Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How "realistic" is your game?

13...Next

Comments

• readerbug2readerbug2 Posts: 31 Member
    Semi-realistic (Fictional context mixed with real life)
    I said "semi-realistic", but it honestly depends on my game save. Each save file has it's own rules. I have one where occult sims are heavily featured in my storylines, and I use cheats to make them uber wealthy so I can give them all these grand manors. Even the regular sims in that world will benefit from my using the motherlode cheat so I can play out my storyline in the house I want to use.

In another save file, though, everything is very realistic. I'll design a house and give it to my sims for free, but then everything else after that has to be done without cheats, and I don't play with occults much in that save file. Aging is definitely a thing here, even though I'm playing on the longest life span.

Another sim file will also be occult-lite, but I might use cheats more so that I can tell whatever story I want to tell.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Actually I realized that my original answer is based in the households I'm playing this week. My family households (descendants of the founding sim) are semi-realistic. Even the vampires and spellcasters in the family have jobs and kids and at least half normal lives, and the rest of the family is non-occult. But I also have extra occult households that are not realistic at all.

In general, any supernatural/extraterrestrial thing that comes with the packs I own exists in my sims' world, but the family is basically about family play. And they all age at the same rate and die of whatever causes the game might choose, including old age, and they have to earn their money and grades and most of them have to do their own cleaning (unless they have magic or money), they have real world hobbies and all that stuff. The non-family households are much more "Anything Goes." But they are a smaller percentage of the households in my rotation.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Anything goes!
    I put in Anything Goes, because the way I play each of my save files slightly different. I have 5-6 save files, where two are the most similar, and a newer one is following the pattern of another save file.
    I have one save file where I am making families I made in Sims 2 into Sims 4 versions of them. 2 of the three families so far are Mages.
    Two save files have my Sims, and a mixture of Sims based on smaller series I like. One save file has my Sims with Legolas from Lord of the Rings living in them, and some other Lord of the Rings characters, like his dad and Aragon. Another one has my Sims with a bunch of versions of Natsume from Natsume's book of Friends. Most of the series Sims like Legolas and Natsume came from the Gallery.
    One save file has two sisters, and their families, and one sister is a mage with her own children. I moved the mage sister and her kids out, and had her have a daughter with a sim I took from the gallery. The sisters are in the same career, but the mage sister is doing better than her sister. The regular sister had a son born in-game, but I made her two children the same age as her niece and nephew. Except for the mage sister and her mage kids, the save file is pretty normal.
    I have a "Frozen" save file, where I came up with different versions of the sisters. I have families where Iduna and Agnarr have Elsa and Anna as kids, and as teens. Another where Anna is married to Kristoff, and I gave them two kids to start with. There were at least two families like this, and Elsa lived with both. Another family I have has Agnarr and Iduna still alive as grandparents to Anna and Kristoff's kids. I also have one family where Agnarr and Iduna are still the same, but Elsa and Anna are boys. I threw in two families I created, which were the same family, but on my PS4 they had a daughter and in the other the had a son, so I moved the son version into my PS4 so the two versions lived in the same world.
    My newest save file is Harry Potter, and it is going to end up fairly similar to the Frozen version. So far, I have the Weasleys, where Ron is a toddler, so I can get Ginny born in-game. I also have Harry as a toddler, but with his parents and aunt, uncle, and cousin. I have Hermione as a toddler, and plan to make her a mage when she is a teen.
    Most of my game play is based on what would keep me entertained for a long time. It is pretty entertaining to see different versions of the same Sims interacting with each other. So, all and all, I tend to come up with an idea and wing it.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Realistic lol? We talking about the sims? 🙄
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other
    I've played a little of each. I've stripped some Sim to $0 and a guitar and made them earn absolutely everything, I've given them riches and just messed around, I've made family, friends, fictional characters, original Sims. I've built real houses, pretend places, and combinations of the two. I like realism the least. Mostly I like to place my simself and my daughter's simself in a random house, then not play us at all while I do something else. Don't try to befriend us, just see us pop in for cameos. Nothing like getting into a vampire plot, then seeing yourself club-dancing (badly) in the background for a moment.

Give me your spellcasters, vampires, and spur-of-the-moment decisions, longing to be free!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    Anything goes!
    My game is definitely not realistic. Some saves are more "real" than others but my Sims at least have occult friends and do some weird stuff that's not realistic.
    I hate rules and I don't like to limit my Sims.
    Too realistic play to me is like playing with dolls and I'm not interested of dolls anymore, I grew out of them over 40 years ago.
    I love family play, but with a twist. Whenever my game starts to feel too realistic I need to spice it up before it gets too boring.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Realistic (Fictional context)
    It's funny because in books or shows, I like sci-fi, fantasy, vampires, etc., but in the sims, I mostly play a realistic game with the caveat that it's often from a different time period, so in a way, the era is a fantasy element.

I like to play in a semi-idealistic world. For example, I have a "gentleman's club" in my game, which is not idealistic in that it's objectifying to women, but it is semi-idealistic in that it's a very toned-down version of what a gentleman's club really is. The dancers' outfits are pretty tame, and the only thing that really happens at the club is that the men watch the women dance (really they're watching televisions that I've downsized and hidden behind the dancers, haha), and the guys play cards, drink, and socialize with each other and the dancers.

That's just one of the ways in which my game is both realistic and not realistic at the same time.

9bde4dbce4a6a0aa52073a143332dbd1c731e3c5.png
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I switch between styles depending on save but semi realistic is my major play style.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    It's funny because in books or shows, I like sci-fi, fantasy, vampires, etc., but in the sims, I mostly play a realistic game with the caveat that it's often from a different time period, so in a way, the era is a fantasy element.

