has different animations. Have no idea why you couldn't see Jules. I couldn't see Essa at first, but then she appeared. There's a command literally called, 'cry on demand' that your Sims will have available when you click on them if your Sim has a high enough Acting Skill from GF. They will cry and then have a sad moodlet for 4 hours, very handy! I used it in today's post too.

Thank you about the explosion! You're welcome about the blurry/not blurry tip too! :)

@Skeilah
    Oh good! First thing I see is Naoki at home. Whew! Oh awesome! So happy to see Noelle again too and she's there to help them! Does the chemical analyzer from the Scientist career work to make the vaccines? Very cool if it does. I thought the SV one was different. Glad Jess was one of the test subjects, the last, which of course works. :) Ugh, oh no! Here comes the aliens. o.O

@IllusoryThrall
    Thanks! She got some great news when she went back home though. ;)

Yay for Jaz! The day started out mad, but ended well with new friends and a new club to join. That's so great for her. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Lots of potty breaks, mopping, fixing things, the usual stuff Sims have to do at the beginning. Nice Sarah got 1300 for that painting! I like the colors, I'm a purple freak, but I certainly wouldn't run out to buy it and tell my friends to buy it too. :D Nice back porch area for the kids. :)

I would try what Skeilah suggested for making sure your screenshots are in order.

@Hermitgirl
    Ichabod Specter, nice name! I'm guessing he's another TS2 Sim. Related to Olive Specter? Oh sure, Preacher's not doing anything wrong, nope not at all, everything is perfectly innocent here. NOT! :D Great shot of him in his 'garden.' Love the daily pic too with the sun-rays shining down on the church. Good thing Roxanne bugged the guy. They'll find out soon he's a phony!

@Ellupelluellu
    Ah, okay. But Essa actually did cry in front of Erwin, and yes I made her using 'cry on command' that came with the Acting Skill in GF. :) HAHA About the rocket! Isn't a bed much cheaper than a rocket though for woo hoo? :D I agree about the hug to plant a bug, it's so awkward! They cross their eyes too, why? Especially when your Sim doesn't have hardly any friendship and just met them! Why not just a pat on the back or something instead? It was just a temporary possession though, thankfully, and hilarious to see! :D

Absolutely LOVE your daily pic, it's gorgeous! Is that a lizard? I've never seen one in SV, they are in the JA jungles though. Very cool! Yay! Towel couple is back! They look great in their uniforms! What was Wolfie embarrassed about? Did he fart or something? :D Nice how they both got sparring partners eventually. I don't blame Melody for being annoyed at being ignored. Oh cool, they are about where Essa and Josh are in the mystery. Wow, that townie is pretty cute for a townie! Lucky! Okay, I'm curious, why won't you give them a double bed? :D Is there not a suitable one that goes with the décor or something?
    @Karababy52
    I temporarily replaced the GTW Chemical Analyzer with the one from SV (which is found with bb.showhiddenobjects and debug). The one from GTW doesn’t work for SV ^^ I’ll replace them again when the mystery is over.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @IllusoryThrall
    Lol, you set up Jaz to live a tortured childhood and she better appreciate it! Hehe, great shot on the lightening and that family... what a stinky, angry mess!
    Aww for the next post I'm happy for Jaz, getting some acceptance. One day she'll escape!

@Karababy52
    I loved the way you worked in that Josh was at the lab when everything went down, nice. I like Erwin as a character so will be good to see him trying to help Essa too.
    -Great update on the next one too. Whew Josh was okay. I didn't know what to expect there. Rubanoid was offended by your comment about Frank at first but he's okay now. Frank isn't Josh.. so it's reasonable. For now.. :D
    I keep forgetting to try to use magic with Roxanne since I'm just winging it and the story wants to go so many ways lol. I need to remember to use it! Also, Icabod Specter is Olive Specters last husband in her graveyard in Sims 2. I have a big storyline with him and Olive in another save but I like his relationship with the Mother so I brought it here.

