Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A curious question about werewolves

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes!
    Come on devs, my fake Werewolf Vampire sim so wants to howl @ the moon.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    No!
    I'm more concerned with overhauling the personality system. If we get werewolves, cool, but I prefer family gameplay.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes!
    Apparently I've already voted in this poll and just can't see my response.

But YES! I want werewolves. We already have vampires and spellcasters, and well werewolves make up the other third of the "Big Three" of supernaturals. Occults are a very significant part of my gameplay and already so overlooked as it is. I just hope that it would be a game pack all of their own so they can be more fleshed out.

I even have an idea of what the world could look like.
    _sims_4_fanmade_maps__midnight_valley_by_filipesims_dbs0l1v-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xMDgwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNTc0MGNlMjEtNGU2OS00ODRkLTk2OTMtM2U3YzY5YTY3MGNhXC9kYnMwbDF2LTU5YzVjMzNjLTMyMDctNDFiOS04MmYyLTA1YmRkYzg2YTkwMy5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTkyMCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.kXv6U9PER1uqzbEQVMyKwbzwqtE-Jt61vYNiXF5wKaM

It's only fanart by Filipesims on DeviantArt and probably too big for a gamepack world, but I think a world inspired by this one would be perfect. Maybe minus the pumpkin and circus.

ETA: Had to fix the image link
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Yes, but...
    Werewolves would be great, but I think other things need to be added in or fixed first. I personally would love to see more interactions available for my Sims to have with each other, especially if they are romance interactions. Along with that, I know a lot of people want babies to have an update, so I feel like that sort of thing should also be added in before werewolves. However, whenever werewolves do get added into the game, I certainly will be happy about it!
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    I don't really care.
    If they come in their own dedicated pack like Vampires then I can simply not buy it and those who want them can have them. I just don't want Werewolves to be in the same pack as fairies. I really want fairies, but I don't want Werewolves for myself.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yes!
    I actually love that the Occults have their own world.
    Vampires have Forgotten Hollow
    Spellcaster have Glimmerbrooke & Magic World
    Aliens have Sixam, Strangerville & Batuu (even though Strangerville & Batuu came out years after Get to Work)
    Mermaids have Sulani

I'm hoping for the Werewolves to have a Sims 4 Moonlight Falls with the Lunar Moon
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    No!
    No. They don't go with my playstyle (based in real life). I don't even play with aliens. The developers need to fix bugs first.
  • Options
    100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    Yes, but...
    only if you add more depth to them. i liked the concept in the sims 3 but they just fell off due to how other sims reacted to them. make it to where evil/mean, brave, confident, playful sims smack the angry wolf man with a newspaper and the other sims actually react in fear when seeing a werewolf go well wolf-mode. id honestly rather spell casters aliens and plantsims get a bit more added to them or have the fairies back than werewolves tho not my most fav out of supernatural
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes, but...
    I think they are on their way!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited March 2021
    No!
    I would not buy a werewolf pack because it’s not my gameplay style. Yet, I can see that several Simmers would like them in the game and that is why the Sims 4 allows each of us to play the way we want to play.

Werewolf.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes, but...
    Yes, but they really need to contact Pan's Apothika and Enchantments in NYC and talk to those in The Pagan and Otherkin community as consultants about how to do werewolves correctly in the game.

They should have done that with Vampires. They should have done that, especially with spellcasters. They should have done that with mermaids.

Both have served as consultants in the past to a number of movie productions, occult, paranormal and supernatural shows etc. They are the experts.

(Edited by EA_Neil. Removed the direct links)
    Post edited by EA_Neil on
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! They absolutely need to add them, I consider them one of the Big 3 when it comes to Supernatural life states.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited March 2021
    Yes!
    drakharis wrote: »
    Yes, but they really need to contact Pan's Apothika and Enchantments in NYC and talk to those in The Pagan and Otherkin community as consultants about how to do werewolves correctly in the game.

They should have done that with Vampires. They should have done that, especially with spellcasters. They should have done that with mermaids.

Both have served as consultants in the past to a number of movie productions, occult, paranormal and supernatural shows etc. They are the experts.

No offense to you, but what you just linked looks like nothing more than a sales pitch for those New Age shop trying to sell you their oil and potions and hoodoo talismans. I don't think they have any credibility on what makes a proper vampire or werewolf at all, considering that both types of supernaturals are derived from legends and folklore found mainly in European literature. I would trust folktale historians who specialize in legends about werewolves and vampires to be proper consultants for how to accurately portray them, not some oil salespeople trying to get me to buy consultation with a 20-30yo psychic in California.

Furthermore, the Sims is lighthearted, and their derivation for lifestates like Vampires, Spellcasters, and Werewolves is pop culture and media that the larger world would understand and easily connect with. They're not trying to mimic religious ceremonies or things like that (the Sims has actually actively avoided touching on religion), they're trying to make goofy and fun supernatural life states for players along the lines of the Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Bela Lugosi's Dracula, and Teen Wolf.
    Post edited by EA_Neil on
  • Options
    Simmer517Simmer517 Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes, but...
    Yes! But, no wolfmen. Please, don't just slap a bunch of hair on the sims, give them a howling animation, and call it a day. Those would be yetis, not real werewolves. I refuse to buy a pack of yetis.
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    Yes!
    I want all mystical creatures or monsters.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    I don't really care.
    I don't really care, but if werewolves are added to the game, I would prefer that they come with an extensive toggle system, so that I can control where and when they appear.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes!
    One thing is for sure, it does look like the devs are watching. Now just to see what comes of it!