Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Version Graphics

13...Next

Comments

• MarcosMarcos Posts: 2 New Member
    > @sikasika18 said:
    > The game is not in 4k so don't go and buy a 4k screen for the sims 4.
    > Last I heard they only improved the sim textures and kept it 1080p.

I'd really appreciate being able to see screenshots of your observations, @sikasika18
    Thanks!
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I'm just curious what graphics setting do you think the Sims 4 for console is set to? I feel it looks great but sometimes I feel I've seen pictures or videos where the game looks way better. :)

Apparently it's the same as pc on Hugh/ultra. Pc still looks better though which is why I keep asking for an update for the newer next Gen consoles.
    edited June 2021
    sikasika18 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they don't cause to my own eyes the quality of the sims don't match up on pc. They still look blurry and I trust my own eyes better than some article. EA claimed the console versions was gonna be ultra and they were not so I don't trust that article either. But despite the sims being a bit blurry I still think it looks good enough on a tv a certain distance away.

Edit: I might be wrong on that one in regards to the Xbox one x and pro but the graphics are not ultra still despite it possibly having uncompressed textures as the shadows still looks very low res and edgesmoothing is at low.
    I just think the skin on the sims themselves still look grainy, which they don't do on my pc at max settings so that's why I'm not sure.

This!!! This is what I would love to see fixed!! They fixed the Sims and they look amazing now but everything else needs to be fixed. The textures still look grainy on objects from build buy and in the world and the edge smoothing is pretty bad still. Please update the game for the newer consoles.
    I'm really hoping they address the issue with Antialiasing and the jaggy edges on next Gen consoles soon. It should really look smooth like on pc as those console can handle it.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I'm just curious what graphics setting do you think the Sims 4 for console is set to? I feel it looks great but sometimes I feel I've seen pictures or videos where the game looks way better. :)

It's not ultra despite what we have been told in the past and textures still don't look great on objects. The ps5 and Xbox series x could play the game looking the way it looks on pc ultra without a doubt. My guess is they just can't be bothered to make a separate next Gen version so we have to stick to playing the previous gen version of the game which if in honest at this point it doesn't surprise me. It's so frustrating. We don't even have anyone to ask about it.
    I'm still waiting for the next gen consoles to get a graphics boost, specifically the jaggy edges on windows and objects. I don t know what it is but pc still looks better the console graphically.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    I'm still waiting for the next gen consoles to get a graphics boost, specifically the jaggy edges on windows and objects. I don t know what it is but pc still looks better the console graphically.
    The jagged windows is apparently still a problem on pc to, or at least I still have the problem.
    Astro wrote: »
    The jagged windows is apparently still a problem on pc to, or at least I still have the problem.

I don't get why they haven't upgraded the graphics on the newer consoles still. I took two screenshots to compare the other day, one on pc and one on console, and you can clearly see there's a big difference still between the two.
    Still waiting for this to be addressed, it's so annoying that the console Simgurus are off twitter now permanently and the rest of the gurus just ignore us console players.
    Still waiting 😂
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Chazzzy Go into options and at the bottom or one of the bottom options will allow you something called UI scalling and click on that and you can make the all the icons and stuff that are on screen bigger or smaller.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    @Bearpal64 The Sims 4 was released around the same time Xbox one was released from what I understand or maybe I should say it was developed around the same time. So, it was probably the best it could be for a 2014 game, or around the best.... now PC players have improved graphic technology that probably makes the game look better.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I have it on PS5 with a really good television (like really good) and it looks great. But I’d agree it’s probably high or some setting unique to console and not ultra.

Would be nice to get a proper next gen update but probably not needed as it automatically just benefits so much from better loading times and performance even with the PS4 version