@Ellupelluellu
    Everything looks great in your Strangerville and Melody and that dude in their cowboy gear do too. The Pears in Black! I wondered if they still came. I guess they don't come to your house when your sims are the Sims in Black, or I had a glitch cause I didn't have them show up.
    Gotta get those towel shots in! Not that I mind at all. Too bad you don't have better mods lol. Nice game spawned scientist, it's a miracle!
    -I don't know if I'll upload my sims from that save. There are so many and I made them a couple of years back, not even sure if I have non-skilled ones. Olive Specter is still young in my Sims 2 save and has to go through all of her other husbands before him. Good thing sims have potions of youth or the Mother can keep you young!

@SoulGal7
    They finally get their dinner! This post was a smilefest nice to see things going well for awhile.

@miss_eulenauge
    Potty pictures and different parenting styles! Lol cute pictures. Mine get pictures get scrambled too even though I empty that folder per play session, no clue why.
    - Thought about having the bad scientists do something to Rubanoid but there's not enough time in the month. Besides they prefer to get sims that won't be missed >:)

@permanentrose
    Read your post grinning. That mother is scary when your in there with the sounds and everything! And it makes sense to have other's do the vaccines for the story. Roxanne got the cure! Hallelujah!
    -I put that church where Oasis Springs park is and for some reason I always have those light rays there since Eco Living.. so it worked for the shot! Thanks for the compliment about the story.. I hope I can keep it up and make sense with it at least for this month.

@LegacySims2017
    Lilliana "visiting" was nice at least Jackson's still keeping his secret for now.
    Rubanoid doesn't really have a story other than they met at University. Sometimes I just play and let weird things happen, with a little push. Roxanne has lots of strange friends (Father Christmas, Manniquins, Bonehilda, Patchy... ect) because it amuses me so she married a robot lol.

@Skeilah
    I was laughing at the "sorry not sorry" comment when you threw the vaccine at Naoki. Good thing Noelle was willing to help. The aliens are hot on your trails!

@sassytxbrat
    The thought of that risky woohoo scares me! I'm scared of playing too many sims hehe..
    egTcBMc.png
    @Skeilah
    Ohhh, okay, that's cool. Thanks for the clarification! I thought maybe I remembered wrong or they changed it so our Sims could use the Science career chemical analyzer. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Huh? I never said or implied Josh was at the Lab, he was at a meeting out of town...oh wait, did you think that meant he was at the Lab? Nope! :) I really like Erwin, he's a good guy. The fact he's paranoid just makes him all the more endearing. :) HAHA! Uh, sorry Rubanoid. Essa knows Robots have feelings, for instance, she knows he's in love with Bendy. So what she said was mostly about how he isn't Josh. :) Oh man, I am having so much fun using magic along with the SV story. It's just enhances the enjoyment, at least for me. :) Ah, okay. I figured he had to be related to her just because how you'd used the Strangetown Sims in the previous chapter. Very cool, I love that! <3
    May 13
    bUnvMa2.png
    Link to the post on my blog

Bryons Diary
    vm473iN.png
    We were literally racing against the time at this moment, trying our best to create enough vaccinations as possible.

eOxaAkU.png
    (Noelle) “If we can manage to make some extras, we can use them as a weapon to throw towards Mother, to make her weaker.”
    (Bryon) “Will that work?”
    (Noelle) “When the vaccination works on possessed people, it’ll work on Mother too for sure.”

sVX9p7u.png
    Naoki, still possessed, was of course the first person we would vaccinate.

ZXpsI5i.png
    (Bryon) “Hope it works now!!”

BD7Hzx9.png
    (Bryon) “Whoa...”

L2F4Dnl.png
    (Naoki) “Whoa indeed... My head... Wait. Did it work?!”

wDpohF4.png
    (Bryon) “I... Guess it did!”
    (Naoki) "Thank you!!!"

*phone buzzing*

(Noelle) “Not to ruin the mood, but someone is calling you, Bryon.”
    (Bryon) "Oh."

