Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Like More Occults??

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    No
    bella_goth wrote: »
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

The Sims never claimed it was a "realistic" life simulator. :/
    If I want to play the life of a celebrity vampire crime boss who owns a restaurant and is married to a black widow mermaid who paints portraits for a living, the game will let me do that.

I never claimed Sims branded itself to be ultra-realistic, but anyone can see it still needs some quality of life improvements with the life stages.

i play with occults but i include them on realistic gameplay, i don't understand this division between realistic and occult players. the Sims have always included "fantasy" on their games, avoiding it is avoiding part of what makes the franchise.
    well this is my opinion but really this whole vs thing is quite annoying :/

It's not really an us vs them thing to me either. I just want more realistic stuff.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Yes
    I dont understand the push for more occults when its supposed to be a life simulator. Theres so many fantasy/occult games out there. And yet so little in the life sim genre like the sims. I dont mind if they keep it separate as dlc but i wish theyd only focus on life sim personally.

If I want to play the life of a celebrity vampire crime boss who owns a restaurant and is married to a black widow mermaid who paints portraits for a living, the game will let me do that.

I never claimed Sims branded itself to be ultra-realistic, but anyone can see it still needs some quality of life improvements with the life stages.

i play with occults but i include them on realistic gameplay, i don't understand this division between realistic and occult players. the Sims have always included "fantasy" on their games, avoiding it is avoiding part of what makes the franchise.

It's not really an us vs them thing to me either. I just want more realistic stuff.

I don't think it is us vs them either for occult vs. realistic play. However, some occult things seemed to be toned down after people complained about them.
    I just like the occults, and that actually how I got into the Sims, with Sims 2 being my first series for the franchise. I would just love to see the occult mixed in kind of like how they did it with the Sims 2, where you seek out the occults and became a member depending on the pack you had.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Yes
    More occults would be great! I always played with them in The Sims 3, and I would love to see more added to The Sims 4 too! It would be so much fun to play with werewolves and fairies again. They were some of my favorites. Zombies were also pretty cool.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    I'd love to see Fairies make a return.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021

it wasn't a vs thing but i've seen a lot of arguments from realistic players & occult players so it's what came to mind when reading your comment, and also the nerfs to occults which i despise, but i may have overreacted.

i think ts4 devs try to please everybody but get stuck half the way and so they leave a lot of players unhappy and with the "this game lacks something, feels incomplete" kind of feeling. i believe if they got more budget and more time they would be able to properly deliver to pretty much all kind of players.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    No
    Only because I'm a realism player.
    They ought to fix the game first, and then add more BASE GAME gameplay. Maybe then there can be more occults.
    Actually, they ought to hire more people so they can both fix the game and also release new content.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    No
    Umbreon12 wrote: »

I don't think it is us vs them either for occult vs. realistic play. However, some occult things seemed to be toned down after people complained about them.
    I just like the occults, and that actually how I got into the Sims, with Sims 2 being my first series for the franchise. I would just love to see the occult mixed in kind of like how they did it with the Sims 2, where you seek out the occults and became a member depending on the pack you had.

Yup I'd rather have you especially go out the way to interact with them or keep them in their own dlc alltogether.

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes

It's been a thing since the first ever sims game.

It's fine if it doesn't appeal to you, but the appeal is that it is a life sim.

I'm not a rich celebrity, but sometimes I want to live that life in the sims for me.

In the same way, I may want to simulate a life as a witch, or a vampire.

Life doesn't have to be normal, and it's been this way since the sims 1 with ghosts, magic, aliens etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Sure. At the least, let's round out the big three and give the werewolf fans what they want. They've been very patient.
  • Options
    Yes

Yup I'd rather have you especially go out the way to interact with them or keep them in their own dlc alltogether.
    Sims 3 had an entire pack dedicated to the supernatural, with the exception of Vampires who appeared in that pack and another pack. It gave the option to the player whether to pick up the pack our not. It is one of the first packs I got when I bought Sims 3.
    Also, for the Sims 2 thing, I mentioned it, because it kept most players kind of happy. For example, a player who didn't want supernatural stuff in their game could kind of ignore that occult. Seeking out the occult makes it kind of nice, because you actively worked for it. Want to me a werewolf? Befriend the Leader of the Pack in the Pets expansion! It also came with the benefit of being able to train pets better, but human Sim relationships took a hit. There were other things that the occults offered that were fun too, and you had to seek them all out.
    I like Sims 4 occults, and how they are mixed into some packs, I just wish that you could do more with mages with realm of magic, instead of it being more or less only with the world they go to. You can have your mage do stuff in the normal world, but it would have loved to see it pushed more.
    I feel that the occult in Sims 4 is kind of taking a backseat to the other stuff, but I really enjoy what we do get, and wish that we will see more in the future.

