Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Yes
    I only want and need one more occult and that's werewolves. And maybe update the one's we have like Plantsims, Aliens and, Mermaids with skill trees. Also make Plantsims and actual full occult instead of a temporary occult.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Yes
    Thinking about this, not only should there be a lifestate toggle so you can just tick off the occults you WANT to appear in your game but each lifestate should also allow you to limit HOW MANY of them you want. Remembering the vampire plagues in Bridgeport with Sims3 makes me realize players just need better controls to work with in their own personal games.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Yes
    The way I see it is, there aren't many left. The big one is werewolves, and a more minor one being fairies. And while Aliens and Mermaids could REALLY do with expansion, a la vampires or spellcasters, it's not like we have only 2 - like there was when i started playing TS4. I love occults, I always play with them, and there is a lot more work to be done on families. Get the occults out of the way, then really focus on real life, and give it ALL attention.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Thinking about this, not only should there be a lifestate toggle so you can just tick off the occults you WANT to appear in your game but each lifestate should also allow you to limit HOW MANY of them you want. Remembering the vampire plagues in Bridgeport with Sims3 makes me realize players just need better controls to work with in their own personal games.

The problem with the Invasion of the "x life-state or Showtime Performers" in TS3 is/was due to the story progression, we didn't have any way to prevent the game from randomly turning NPC sims (outside of turning off story progression altogether) prior to the release of Supernatural, which added the toggle option to stop the game from turning sims into occults or Celebrities due to story progression.

TS4 kind of sits in this weird middle ground where it won't change existing NPC's into occults/celebrities (outside of a bug with Spellcasters, which I'm still not sure is a bug or a feature), because there's no story progression in the vanilla game, but instead generates new occult/celebrity sims in place of changing existing ones. Which is slightly better because it makes getting rid of them easier, but doesn't change the fact that the game will make more.
    So creating a toggle that prevents the game from creating randomly generated occult sims would be ideal, but in the long run, isn't it just easier to not buy the packs that are DEDICATED to specific occults? (Get to Work and Island Living not included because the occults are a side feature in those games and can't be avoided) But hey, what do I know? :astonished:
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Yes
    munroele wrote: »
    The way I see it is, there aren't many left. The big one is werewolves, and a more minor one being fairies. And while Aliens and Mermaids could REALLY do with expansion, a la vampires or spellcasters, it's not like we have only 2 - like there was when i started playing TS4. I love occults, I always play with them, and there is a lot more work to be done on families. Get the occults out of the way, then really focus on real life, and give it ALL attention.

I'd say a lot of people are looking forward to the return of Genies, but otherwise, I agree.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes

I'm still so angry that we couldn't turn off zombies in TS3. They were the one occult I hated (and still hate), and I couldn't turn them off, but everyone else could turn off wizards/vampires/werewolves/genies.
    Yes

I'm still so angry that we couldn't turn off zombies in TS3. They were the one occult I hated (and still hate), and I couldn't turn them off, but everyone else could turn off wizards/vampires/werewolves/genies.

Same, while in theory, I like the idea of the full moon zombies invasions, but I really did dislike how they'd just spawn on the lot and then try to eat my plants... changed the way how I gardened that's for sure...I still disliked how they were impossible to turn off.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Yes

Same, while in theory, I like the idea of the full moon zombies invasions, but I really did dislike how they'd just spawn on the lot and then try to eat my plants... changed the way how I gardened that's for sure...I still disliked how they were impossible to turn off.

Just about everyone disliked not being able to turn them off. And it is telling that EA utterly ignored us on that.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    I'm still waiting on a gargoyle. I guess that is a no from Maxis since I don't think they ever think about gargoyles that are statues atop that building. I guess I'm never going to see it come alive, swoop down and take off with a Sim in it's talons. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on a gargoyle. I guess that is a no from Maxis since I don't think they ever think about gargoyles that are statues atop that building. I guess I'm never going to see it come alive, swoop down and take off with a Sim in it's talons. :D

This would be pretty cool! I'd make the New York Clan from Disney's Gargoyles.
  • marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    As much as I would love more packs adding realistic activities, I can't deny I LOVE Occult sims gameplay. I also enjoy the poorly dressed vampires in my game, and the way they idle in the sun without caring.
    Sure, they could implement them in more "realistic" ways like the Paranormal pack, considering there are people Ghost Hunting as a job, but either way I do not mind.
    Post edited by marissim on
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Yes
    LittleFox2 wrote: »
    This is why everything gets nerfed because many fail to realize this is a game that is not meant to be realistic. Dust the Bust Kit is a prime/recent example of this. It was nerfed by those who complained about things (by design mind you) they wanted changed. Fair enough, so they made the changes. Complainers of course can include anyone like:

1. Those who don't own the pack but complain after watching some YouTuber's non neutral rant and/or reading comments.
    2. They buy the pack and dislike something that is by design and complain.
    3. The crowd who keeps on insisting the pack is still broken and had to mod it.
    4. Those who have no intention of buying the pack/kit, haven't purchased any TS4 content in years--still complaining.
    5. And the list goes on and on.....