VjmoQD9.png
    It’s Johnny.

(Bryon) “Johnny! My vaccination is working! Naoki is better!”
    (Johnny) “That’s great news! But ehm... That's not really why I called. We got a big problem, Bryon. Something inside of the lab is going crazy. We need to investigate.”
    (Bryon) “There’s no need for investigation, but a need for action. I already know what’s going on. The aliens are after us, Johnny. They know I went into the deepest part to get Naoki back. If we don't take them down first, it's over for us. On the good side, we have doctor Noelle siding with us.”
    (Johnny) “🐸🐸🐸🐸 Bryon, that’s even more intense than I thought it was. Taking them down? All of them?"
    (Bryon) "I can use all the help I can get. You wanna help?"
    (Johny) "Sure!"

(Erwin, in the background) "What do we have to take down?"

(Bryon) "Is Erwin with you?"
    (Johnny) "Yeah, he is. He wants to help too."
    (Bryon) "He could come in handy. Naoki is too weak to fight, but if we go with just the three of us, I don't think it'll be enough... If he wants to help, he can come with us. Maybe the two of you should just come over here."
    (Johnny) "Sure! We're on our way!"

S8Mw4aR.png
    A few seconds later, Johnny and Erwin were also in our backyard.

LybHn5R.png
    (Bryon) “Erwin? What happened to you? You suddenly look so... Normal.”
    (Erwin) “Do you like it?! I still feel a little bit uncomfortable without my colander, but I was positive that you would come up with some kind of solution to keep us safe...”

4D0bkA4.png
    (Bryon) “Well, in that case, I have this for you.”

And splash, a vaccination in Erwin’s face.

(Erwin) “What’s that?! Magical holy water?!”
    (Bryon) “Nope, a vaccination.”

73Mzoo4.png
    (Bryon) “Johnny, I got one for you too.”
    (Johnny) “Ah!”

aYiJG2t.png
    (Johnny) “Did you really have to splash that in my face...?”
    (Bryon) “Yep, I did!”

3DEcS8A.png
    (Bryon) “So, now that we’re all vaccinated, there’s only one thing for is left to do... The only thing we can do. Defeat the aliens and Mother, so that we finally get our kids back and so that Strangerville turns normal again.”
    (Erwin) “Sounds like a good plan for me!”
    (Johnny) “I’m already seeing their faces before me when they got defeated, hahaha!”

v3vN6In.png
    (Bryon) “I’m so sorry you can’t go with us, Naoki...”
    (Naoki) “It’s okay, really. Save the world and our kids, don’t think too much about me. I'm just trying to recover from that infection. I’ll be fine.”

gZxJtEM.png
    (Bryon) “Are you all ready???”
    (Everyone) “Yes!”
    (Bryon) "Let's end this!"

bUnvMa2.png
    And so, moments later, the four of us are on our way to fight... And hopefully win.

To be continued...
    edited May 2021
    Update 132 - The calm before the storm

rNPmKnf.png

Notes:
    It was the night before they would set out for the lab to defeat the Mother plant. Jules had been scheming with Skeilah, Hugo, Chloe, and Emmett for several days now, and they felt confident that they were ready to destroy that ghastly plant. Skeilah and Chloe had developed sprayers that would blast large volumes of their vaccination at the plant at one time, hopefully weakening it. Now, all there was left to do was wait until morning.

Jules sat up by one of the airplane wings with Pickle, enjoying the cool desert evening, though her mind tumbled with all of her thoughts and uncertainties.
    XIQf2WT.png

"Mind if I join you?" Emmett asked her. He was off work for the evening and had stopped by to make sure everything was in place for tomorrow.

Jules shook her head, and they leaned back against the ground, looking up at the sky.

