Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Control scheme update?

Hey does anyone think they'll ever update the control scheme for console? It's rather clunky especially in menus like inventory, relationships and CAS. I wish we could just use the cursor if we wanted. It's weird that when you open the relationships panel you can scroll with the right trigger and just select with the cursor. Same with CAS. I'd love it if I could just use the cursor to select categories, use the right stick to scroll through clothes and select with the cursor.

I get that I can use mouse and keyboard but I don't have those and actually enjoy using the controller on my Xbox.

Comments

• Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    I want the option to switch to the Sims 3 console port control scheme.
    Grease is the word!
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I want the option to switch to the Sims 3 console port control scheme.

I've never played Sims 3 on console so I'm not too sure how that game played. I'm fine with the controls for Sims 4 because I've gotten used to them, I just wish we had more options to customize it to our liking.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I would be happy if they would just fix the D-pad wall/ and upstairs/downstairs issue. It gets really old having to delete Your game and start over every few days just bc you went into CAS! This is just about a game breaker on Xbox. The lag is bad enough.
  • ElizaGraceElizaGrace Posts: 9 New Member
    The control scheme on console can get so confusing. I understand that we have limited buttons, but when what each button does changes in the middle of building, it can be a real pain, especially since it's not clear how to switch between controls. And their last update that added bottom control guides to all of the UI (even if you have control guides turned off!) has only made the UI more cluttered while offering zero useful information. I really hope they update it to make certain controls more intuitive.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    ElizaGrace wrote: »
    The control scheme on console can get so confusing. I understand that we have limited buttons, but when what each button does changes in the middle of building, it can be a real pain, especially since it's not clear how to switch between controls. And their last update that added bottom control guides to all of the UI (even if you have control guides turned off!) has only made the UI more cluttered while offering zero useful information. I really hope they update it to make certain controls more intuitive.

Seeing the LB/RB buttons on my UI are driving me NUTS! I turned off the control scheme because I don't want it cluttering up my screen.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm ready to move directly instead of with the cursor...I hate the controls system for consoles...