That is why I hope whatever they bring out to cater to those who want this in the game--it is kept (contained) in its own world. Perhaps, it won't be nerfed. :)

I'm still salty they nerfed vampire break-ins. And I've only had an alien abduction like once so I'm assuming that was either nerfed or by design. I wish they would just add toggles for people who buy occult packs only for build/buy and CAS. Or even add lot traits like NO vampires, aliens, or spellcasters. So it totally disables those occults from showing up.

I wanted Get Famous for the world, build/buy, and CAS, but didn't want fame, celebrities, and paparazzi showing up on my lots. Especially how annoying it ended up being. It was nice to have a toggle to opt out of fame, de-fame all the current celebrities, and remove all the celebrity lot traits. No more annoying celebrities in my game.
  • d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    Yes
    I love fantasy as I would call it, not exactly occult, I guess that would mean like the vampires, even though they are sort of my favorite to play since they don't have to use the bathroom, and don't have to eat.....I get tired of trying to keep up with them having to go to the bathroom until I have enough points to get that trait for them so they don't have to go so often, or eat or sleep lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes
    Just had another crazy thought; how about a Gargoyle/Werewolf hybrid. :D
  • RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    No
    No. I don't even own "Vampires" and "Paranormal". I want realism.
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    That depends. I haven't been that impressed by the ones in the game now. Ghosts just break stuff constantly. Vampires don't do much of anything, except try and burn themselves to a crisp (although I managed to mod mine to bite autonomously). Spell casters arrive on and leave on brooms, but otherwise, how would you know? They never take out a wand and cast a spell. You only see mermaids in Sulani, and then they just splash around. And aliens just wander around disguised. There's more to do playing any of them, but once you have and go back to human, they're pretty boring. If they took the time to make them more interesting, vibrant, and balanced npcs that added to the game, maybe.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    Yes
    I really, really want werewolves. I've been playing since TS2, and I've re-created certain characters and storylines I originally created for TS2 in both TS3 and TS4.

One of those characters is a werewolf, and the storyline involves a vampire/werewolf couple and spans a couple of generations with all the backstory and all the things.

I have this entire multigenerational family re-created already. They've been sitting in my library for over a year now, just waiting...
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Yes
    If it will make more players happy, then yes. But I don't play with occults much. I'm more into realistic gameplay. I think they should focus more on improving sims' personalities.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    ABSOLUTELY.

I'm still waiting for werewolves. Fairies would be neat too, but I actually have werewolf characters I'd like to make.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Yes
    I know that a lot of people are talking about this one, but... I REALLY want werewolves.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    Yes, I really would love werewolves. I don't mind occult in my game and my only wish is for them to be at least as fleshed out as vampires and magic users.

I wish for ghosts to be reworked tho. They behave very human-like, eat, sleep, use bathroom, need clothes for cold and warm weather. Some of them I've cheat out of those needs and others I just head canon that they forgot that they are ghosts, but I really would like for the ghosts to be a different life state. Maybe give them their own goal in afterlife, because right now they all only have this vendetta against toilets and bathroom sinks.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yes
    Why not? :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Yes
    Werewolves!

I agree with you wanting werewolves. I want werewolves too. I also want vampire/werewolf hybrid sims, whether it's through Create-A-Sim, or a vampire being pregnant with a werewolf's baby, or the werewolf being pregnant with the vampire's baby. Or the sim who is a human be turned into a vampire by one bite, then have the werewolf bite the human, turning the human into a vampire/werewolf.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes
    Why can't we get Fairies & Werewolves? Why only the Build Modes?
  • skybird14skybird14 Posts: 90 Member
    No
    The only occult I play is Spellcasters but I know that occults are a huge part of The Sims and there is a huge scope to add more but I feel that there are still improvements to be made on existing occults before more are added.