Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Players: Controller or Mouse/Keyboard?

For the console players who play The Sims 4, do you use a game controller or a mouse and keyboard?

Comments

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I play on PlayStation with a Mouse and Keyboard.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    I play on PlayStation with a Mouse and Keyboard.

Nice! I've been thinking about getting the Razer Turret wireless keyboard & mouse for Xbox One, though it sort of feels like overkill lol. I just like that the mouse is magnetized with a built in mouse pad. Playing with the controller still sucks to me.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I play with both on playstation, sometimes i play with the keyboard and mouse and sometimes the controller I'm used to both, depends how I feel when I start my game 😂
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    Mouse and keyboard, I use Logitech. Building is so much easier and some cheats like unlock career rewards are too long to type in using controller.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    PS4 here. I used to play on a PC, so I bought a Logitech keyboard and a mouse for the console. I tried the controller but it just didn't feel right.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    For the console players who play The Sims 4, do you use a game controller or a mouse and keyboard?

I use both but I prefer keyboard and mouse. The only issue is were my console is located there isn't any room for a keyboard and mouse. You need a computer desk for that.

I use both but I prefer keyboard and mouse. The only issue is were my console is located there isn't any room for a keyboard and mouse. You need a computer desk for that.

I sat on my bed the other day with the mouse and keyboard. I ran into 2 issues. 1) My mouse kept disconnecting. So I had to constantly unplug/plug. It stopped after maybe 30 minutes. 2) My keyboard isn't wireless, but my mouse is. So I had to have a long cord running from my Xbox to the bed so I could use the keyboard. That was annoying which is why I was considering getting a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. The Razer Turret was the first one that came to mind only because it was made specifically for Xbox. But it's quite expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Plus I can always just sit at my computer and play The Sims and it won't cost me any additional money lol
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    I prefer the controller.....its just easier and more convenient for me..I just wish we had direct control for easier movements and more control.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I use a controller, I'm so used to the controls it's more convenient, but was thinking about getting a keyboard - it's been so long since I played PC though so, could take some getting used to again!
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I got used to the controller. I actually tried using a mouse and keyboard and felt overwhelmed by having to re-learn all the controls and went back to the controller. It was weird trying to navigate things with the mouse and keyboard. However, I've been a Sims console player since the early/mid 2000's so it's sort of nostalgic for me to use the controller I guess.

I sat on my bed the other day with the mouse and keyboard. I ran into 2 issues. 1) My mouse kept disconnecting. So I had to constantly unplug/plug. It stopped after maybe 30 minutes. 2) My keyboard isn't wireless, but my mouse is. So I had to have a long cord running from my Xbox to the bed so I could use the keyboard. That was annoying which is why I was considering getting a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. The Razer Turret was the first one that came to mind only because it was made specifically for Xbox. But it's quite expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Plus I can always just sit at my computer and play The Sims and it won't cost me any additional money lol

Maybe the battery in your mouse is dying.

Maybe the battery in your mouse is dying.

It’s possible.
  • FinnleyFinnley Posts: 20 Member
    I always use the controller.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Controller. It’s like second nature to me.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    I use a controller. Very intuitive once you get the hang of it :)
  • 2000andsim2000andsim Posts: 1 New Member
    I use controller. Honestly though, keyboard and mouse is pretty cool. But once you use the controller for the game for even a day, You instantly get used to it (Happens to me all the time)
    Has anyone tested the keyboard and mouse on the PS5 and Xbox Series S?
    Has anyone tested the keyboard and mouse on the PS5 and Xbox Series S?

I have with the Xbox Series S. It works like it did with the Xbox One.
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    Controller because I play on Xbox One & PS4. The only time I use a keyboard is when I type in cheats on Xbox One.
    Grease is the word!
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I play on Xbox Series X with a controller. I don't find the control scheme too difficult but I do find it a little clunky.

I find I play significantly slower on Xbox than I do on PC. Building takes forever on console for me. Even something as simple as renovating a bedroom for a child that just aged up to a teen.
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    I play using the controller. My console is not in a location suitable to plug in keyboard and mouse.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I use both, but I don't like the fact that PS5 has only one port in the front of console. Anyway the most of time I only use controller and mouse only.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    edited April 2021
    I use the controller mostly but occasionally will pop on mouse and keyboard when I'm building as there are certain things that mouse and keyboard allow you to do that controller doesn't. Like fine tune roof angles and placing friezes on only one part of the wall by holding shift.