Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Britechester After Dark (Updated 06.21)

2...Next

Comments

• Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    I'll leave my comment in spoiler tags
    Ooo this is sooo intruiging, like what will happen to Zeke? What is she talking about with the coma and "this state"? I really want to know more. You're great at revealing interesting details while still keeping me on the edge of my seat for more.
  • BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Hi all, new update :)

Sorry I've been busy and haven't been spending a lot of time on the forums. I have read all your comments, thank you, I appreciate each and every one <3
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @BlackUndecimber
    Great storytelling so far. The pics are beautiful. The ending feels a little mysterious.
    Thank you! The pics are why I'm so slow :joy: What would we do without a little mystery in our lives?

Thanks for reading!
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    Chapter 1.4
    Kitty ;o; I really love the part where it's just screenshots but without words, it's very powerful. Loving all the mystery surrounding this story. I see Zeke is awake again! I don't have many of my own theories on the manager etc. yet or what may actually be going on that we don't know about, but I'm interested to figure out exactly what is going on. The suspense is huge ;o;
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    Chapter 1.4
    Kitty ;o; I really love the part where it's just screenshots but without words, it's very powerful. Loving all the mystery surrounding this story. I see Zeke is awake again! I don't have many of my own theories on the manager etc. yet or what may actually be going on that we don't know about, but I'm interested to figure out exactly what is going on. The suspense is huge ;o;
    I know! Kitty :smiley:
    I'm glad you like the screenshot part. To be honest, I'm not used to taking pics, so having only screenshots was a little out of my comfort zone. I'm trying to push myself to try different things for this story!
    Yup, poor Zeke is having a bad time, but at least he's up now :joy: We'll see how he handles the suspense, though I don't think he's too excited about it lol.

Thank you for reading <3
    New chapter time B ^ )
    I love the nonchalance of “Sorry for knocking you out.” : P When you think about it, ‘legality does not dictate morality’ is a really good point.
    Woah, the reveal with the girl walking right through the bar X_X So everyone in the bar is in a coma or something? I thought maybe they were all dead until she said about their lives being 'on hold'. That's chilling, but also a really interesting concept for a story. I love the banter with Cap and Rowan there. Let's see how seein the manager again is going to go...
    they/them or she/her
  • magpieprincemagpieprince Posts: 25 Member
    I love the premise of this! Supernatural stuff has always been fun to me
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @BlackUndecimber
    I was just thinking about your story today, and you posted the latest chapter. Is that another cliffhanger at the end? I don't really mind them. Cliffhangers make readers wonder what's gonna happen next. The screenshots are gorgeous as usual.
    Hehe, I don't TRY to make all the endings cliffhangers... honest! I cut them off where it feels natural, and they all somehow end up becoming cliffhangers. Hopefully I won't take as long as I did this time for the next chapter, but I've learnt that I shouldn't try to make deadlines for these things. I just cannot seem to keep them.
    New chapter time B ^ )
    I love the nonchalance of “Sorry for knocking you out.” : P When you think about it, ‘legality does not dictate morality’ is a really good point.
    Woah, the reveal with the girl walking right through the bar X_X So everyone in the bar is in a coma or something? I thought maybe they were all dead until she said about their lives being 'on hold'. That's chilling, but also a really interesting concept for a story. I love the banter with Cap and Rowan there. Let's see how seein the manager again is going to go...
    Welp, when you've knocked out a guy, what is there left to say, really :D
    I always found legality vs morality interesting. In this case, it's hard to bring 'legality' into the equation because... coma patients walking around?? If no one can see them, how do you make laws on that? So these guys took it into their own hands.
    Cap and Rowan are being the dum and dummer xD We'll see if the manager finds it amusing!
    I love the premise of this! Supernatural stuff has always been fun to me
    Hey, welcome to the thread! I know, supernaturals are so fun! I hope to introduce all the races into the story at some point.

