Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

since the patch today game won't let me enable my custom content

This maybe some where on here, but did not see it, Since the patch it would not let me turn the cc back on, I go into game options and check them and save and restart, and when I come back it is unchecked and I get the same message about mods being disabled, any help would be great

Comments

• barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    Well I got it to work, I had to just do it again, I had to remove my mods folder again, load and save, then I put it back and it worked, some of my sims are bald now, but nothing I can't fix
  • Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited January 2021
    Have you tried setting exceptions for both the game and origin client in your antivirus software?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • lth1957lth1957 Posts: 28 Member
    Since the update my mods load but I can not get any new mods to load. Can you give any suggestions?
  • mich_vassmich_vass Posts: 1 New Member
    Need help ! Since the patch it would not let me turn the custom content back on, I go to game options and check it and then save it and restart it but when I come back on it is unchecked again and I get the message ' mods disabled ' , tried removing the mods from folder and install them again but still , i even unintalled the game. Any help would be great or how you guys managed to resolve
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    mich_vass wrote: »
    Need help ! Since the patch it would not let me turn the custom content back on, I go to game options and check it and then save it and restart it but when I come back on it is unchecked again and I get the message ' mods disabled ' , tried removing the mods from folder and install them again but still , i even unintalled the game. Any help would be great or how you guys managed to resolve

Have you tried setting exceptions for both the game and origin client in your antivirus software?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
  • BenjiThatFoxGuyBenjiThatFoxGuy Posts: 5 New Member
    > @lth1957 said:
    > Since the update my mods load but I can not get any new mods to load. Can you give any suggestions?

i've had both this, and what the op is experiencing happen in the past
    temporarily renaming the "The Sims 4" folder so that the game runs fresh, and then removing the fresh folder and running the game with the old folder cleared the cache. really unsure why this had to be done in addition to clearing the cache but it worked for me the both times so it might work for you!