"It's so gorgeous," Jules sighed with a sad smile. "Too bad all those beautiful colors are due to all the toxins in the air..."
    EQGhEMd.png
    2keJmKF.png

"You doing okay?" Emmett asked, noting the melancholy tone in her words.
    HzSZ2yc.png

Jules sat up, and Emmett joined her. She let out a small sigh. "Everything just feels...so uncertain," Jules told him. "I tried to call Ruby earlier, but the cell service isn't great here, so I got cut off before I could even tell her how much I love her." Her voice broke a little here. "I miss her so much, and I just hope that wasn't the last time I'll get to talk to her..."
    S6pqUJl.png

"Oh Jules," Emmett soothed, scooting closer to her so he could wrap his arms around her. "I know that I can't guarantee anything, but we have a good plan and a good team to execute it. And I promise I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."
    BPfagCB.png

"You'll be calling Ruby this time tomorrow, telling her what a bad a** Mommy she has," he assured her with a small chuckle, giving her a quick kiss near her temple before he could think better of it.
    6VruX9r.png

She melted up against him, and for a moment, she felt safe and hopeful.
    EYiLvAu.png

Post edited by permanentrose on
    @Hermitgirl It can add a lot of kids to a household, for sure.
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    @IllusoryThrall
    Aw, so glad that Elsa came over! She's such a sweetheart! Jaz is really starting to thrive <3

@Karababy52
    HAhaha, yeah that vaccination animation is terrible. I'm assuming they didn't want to trigger people with a fear of needles and that's why they made it a drink instead of a needle? Or they just didn't want to bother to make any new animations so they recycled the "throw drink" one. Lol, regardless, it's ridiculous. And I did change the lighting in the lab - I wanted that ominous red tone in the background, kind of like all the the actual power had been diverted into the Mother plant, and the emergency backup lights were the only ones that were still working in the lab or something...just something I decided to play around with :) And ugh, too bad that's only a feature with GF. Crying on command is so useful for screenshots sometimes haha

Is that @Ellupelluellu's Veera in the photo beside Essa in your daily shot? Anyway, glad that Josh is okay! Nice conversation you had between them as Essa voiced her worries, and nice touch with her dropping her phone when she transportellied or whatever ;) (LOL maybe one day I will both to learn how to spell it) Nice screenshots with her listening in too. Glad that she's finally getting to investigate some too, I look forward to seeing your plan for how she gets herself involved to the point of no return in order to complete this aspiration!

@Ellupelluellu
    Love your daily shot! I almost got a good one of a snake slithering by the first day Jules moved to the trailer but didn't catch it in time. And now I've been too busy with other stuff in my game to notice all the cool little animations and background stuff of this world, haha. Ooh, fun that Wolfie is a fellow soldier, and nice shots of them practicing combat with Wolfie and Roxanne. Love Roxanne's hair by the way. Also that townie scientist really did turn out nice! Most of mine have been spawning with weird colored hair :D

Also yes the mod way to fill the fun need - I admit that behind the scenes that happens often in my game LOL

@Skeilah
    Nice job getting your group vaccinated and ready to go. Erwin's makeover is so cute too! And cute that he feels a little uncomfortable without his colander haha. I find Erwin to be goofy and cute in the same way that Hugo is. And then they're off! I love that we're both going to fight the Mother plant tomorrow. Epic battles in two updates haha
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 13

jackson-05-13-02.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 13 (Friday)

Jackson woke up to clear skies. No rain in the sky was seen. He went for his morning jog and a quick swim in the ocean. Then it was time to head off to school. Duane had texted him giving him encouragement of being a lifeguard. They also met up in a class and talked about it.

After school, Jackson wanted to work on his tan. He really wanted to do it to impress the ladies that might need help on the beach. Now that he owned his own beach towel, he didn’t have to go to one of the other beaches to tan up on their lounge chairs. When it was time, he confidently made his way to work.

It ended up being a slow evening for Jackson. Nothing exciting happened. Not that it should when watching a beach of people swimming in the ocean or playing around in the sand. He was up to 391 simoleons now after his two days of training and first day of real lifeguarding. His boss mentioned to him that if his job performance remains positive, he could potentially get raises and make more simoleons.