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    Who said witches, vampires, werewolves, fairies, aliens, mermaid, unicorns... aren't real? 🧐🤪
  • Options
    No

Sims 3 had an entire pack dedicated to the supernatural, with the exception of Vampires who appeared in that pack and another pack. It gave the option to the player whether to pick up the pack our not. It is one of the first packs I got when I bought Sims 3.
    Also, for the Sims 2 thing, I mentioned it, because it kept most players kind of happy.

Yes I did like supernatural was in it's own thing. Annoyed it was in nightlife pack (what does that have to do with vampires???) but so grateful for toggles. Witches in TS2 though are annoying, i need to find a mod to push them out because they always show up on my lots lol.

• Options
    No

It's been a thing since the first ever sims game.

It's fine if it doesn't appeal to you, but the appeal is that it is a life sim.

Yeah I know it's been that way since inception. Just if I were doing it it wouldn't have them at all lol. Just like if you were responsible for it you'd have as much as you could. Like i said I don't mind it as dlc I just wish TS4 as a whole had more to offer in human life stages before branching out into something supernatural.

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Yes
    I'd only say yes if the new occults were more "fleshed" out like vampires. If they're just in the game for "aesthetics", it'd be a hard no for me. Nothing worse than having an occult with minimal gameplay options.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I love playing families, but I also love occult families.
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Yes
    I'm waiting on werewolves
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Yes

Sims 3 had one pack dedicated to occults but they were also present in every other pack. Aliens in seasons, plantsims in university, robots in ambitions and into the future, genies in showtime, ..... I wasn't very active in the community during the sims 3 era so I am wondering were people already beginning to complain about occults during the sims 3 era. Or did toggles keep everyone happy?

I am all for choice in the sims. I liked the toggles in sims 3 so I could pick and choose which occults to play with. I hope occults come with a toggle or in a dedicated pack so people can play them fully (not nerfed) or not at all.

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    Even as someone who doesn’t play I oocults often the game does need more variety for those who do. The only occult I have enjoyed playing (after mermaids in sims 4) were fairies in sims 3. For those who would like werewolves I hope a gamepack for them comes out. We also need ghosts added to cas as well.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Maybe. I would not mind if more occults were added to the game. I enjoy playing with certain occults (spellcasters/witches have always been my favorite), but if the Sims 4 does add more occults, I hope that they are fully fleshed out, and that they come with a toggle system because while I enjoy playing with occults, I would not necessarily want them in every world or neighborhood.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    I'd be interested in fairies, superheroes/supervillains, and possibly werewolves.

But what I really want is a livable multi-lot underwater world for the mermaids and a livable multi-lot other planet world for the aliens. But I have no hope that something like that would ever be added.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Yes

Also, for the Sims 2 thing, I mentioned it, because it kept most players kind of happy.

Yes I did like supernatural was in it's own thing. Annoyed it was in nightlife pack (what does that have to do with vampires???) but so grateful for toggles. Witches in TS2 though are annoying, i need to find a mod to push them out because they always show up on my lots lol.
    The witches could be annoying, but it was kind of fun trying to befriend them to either become a good witch or evil witch. You could then visit an alternate world with your Sim.
    Vampires were kind of weird for being in Nightlife, but in a way made sense, because in some media vampires hung out in night clubs. In the movie Blade, Blade fought a bunch a vampires in a night club. So, maybe since Nightlife had clubs, they were paying homage to it?
    I just king of hope we get the previous occults back, and add new ones in.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes
    To me it's only logical, if you have vampires and witches, you have to have werewolves and I prefer elves to fairies...the Legolas kind. :D There are sooo many more occults to choose from but those are probably my favorites. Loved weres in Sims 3!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Yes
    I always welcome new gameplay. I love my spellcasters!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes
    Yes, i would love new sim types, like the ones from previous games, fairies, werewolves, simplants, robots, zombies, and any other new sim type would be good too :)
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes
    Yes, more occults are needed! There has been a plethora of "realistic" and "real-world" content in this game, which is fine it's expected in a game like this. But it's time for people who love occult gameplay to get their fair share of the sims 4 pie.

With all that said, first, they need to update aliens, ghosts and plant sims. Because as I see it, they aren't even proper life-states. Aliens are so lacklustre because they were tacked onto Get to Work in the old sims occult style, Plantsims and Ghosts are a joke as they were added in as patches, ghosts have always been a bit on the weaker side, but man I miss the old sims 2&3 ghosts where they were coded in a way to represent their deaths and didn't change colour depending on their mood (was hoping they'd fix this with Paranormal stuff but oh well. While they're at it they need to un-nerf vampire (need I say more in this topic, we all know the one drama llama tweet that was the nail in the coffin of vampire gameplay) and alien abductions.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults