Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 saving issue

I am so furious right now. I have never had this issue happen to me and I've been playing since 2016 or 2015. Ok so my game isn't saving any of my progress! I loaded up my save today and found out that the game didn't actually save anything. It never alerted me of any issues and if my sim hadn't aged up, I honestly wouldn't have noticed. Recently, a lot of issues are happening with the Sims 4. From weird creepy bug with kids and adults, disappearing kits and now this. What is going on with the game?! Is it finally dying? Anyone who has had this happen, please tell me you found a solution.

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    I am so furious right now. I have never had this issue happen to me and I've been playing since 2016 or 2015. Ok so my game isn't saving any of my progress! I loaded up my save today and found out that the game didn't actually save anything. It never alerted me of any issues and if my sim hadn't aged up, I honestly wouldn't have noticed. Recently, a lot of issues are happening with the Sims 4. From weird creepy bug with kids and adults, disappearing kits and now this. What is going on with the game?! Is it finally dying? Anyone who has had this happen, please tell me you found a solution.

They have apparently fixed the problem with the kits, you may need to restart Origin for it to apply.

Are you playing with CC and Mods? You may have to do 50/50 to find the culprit. Be sure to check here to quickly find CC and Mods with issues:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987377/broken-mods-cc-21st-anniversary-patch-feb-21/p1 you don't have to search every page. Page 1 is the master list.

If you are not playing with CC and Mods please report your issues here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en

• Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    It isn't my mods causing this. It seem to get fixed after making a new save. Choosing to "save as" seem to keep progress but choosing just "save" ignores all progress. It's very weird.
  • Options
    HenriettaStrifeHenriettaStrife Posts: 62 Member
    After further testing, I found out that it isn't the save buttons. For some reason, whenever I leave my home lot to go Traveling, that's when the game refuses to save my progress and creates a "scratch" name for any saves I make after traveling or during an outing. I know that the Scratch file in the Sims 4 folder is for temporary saves. What I don't get is why the game is triggering scratch saves when I save after or during an outing like as if the game thinks that's the base game saves. Also my household is in Mt Komorebi. I'm mentioning that just in case this is a common bug that only happens with households in that world.