Side Notes:
    • I ended up having a beach towel glitch happening for this chapter, so there is no screenshot unfortunately. I had to put the towel in his inventory and have him place it. Then I had him sunbathe, but the towel disappeared. This could be used to my advantage in a future chapter where I want a Sim just to lay in the sand.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-13-01.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 1/10
    • Comedy - 1/10
    • Fitness – 4/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) - 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 13: "Codename - Batuu"

fTHoPE2.png

Notes
    Tivgho4.png
    Josh and Frank had been keeping each other company reading in the couple's bedroom while Essa was busy on the Listening Device. So it didn't take long for Essa to find Josh, she got up from her chair and there he was, just coming out of her office after putting away a tome. She told him everything that she'd heard. Well, almost everything. She left out the part about hearing the woo hoo session.

IBNnjFF.png
    "I think we need to go back to the Lab and look around again, see if anyone's guarding it now. Just a recon mission to look for more information if no one's there. You said there was more boxes and papers you didn't look through, right?"
    "Yeah, there's a lot of stuff there, but I didn't want to waste too much time checking it since I was there to find you."

mAXIh49.png
    "Okay, we discussed disguises before. I have an idea about that. What do you think about using our GeekCon costumes?"

DX1SZjS.png
    "Won't those be too hot though?"
    "Maybe, but I bet the air conditioning is still on in the Lab. They'd want to keep all their equipment and specimens of, whatever they're hiding, cool and preserved while they study it."
    "Nobody will recognize us in those get-ups either, good thinking!"
    "Get ups? I thought you liked our costumes?"
    "Oh I do, it's just a phrase Babe. They're fun and I know you love that stuff."

QyiWd2u.png
    "Alright, let's do this!"

Essa and Josh helped each other don their costumes and modify them for their disguises. When they were ready, Josh went to tell Frank not to worry, they should be back in a few hours. Essa went outside to wait for him in the driveway.

JZcVhpN.png
    "You know what I love about you?"
    "What's that?"
    "You're always willing to go along with any of my Geeky ideas."

8RlUHJQ.png
    "Hey, I love video games and Star Wars too!"

384E0pK.png
    "I know, but not as much as I do. Well anyway, should we get going? It's too hot to stand out here like this."
    "We should've waited until it was dark."
    "Probably, but we're ready now. Why wait?"

Vx4Kltv.png
    Essa and Josh transportalated some distance from the Lab so they could scope it out and make sure no one was around. After a few minutes, neither one wanted to wait any longer. It was 95F in the desert and they were both sweating and in danger of overheating. Why they thought wearing dark, heavy clothes, boots, hoods, gloves and face make-up was a good idea, neither one could say.

The deed was done though, they were here and both just wanted to go inside where it was hopefully cool.

"Alright, aim for the middle of the round part of the building. We should land right in front of that big steel door I told you about. Ready?"
    "Ready as I'll ever be!"

1O3altR.png
    Josh cast the spell perfectly, landing right in front of Essa within just a couple inches. They both breathed a sigh of relief upon feeling the cool air around them. Just as Josh had predicted, the air conditioning was still running.

Essa went to check out some boxes she'd missed before, while Josh inspected the steel door. Just as Essa had informed him, it appeared a keycard was needed to open it. He had a feeling whatever secrets were being held here, were beyond that door. There was most likely at least one or several floors beneath them.

He had a good idea on how to get a keycard too, but that would have to wait until they were back home.

8dlVnb0.png
    Finished checking out the door, Josh too began to search through the many boxes and files scattered haphazardly around this part of the building. Essa joined him after awhile when she couldn't find anything more that looked interesting enough to take and examine later.

"Hey soldier, when you're done there, this recruit could use a kiss."

