Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't click on some items, Sims, or lots. MC not working.

I recently had an issue with my Graphics Card, so I had to fix the issue and whatever I did deleted my game, so I started a new one. I created a teenager and her father, moved them into an empty lot (to give them more money to start with), edited their home the way I liked it, and moved them in. Right when the game started at 8:00 AM, I deleted her father and used the cell phone to have 2 roommates move in. I edited them a bit (changed their outfits, hair, and traits). Now, about 2 Sim hours into the game, I immediately saved the game, and now I can't click on several items in the home, or one of the neighbor Sims, or some community lots.

I also noticed at the same time that when I click on the Sims I can click on, that the NRAAS MasterController option doesn't show up in the action menu. I looked in my Mods folder and MasterController, Errortrap, and all my other Mods ARE in the Packages folder. Nothing looks unchanged.

Can someone please help me out here??

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    What method did you use to delete the father?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    kwohldkwohld Posts: 110 Member
    I figured out the problem, I think (with the mods folder at least). I had 2 EA folders on my desktop, one in My Documents and one in This PC--> Local Disc (C:). The one in My Documents was missing the Mods folder, so I moved the Mods folder in my C drive-->EA over into the EA Folder in my Documents. Also the method I used for deleting my father was using "testingcheatsenabled true" then I hit shift and the delete option came up.
  • Options
    Somehow when I moved the folder over to My Documents, my worlds were deleted so I downloaded them again (all are located on the Sims 3 Store site) but they are not showing up in my Installed Worlds folder. Sure enough, I opened the game and my purchased worlds aren't showing up on the menu.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2021
    kwohld wrote: »
    Also the method I used for deleting my father was using "testingcheatsenabled true" then I hit shift and the delete option came up.
    What that does is object-delete the sim's body while the sim's data stays in the game. You can't do that in TS3, to any sim but especially to one in the actively being played household, without the game going corrupt. The safe way to delete a sim so it's as if they never existed is to use MC's Total Annihilation command on them.

Store and other content is all local to the game folder in use. You would need to not only download them again, but Launcher install them on a new game folder.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Ooooh, yeah I did not know that, won't do that again. Thanks for the tip!
    Ok. So I started a test game, then I downloaded them on the EA store website then installed them the 2nd time on the client. The little icons in the downloads section said the worlds were installed. Still no luck.
  • Options
    I ended up deleting my EA folder, uninstalling my games and reinstalling, and I am able to install my worlds now.