I like to play in a semi-idealistic world. For example, I have a "gentleman's club" in my game, which is not idealistic in that it's objectifying to women, but it is semi-idealistic in that it's a very toned-down version of what a gentleman's club really is. The dancers' outfits are pretty tame, and the only thing that really happens at the club is that the men watch the women dance (really they're watching televisions that I've downsized and hidden behind the dancers, haha), and the guys play cards, drink, and socialize with each other and the dancers.

That's just one of the ways in which my game is both realistic and not realistic at the same time.

9bde4dbce4a6a0aa52073a143332dbd1c731e3c5.png

That's such a brilliant idea and yet so simple that I'm baffled how I never thought of it before! I've never yet met a sim that could resist watching TV, not even my most serious genius types. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Unrealistic (Fictional context)
    VeeDub wrote: »

That's such a brilliant idea and yet so simple that I'm baffled how I never thought of it before! I've never yet met a sim that could resist watching TV, not even my most serious genius types. :lol:

That was my thought too! :lol: I've got to try this!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't even know.. Anything Goes? That or unrealistic fiction or semi-realistic fiction.
    It doesn't bother me at all that sims don't age or they drink a potion and boom everything is all right... or not and they are suddenly on the ground snoozing. I'll world hop without being bothered about distance perceived at all. They can die and go on happily as ghosts or get resurrected like it's just par for the course.
    I find it frustrating to try to play realistically. I also get bored pretty quick if I do a day to day real life grind (job, family, better home, raise kids).
    My sims often move around and often learn things that make no sense ... Such as.. this is my rocket scientist, master baker, musical genius (and on and on) that has fathered 20 kids with different women (and a couple men) despite being a young adult... oh and he recently decided to become a spellcaster.
    Although on the flip side I do have a number of saves where my characters are limited to what I think of as their personality and traits and will mostly only develop skills to match. But they are still over the top fictional usually.. like I'll have Seymour Krelborn (Little Shop of Horrors). That will learn everything about gardening, be a good singer and a decent cook but never change jobs... thing is I have to flip through all the characters in saves like that to get my grins because just doing certain things on that sim (family) only can become boring. Even if I'm maneuvering to have cowplants eat other sims or finding ways to kill off "bad guys" while doing it.
    I do want that real life background for my sims to spring from either way. Like I wouldn't want them living in a pink world with no gravity (at least not most of the time if it were available). They still need some sort of realistic world to play from.

egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Unrealistic (Real life context) -- This could mean a primarily real-life basis but that your sims live idealistic lives in ideal worlds. You may or may not have occult life states in your game, and your sims likely never age or die (from any cause).

My sims live a totally drama free experience. Mom and Dad have jobs, raise their children, assign chores, help with homework, and provide guidance. There is a lot of socializing with extended family, family vacations, movie nights, family dinners out, date nights for Mom and Dad.

Where it gets unrealistic is that Mom is a master caster, master duelist spellcaster. I also haven't had a family member or extended family member die. There are no age norms or constraints in my game. I've had a mother and daughter who were both young adults. My toddler has been a toddler for 4 years. My sims do age up but only when I feel it's the right time.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

@VeeDub Thanks! Here's more of how the club works in case you want to make something similar. I have a couple of 3-walled dance rooms set up off of the main part of the gentleman's club. The space where the fourth wall would be is blocked off by tables where the men can sit and watch the dancers/tvs. The dance rooms have a dance floor and a downsized radio on the floor. Access to the dance room is controlled with door locks related to clubs, so only the dancers can go into the dance rooms. I use a mod to specify which category of clothing sims can wear on the lot, so the dancers are always dressed in their uniforms. It runs pretty smoothly by itself this way with minimal interference needed by me and has the appearance of actually being a gentleman's club.

65ba113abdf101285061d6c0056441e393abf14f.png
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I play within the confines of the game. All my sims have some measure of realistic type gameplay - some type of job or way to make money, family, chores, etc. Other than that, if it's in the game, anything goes. I don't typically cheat unless something goes screwy in the game, and I don't add outside gameplay that isn't needed other than MCCC and its story progression (and a whole lot more). Especially lately, I've been obsessed with Super Sims/Ultimate Sims...not very realistic, but hey, totally realistic in the Sims World! Realistic to me is if it can happen in real life - and there are people like that out there, though not with EVERY skill known and every job etc.

I just play the Sims, man.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Unrealistic (Fictional context)
    I always like to portray my own fictional universes in my game, I generally play with themes like fantasy, steampunk, magic
    I always make a background story for my save files, and I create and roleplay the world according to it. So I use cheats and never age sims to keep things according to my story
  • zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    Anything goes!
    I play mostly with occults. The vast majority of the Sims I play regularly are spellcasters. I've done just about everything with the occults in the game, and I've tried all of them. I have my favorites, but they're a soft spot.

Beyond occult play, though, I go with whatever strikes my fancy, or how the game itself decides to go. I play with autonomy on, and mostly let my Sims guide me. Occasionally I'll have a specific goal in mind, but it's not uncommon for me to start on a goal and then end up veering completely left and landing on Pluto instead. I do often play legacies, or legacy-like saves, occasionally on rotation, and in these instances ageing will often be on. The worst that happens is I resurrect someone. Wah.
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Anything goes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck

I play the sims like a rugged looking man with a hat and a whip. What can I say?
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I keep mine pretty realistic, but add supernatural elements. My main family is spellcaster/human, one dates a vampire, but they still do laundry, that sort of thing lol

—T
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeURx3mYck

I play the sims like a rugged looking man with a hat and a whip. What can I say?

Haha! You chose a movie (and character) that appear on my very short list of all-time favorites. You need say no more. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    As of now I have a human Sim, and keep it sort of realistic, but I have her chug youth potions when she gets close to the next age-up.