Josh immediately stood up and took Essa in his arms to grant her request.

rjHZ0W5.png
    Pn3hHxC.png
    "I don't know about you, but I'm pretty turned on with all this sneaky spy stuff. I think we've found everything we can, for now. What do you think about going home and, uh, getting out of these hot clothes?"
    "Oh Beautiful, you know me so well, don't you? Yes! Let's get out of here."

q5YxSxH.png
    0SYc4qg.png
    This one's just for you @Hermitgirl! ;)

8rks3z7.png
    A bit later, the two went in the bedroom to use Josh's computer.
    "At that meeting I went to, some of us were informed if we were at the proper rank, we could requisition a keycard for the Lab. I don't know why they'd give me access for one since I'm not assigned to the Lab, but if we're lucky, I might be able to get one for that door."

HZALytf.png
    "Oh please God, I hope so!"

mW54SLE.png
    "Let's see...just a few more clicks, checking the menu...okay, there's the 'Authorized Personnel Only' menu...and..."

CPgs74s.png
    "There it is! Holy Simoly, I can get one! I think. It's not grayed out anyway."
    "Really!? Click it, click it!"
    "I am, hold on. I have to give my name, rank and serial number."

xS5npdr.png
    "Are you sure you want to do this Josh? I can get one from Erwin. He said all he needed was some kind of evidence to make sure I was serious. We've got a lot of stuff I'm sure he'd find interesting."
    "Yes, I'm sure, it's fine. But we can always get the one from Erwin too as a backup in case this one doesn't work."
    "Okay."

SuQaiV8.png
    "It's done. I ordered it. Should be here within a couple days. So now we wait. It's happening Beautiful. We'll be able to get by that door and see what they're hiding."
    "I hope you're right."
    "Let's go look at all that stuff we found and see if we can decipher what any of it means before we hand it over to Erwin."

Extras
    JG7tGQO.png
    Just a few outakes from their visit to the Lab. I had a couple of fun glitches I thought I'd share. When I say my couple are close to each other, I mean they're VERY close to each other. They fit together so perfectly, it's uncanny!

1 + 1 = 1

ZJslo9B.png
    This one just blew my mind! Even their sunglasses look like they are meant to be together like that and their hoods! I love fun glitches like this!

N17oG2a.png
    The way they landed so close together inside the Lab was actually a glitch too. I must've clicked on the same spot for both of them. I love this screenshot, it's just so pretty! At least to me. :)

I was going to wait to post this until later since yesterday's wasn't posted all that long ago, but it's finished now so why wait? I'll have to make comments later though. I need to get some rest. Have a good one! <3
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    Thank you for the advice! It turns out that the pictures were sorted in the Screenshots folder, but somehow always get scrambled when I upload them to Imgur. Now that I knew what was up, I went through and sorted them before deleting them from the screenshots folder...