Thank you all for reading :)

: D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D
    Just so you know I've suggested this story to one of my off-site Simmer friends who was looking for something cool and original to read ^u^

That blurred longshot of the city is just... perfect! Good to see they are pushing Caden for answers, and I already want to slap him for hitting Lexi! The spellcasting twins pic is really cool, I love the character pics, texture smudge BGs and the poses, they almost look a bit like they'd make good comic book covers.

I'm liking the build-up on the lore surrounding the sleepwalkers as well. So I'm guessing that, if a sleepwalker does too much in their coma-ghost form, then they run the risk of becoming brain-dead? Or dead-dead? And that includes trying to communicate with people they know?

That ending was intriguing, but also disturbing. I love it!
    they/them or she/her
    : D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D
    Just so you know I've suggested this story to one of my off-site Simmer friends who was looking for something cool and original to read ^u^

That blurred longshot of the city is just... perfect! Good to see they are pushing Caden for answers, and I already want to slap him for hitting Lexi! The spellcasting twins pic is really cool, I love the character pics, texture smudge BGs and the poses, they almost look a bit like they'd make good comic book covers.

I'm liking the build-up on the lore surrounding the sleepwalkers as well. So I'm guessing that, if a sleepwalker does too much in their coma-ghost form, then they run the risk of becoming brain-dead? Or dead-dead? And that includes trying to communicate with people they know?

That ending was intriguing, but also disturbing. I love it!
    Oh thank you! I'm glad you like the story enough to recommend it to friends :smiley:

I know, Del Sol Valley has quite the view! The lights are spectacular at night, but the day view has it's own charms. Caden is a *word that cannot be used on forums* but at least his deeds are out in the open now.
    Hehe the character poses... I was thinking of character introductions in webtoons/manga and that's what I came up with. Super fun to make, but heck if positioning all the props aren't annoying :joy:

Sleepwalkers are a variable bunch so not all of them are affected by the same things, but trying to communicate with people they know has generally resulted in the badness. What happens if they go too far? Perhaps we'll see next time...

Thank you for reading, as always :)
    edited May 2021
    Soz for the long gap between updates, it's been one crazy month but here I am 😂

EEEE I am hyped ;u;
    I remember in the last chapter that trying to communicate with the 'living' can cause problems, so I just hope Lexi hasn't died or gone forever ;-; Oh God, so Rowan has been killed, and Lexi has gone 'berserk'. Unless I've missed something from the last few chapters, is the boy at the bottom anyone specific? The scene where she comes into focus freaked me out real good cuz I didn't notice her blurred out of the first shot. Now I'm wondering...just how far is 'going berserk?' and I'm both excited and scared to find out X_X
    they/them or she/her
    EEEE I am hyped ;u;
    I remember in the last chapter that trying to communicate with the 'living' can cause problems, so I just hope Lexi hasn't died or gone forever ;-; Oh God, so Rowan has been killed, and Lexi has gone 'berserk'. Unless I've missed something from the last few chapters, is the boy at the bottom anyone specific? The scene where she comes into focus freaked me out real good cuz I didn't notice her blurred out of the first shot. Now I'm wondering...just how far is 'going berserk?' and I'm both excited and scared to find out X_X
    Things aren't looking to bright right now, is it? On the upside, Zeke has finally made a dash for freedom, although most likely in the wrong direction, directly into the line of fire. Oh well.
    The kid at the bottom with the androgynous haircut is actually a girl! She's the kid in the photo with the manager and Lexi Lilly. And it seems that Lexi Lilly is... planning some not nice things for her 😬 How far will she go? Does that mean she'll be gone forever? Hopefully I can write the next chapter faster than this one 😂

Thank you, as always, for reading :)
    Hi guys, Sims took forever to update, so I'll just use that as an excuse for this late post 😅 Hope you enjoy.

edited June 2021
    I’m gonna start leaving my comments on your WP instead. If they don’t come up I’ve probably ended up in your spam folder. I end up in everyone’s spam folder XD love the latest chapter < 3
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her