last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 9 - Bridgeview

X5P3V5g.png

Sarah's Diary
    0rWzLHO.png
    The day starts, yet again, with me giving Mark a bath. I think he doesn't go potty during the night, so that's why he always needs a bath?
    nSjvV4E.png
    Then, we attempted to have a family breakfast. But as always - it didn't work. This was the best we got. A second afterwards, Greg was up already, and I got to washing the dishes...
    mn9bDwO.png
    Um, Greg - are you going crazy now too?!
    gLK76jv.png
    In between all the madness, I got this weird text from some random person. I didn't dwell on it too much - how should I, with two toddlers and a job?!
    HEifBAz.png
    In the Afternoon, Granny came by and wanted to check on me.
    I963nNy.png
    And... Mandatory potty picture! (When was it ever quiet in here?!) I really wanted to take this as the daily pic, but then she had Baby #3 and I figured that was probably more important than a full bathroom :/
    cPIc1hg.png
    Then, we were playing on the new front porch again, and I worked on some more logos.
    Since we made some changes to the house, I figured I'd show some pictures: Sorry that they are so dark, but we've had cloudy weather all day long.
    rvYhVJ9.png
    SEYIt0u.png
    r3gjfUg.png
    YkgLqzv.png
    EoHHwLE.png
    Also, this was when I noticed that the thunderstorm some days ago has apparently burnt our monkey bars. I'll try and replace them before Harvestfest in two days - then the twins will age up and be able to play on them.
    IsYIvAk.png
    These are the Logos that I worked on. I liked the one with the sun so much that I decided to keep it and to make another one for the Client. Meanwhile, Greg was trying to work on a Gig as well, but had to stop to repair the Computer.
    O5YO0rD.png
    Yes, we both were so tired we could barely function.
    yDimlBI.png
    I put the sun picture over our bed and painted one with fishes on it as replacement. Luckily, this client was less demanding!
    WNjABpe.png
    Sophia and Mark were a bit annoyed that they had to go to bed early, but I wanted to get at least some sleep before their little sibling came.
    GMjkm7p.png
    I think he hadn't quite realized what was happening at first, but then he understood: It was 02:11 and we were having a baby!
    X5P3V5g.png
    This is Miles Britton, our thirdborn. I hope he will have a happy childhood with his siblings and us. <3
    6YaqXuA.png
    After feeding Miles, we both caught some more sleep, while the twins had their nightly potty break. (After this picture I remembered to put in an upstairs wastebin... At least!)

I am already looking forward to the morning, when the twins will get up and see their little brother. They are so big already! In two days, on Harvestfest, they'll age up to kids and start school. And the day afterwards, Miles will have his birthday.

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a toddler now, and is very independent.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a toddler now too, and is a little charmer.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a baby right now.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited May 2021
    I may or may not have a problem. I spent more than 5 hours building a house for next month for this challenge. Most of that time was spent turning my gorgeous shell into a trash heap. Just so the family can get screenies and "work" to clean it up. *facepalm*

Edit: at the suggestion by a twitch streamer friend.. it's been turned into a challenge....
    junkhouse.jpg
    Post edited by IllusoryThrall on
    Mia Patina
    May 13

Week 2, Friday

2021-05-07-06_07_31-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Jake hangs around for the whole night, even though he slept on the couch. He considered joining Skye but then decided he actually wanted to get some sleep. Morning came and he left.
    2021-05-07-05_56_20-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye had a busy day, getting the house ready to sell. She has decided they need a slightly bigger house.
    2021-05-07-05_58_33-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

In addition to cleaning, she also had to do some repairs. Although the coffee maker is self preservation since she cannot live without her coffee.
    2021-05-07-05_59_22-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia takes Friday as a vacation day from school and slept late. Then she worked on her typing skill and played the typing game for awhile.
    2021-05-07-06_00_35-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Basically, the rest of the day she was either playing on the monkey bars or dancing to the stereo.
    2021-05-07-06_03_46-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye is proud of her mommy skills. Thankfully, she is not pregnant.
    2021-05-07-06_04_43-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake drops by as usual and today he is glad to spend the time with Mia. Mia just completed another badge and only has two remaining.
    2021-05-07-06_05_40-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye is about to head off for her movie shoot but there is just enough time for a quick dance with Mia and some chats with Jake.
    2021-05-07-06_07_31-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake is good at cleaning up around the house, which Skye really is not.
    2021-05-07-06_08_57-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye took Eli to daycare and left Mia home alone. Mia is glad because she is getting to stay outside late, even if it is past her bedtime.
    2021-05-07-06_10_07-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Motor aspiration done, motor skill mastered, and fitness badge earned. It has been a good day. Mia will be working on the mental aspiration next, although she won’t be able to do her homework focused until Monday, so she will jump to the social aspiration for the weekend.
    2021-05-07-06_12_01-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye comes home from her movie. She didn’t make a lot today, definitely received pay on the low end of the scale. But she moved her performance needle in the right direction and she hasn’t passed out yet. She is finding that becoming an actress is hard work and uploading videos is not a fast or easy way to becoming a celebrity.
    2021-05-07-06_13_09-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top